You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there such a thing as too trusting?

edited September 2010 in The Shed
well....dont laugh at me but yes I think there is!
I dont question things....this is ususally where i get problems cos I believe everything everyone says!
So....a year ago I had driven up Bangor mountain to see a customer about his dog when my clutch went...so I got towed to my local garage where I have been going for years and they took my old car and said "we got something perfect for you...you can fit the kids and all the dogs in it!"
It was a Volvo estate auto (even better..no gears to think about whilst I have a car full of screaming kids and howling dogs!) so I took it out for quick zoom around and asked what engine size is it (cos of insurance) and they say 1.6....perfect cos I dont want bigger cos would cos me a fortune!!!!!

Anyhoo...I hand over the cash, leave my old car there and get home with a new banger within about 2 hours of breaking down up the mountain! (I dont like hanging around!)

A year later and it's due MOT....so today I dig out the cars papers (remember I have also taxed it and not been any the wiser either)....I turn around to hubby and say "omg...my car isn't a 1.6, it's a 2 litre! no wonder its costing me a fortune in petrol!"

so...moral of the story, dont live in ignorant bliss like me and trust everything everyone says cos even though it's a nice feeling to think everyone is a goodie and there are not a lot of baddies in the world they can be right under your nose!

ps...I can hear you all laughing you know!

Comments