You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Cancellation

edited September 2010 in Community Suggestions
registered to play £20 guaranteed tournie.  only 3 people entered so they cancelled.  phoned up to ask why and they said not enough people entered to cover the guarantee. asked to speak to his boss to see if he understood what guarantee meant. joke site, any admin please feel free to respond.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hey, relax

Take a trip to countryside, wake up in the morning and get on your horse as the sun slithers through the tree trunks and the horses breath blazes out on a chilly mornin, pat your horse and rub his head, recieve a lick on the cheek and ave a few momoents of laughter, get on the back and ride into the forrest, canter down the lane, forget about your £20 free roll, forget about skypoker just relish the thought of being on a thoroughbred in glorious conditions of man n beast.

MH
  • edited September 2010
    you probably could have bought your point across a little better....

however i do 100% agree with in regards to the tourny, and it's an issue that both i, and other users have bought up on this forum several times, and as far as i know, it has never received an answer
  • edited September 2010

OP has a point, but thread title needs amending. i dont agree with this.

Guarantee does mean a guarantee innit

you cant have a 10 pound 400 runner 4k gtd make only 399 runners and cancel it, same principle applies surely?

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a fckn joke:
    I'll give it 9 minutes.
    Posted by Machka
    10 &  counting !
  • edited September 2010
    I'll give it 9 minutes.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a fckn joke : 10 &  counting !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Can't rely on the mods these days.

Isn't there some rule about tournys with less than a certain number of runners won't run regardless of guarantee?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to this site is a fckn joke:
    registered to play £20 guaranteed tournie.  only 3 people entered so they cancelled.  phoned up to ask why and they said not enough people entered to cover the guarantee. asked to speak to his boss to see if he understood what guarantee meant. f"kn joke site, any admin please feel free to respond.
    Posted by gr8gr

Thats all i have, Could this also go down as fase advertsing? as there saying there going to do some somthing but then pull out
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a fckn joke : Can't rely on the mods these days. Isn't there some rule about tournys with less than a certain number of runners won't run regardless of guarantee?
    Posted by Machka
    So why dnt they call them SLIGHT GTD tournys
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a fckn joke : Can't rely on the mods these days. Isn't there some rule about tournys with less than a certain number of runners won't run regardless of guarantee?
    Posted by Machka
    yep have read it ,

but cant remember where that info is !
  • edited September 2010
    ok i found this lot ,

but cant find anything in it relating to this .......

can u guys  ?

Sky Poker Tournament Cancellation Policy

Sky Poker aims to provide our players with an enjoyable poker experience and we realise that in certain circumstances, which can be caused by a variety of reasons, that it may be necessary on certain occasions to cancel tournaments. If it becomes necessary to cancel a tournament we will endeavour to treat you fairly. The specific circumstances relating to any cancellation will be a determining factor in how we deal with the cancellation of each separate tournament.

Sky Poker will not be held responsible for any failure to provide its poker service due to unforeseen circumstances or causes, which are beyond our reasonable control. These may include, but are not limited to: fire, flood, earthquakes, war, acts of terrorism, fibre cuts, failure of the telecommunications or information services infrastructure, hacking or spam attacks.

By participating in a tournament a player accepts the risk of an internet disconnection, lag or freezes. Sky Poker does not accept any responsibility for player disconnections. In the case of a server crash, Sky Poker will implement the following tournament cancellation policy as detailed below:

The tournament has not yet started?
    If the tournament has not started, a full refund of the buy in amount and additional fees will be given.

The tournament has started and most players are still active?
    If the tournament has started and most players are still active, a full refund of the buy in amount and any additional fee's will be given. This rule will be applied to all tournaments unless the total number of players left in the tournament is equal to or less than the declared number of paid places for that particular tournament.

The tournament has been cancelled and all remaining players are in the paid places?
    All remaining players will receive a payout based on the total number of chips they hold when the tournament was cancelled. The player who has the highest number of chips being deemed to have finished first and the player with the second highest number of chips being deemed to be second etc. This payout will be the total of the unclaimed portion of the prize pool for the tournament prior to the server crash, which will be distributed to each remaining player based on their final finishing position as explained above. The payment each individual will receive will be in line with the tournaments displayed payout structure.

