You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope question

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
I just checked my stats, my total profit is -$5, but my ROI is 69%.  I cant make sense of this, can anyone?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO
  • edited September 2010
    its no good m8, i gave up on it ages ago.
    when i won ths ds for 3k mine shown £-220
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question:
    its no good m8, i gave up on it ages ago. when i won ths ds for 3k mine shown £-220
    Posted by freechips1
    Did you satellite in, if so i dont think it counts?
  • edited September 2010
    total profit is not the same as ROI

roi is a % value relating to how much money you get back for what you put in.

so if you play a tonne of tiny tournies and win money in them but then play 1 £100 tournie and lose you may well be down on overall profit but you are still a +%ROI player

geddit?
  • edited September 2010
    total profit is not the same as ROI roi is a % value relating to how much money you get back for what you put in. so if you play a tonne of tiny tournies and win money in them but then play 1 £100 tournie and lose you may well be down on overall profit but you are still a +%ROI player geddit?
    Posted by beaneh
    perfect.

thats some ski slope beaneh ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question : perfect. thats some ski slope beaneh ;)
    Posted by theneons

sky tournaments can suk my bawls

the fields are never huge and my sample size is pretty small but people who snap call all in with no pair no draw get there a huge percentage of the time lol its so totally rigged
  • edited September 2010
    Remember that Sharkscope doesn't cover the total history of SkyPoker (I think it started to cover Sky 12-18 months ago but I'm willing to be corrected).

It also struggles with satellites and doesn't take into account SPT cashes.

To save anyone searching mine I'm ahead but not by a huge amount and I'm just coming out of a major downswing (hopefully, fingers crossed).  Think the London skyline from left to right and I'm currently coming up the OXO Tower.

On a personal note I've never liked or fully trusted Sharkscope.  Another major poker site have had many confrontations with the site and now have an opt in clause where the player has to 'activate' their Sharkscope stats.  I'm constantly amazed by anyone who does this as you are just putting free information out there to be used against you.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question : sky tournaments can suk my bawls the fields are never huge and my sample size is pretty small but people who snap call all in with no pair no draw get there a huge percentage of the time lol its so totally rigged
    Posted by beaneh
    Just one big win away from profit lol.

Eeek that would be some mountain
  • edited September 2010
    Remember that Sharkscope doesn't cover the total history of SkyPoker (I think it started to cover Sky 12-18 months ago but I'm willing to be corrected). It also struggles with satellites and doesn't take into account SPT cashes. To save anyone searching mine I'm ahead but not by a huge amount and I'm just coming out of a major downswing (hopefully, fingers crossed).  Think the London skyline from left to right and I'm currently coming up the OXO Tower. On a personal note I've never liked or fully trusted Sharkscope.  Another major poker site have had many confrontations with the site and now have an opt in clause where the player has to 'activate' their Sharkscope stats.  I'm constantly amazed by anyone who does this as you are just putting free information out there to be used against you.
    Posted by TommyD
    Reminds me of the online restaurant reviews which you've no doubt seen? ;-) lol

I disabled and stopped using Sharkscope as I was becoming stats obsessed!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question : Just one big win away from profit lol. Eeek that would be some mountain
    Posted by The_Don90

lol with how mountainous my graph is it will prob take a few 6 figure scores!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question : Did you satellite in, if so i dont think it counts?
    Posted by loonytoons
    i think but not totally sure if you sat into say the primo you paid £1.50/£7 but sharkscope puts you down that you,ve paid £33...does that make sense
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope question : i think but not totally sure if you sat into say the primo you paid £1.50/£7 but sharkscope puts you down that you,ve paid £33...does that make sense
    Posted by stokefc
    Yep, Sharkscope always records it as FULL BUYIN so it can be really 'out' on MTT stats.

• edited September 2010

i sat into the £220 mtt 3 times, twice it has shown -£220 (one of these i won £3k) and the other time nothing showed at all.
    I do think it is not far of spot on for tracking your stt results but thats about it.