You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad play or worth a punt?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
£11 hold em scheduled tourney tonight, down to heads up with a player who has shown to be very loose aggresive, had just lost the chip lead in a big pot with flopped 2 pair, all the chips went in and he turned trips, some gloating followed which may have influenced my decision. Do you guys call or fold?
kirstii Small blind  75.00 75.00 2710.00
getlucky Big blind  150.00 225.00 3065.00
  Your hole cards

kirstii Call  75.00 300.00 2635.00
getlucky Check     
Flop

• K

getlucky All-in  3065.00 3365.00 0.00
kirstii All-in  2635.00 6000.00 0.00
getlucky Unmatched bet  430.00 5570.00 430.00
kirstii Show

getlucky Show

Turn

River

kirstii Win Straight to the 6 5570.00  5570.00

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Your 46.87% to win as it stands. Ever worse if he has A4 of hearts your 19.09% and at best your about 60% if he has a random hand and both you cards are live. I think you can find a better spot to get it in.

• edited September 2010
    Flush & St8 draw but would have sooner been the one shoving than calling.... myself I would have folded but if he had checked then maybe a shove is ok as you have a lot of outs.
  • edited September 2010
    Hmm kirstii so basically you made the shove to try and get one back at him for the previous hand if the reason you called was to get 1 over on him then i think it's a bad call if however you really fancied your hand then you paid the £11 you call away you have loads of outs
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad play or worth a punt?:
    Hmm kirstii so basically you made the shove to try and get one back at him for the previous hand if the reason you called was to get 1 over on him then i think it's a bad call if however you really fancied your hand then you paid the £11 you call away you have loads of outs
    Posted by Buster69
    I think looking at it in the cold i'm still 50/50 as to why i called, i think the outs covinced me but it partially was to get one back lol.
  • edited September 2010
    i would of called there are so many outs and str8 away he has shown weakness by shoving, i would of put him on ace high as opposed to 10's however but def worth the call! And then i would of put a nice ty in the chat box lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad play or worth a punt?:
    i would of called there are so many outs and str8 away he has shown weakness by shoving, i would of put him on ace high as opposed to 10's however but def worth the call! And then i would of put a nice ty in the chat box lol
    Posted by Batkin88
    i actually put tyvm lol
  • edited September 2010
    That is an ugly, ugly hand from all concerned.

HU you got to be raising the button here.

I cannot believe the villain checks his TT and then shoves the K high flop for 20 BB's to win 2 - just hideous!

And then I don't like the call here either. You have to ask yourself, do you think you are better than your oppo? If yes then no need to put the chips in when you NEED to hit as you are always behind here. If you think he has a bit of edge on you then the call is fine.