What happens if I am playing in a guaranteed or added prize tournament which is cancelled?
    If a tournament with a guaranteed or added prize pool is cancelled Sky Poker will only refund the total buy in with one exception. In the case that all the remaining players in a tournament are equal to or less than the number of paid places, i.e. they are all 'in the money', then the guaranteed or added prize will be honoured and form part of the tournament settlement.

In the event of any dispute, Sky Poker's Poker Manager's decision will be final.

• edited September 2010
    I found that a few minutes back too and no, can't see anything written down about cancelling due to lack of runners.

Same problem in THIS thread.
  • edited September 2010
    Its only guaranteed if they make a profit on it....... come on guys Mr Murdock has a new private plane to save up for!
  • edited September 2010

Pleased to wake up this morning to see this thread has had its title amended because it's a serious issue.

When is a guarantee not a guarantee?

"You win some you lose some" is a phrase we all learn very quickly at poker.

Sky's possible response will be to take off some late night gteed tourneys from the schedule if they aren't being filled. Better to do that I think than to welsch on guarantees - doesn't present the site in a very good light and not at all good for Sky's reputation when a multi million pound organisation considers it can cry off for 20 quid.

• edited September 2010
    I dont believe that the tournament was cancelled because the guarantee wasn't covered,I think it was down to the fact that there just weren't enough players in the game to run it. 

Before the guarantees were reduced the Main event ran several times with the guarantee not being covered and I have sat in a £200 guaranteed game recently when there were only 19 runners giving a £5 overlay.

And please don't forget that Sky just ran a whole month of freeroll games with a guaranteed prize pool of over £30,000, some of which was covered by rebuys/addons but the vast majority wasn't.

Steve
  • edited September 2010

In this case three players were said to have registered to take part.

I'm not at all sure how three players doesn't constitute a necessary quorum to begin a game of poker.

I've said often before "Sky get most things right" and the recent (hopefully) successful August festival and moreover the cracking idea coming up for the next Team event certainly demonstrate that the Poker team continue to work extremely hard to improve the status of the site.

If I were one of them I'd be just a little miffed that all my hard work was being undermined slightly by others playing just a little fast and loose with such a strong, reputation based word like guarantee. 

• edited September 2010
    Hi gr8gr

I think that if you ask the question in a better manner, you may be more likely to get an answer, calling it a joke site, I feel will not help.
  • edited September 2010
    I'll give it 9 minutes.
    Posted by Machka
    9 hours and 1 minute later.
  • edited September 2010
    Sky Poker will not be held responsible for any failure to provide its poker service due to unforeseen circumstances or causes, which are beyond our reasonable control. These may include, but are not limited to: fire, flood, earthquakes, war, acts of terrorism, fibre cuts, failure of the telecommunications or information services infrastructure, hacking or spam attacks. Posted by IRISHROVER
    Actually when you think about it - it could have been any one of those.

failure of...Information services infrastructure                looks favourite to me

• edited September 2010

I have spoken to Sky-Bernie, & asked him to clarify what happened here, & why. He's busy sorting out some other matters from the weekend right now, but will have a look asap. 
  • edited September 2010
    Hi,

Please accept my apologises; I have checked the tournament in question and it was set as a minimum of 5 players, which was incorrect and I have now changed it to the standard 2 player minimum as per all the other tournaments except for satellites.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament Cancellation:
    Hi, Please accept my apologises; I have checked the tournament in question and it was set as a minimum of 5 players, which was incorrect and I have now changed it to the standard 2 player minimum as per all the other tournaments except for satellites. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Excellent
  • edited September 2010
    see all you have to do is ask nicely. However does that mean if only 2 people enter this torny which costs £1.15 to enter you are GUARANTEED £5 for second!?? Lol i want to play in this tournament
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament Cancellation:
    see all you have to do is ask nicely. However does that mean if only 2 people enter this torny which costs £1.15 to enter you are GUARANTEED £5 for second!?? Lol i want to play in this tournament
    Posted by Batkin88
    Me too lol

Mind you I expect we would both be disappointed