You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Impossible decision or not?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
This was 1st hand of a £0.60 DYM

What should I do?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jayden02 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1950.00
Ploppy33 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

bartlett10 Call  20.00 50.00 1940.00
TARNO Fold     
reters19 Call  20.00 70.00 2100.00
dolfin Raise  40.00 110.00 1920.00
jayden02 Call  30.00 140.00 1920.00
Ploppy33 Raise  100.00 240.00 1880.00
bartlett10 Call  100.00 340.00 1840.00
reters19 Fold     
dolfin All-in  1920.00 2260.00 0.00
jayden02 All-in  1920.00 4180.00 0.00
Ploppy33 Fold     
bartlett10 Fold     
jayden02 Show
  • J
  • K

dolfin Show
  • A

Flop

Turn

River

dolfin Win Pair of 7s 4180.00  4180.00

Comments

• edited September 2010
    i would of done exactly the same mate no point gambling at this stage with your stack nice fold doesn't matter what the result TOP FOLD mate
  • edited September 2010
    Your initial reraise should be bigger as it prices people in, but after an all in then call you simply have to fold as it is highly likely one of them has AA/KK, and at best you're against one AK but you don't need to race this early.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

Insta Fold.

Doesn't matter if it's for 60p, you''l lose more money calling in this spot than folding over time, that's for sure.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Impossible decision or not?:
    60p snap call
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    You have to play 60p the same as £6, £60 or £600 its either a good fold or bad!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Impossible decision or not? : You have to play 60p the same as £6, £60 or £600 its either a good fold or bad!
    Posted by waynecure
    I agree in principle but you have to remember the standard is pooooooooooooooor so there is a much higher chance you being ahead in a 60p DYM than a £6, £60 or £600!
  • edited September 2010
    i would of folded but note both the players names down somewhere, if an ace had come on flop turn or river ur game is over, let them knock eachother out and wait  for your next hand
  • edited September 2010
    LOL didn't mean "call coz it's only 60p".......He means u play differently at different levels and at the 60p DYM level, calling with QQ here is good, whereas at £110 dyms, its an easy fold.

Reflection of the players rather than the buy in

• edited September 2010
    LOL didn't mean "call coz it's only 60p".......He means u play differently at different levels and at the 60p DYM level, calling with QQ here is good, whereas at £110 dyms, its an easy fold. Reflection of the players rather than the buy in
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i disagree i think there is a way to play poker whether its for 60p or for £6000 you should play the same way and with a re-re raise all in and a call before me you can't call with QQ or you shouldn't IMO
  • edited September 2010

Yeh ur not getting my point.....

The money is irrelevant, the standard/tendencies of the players you are playing against is what is important...

In 60p dyms, people stack off on the first level with alot weaker than QQ.

In £110 dyms, if someone goes in on the first level, 99% of the time, they have KK/AA.

Therefore, making the call at 60p is better than at £110, as you can adapt to your opponents shoving range......

The money is irrelevant. If you are playing the same way no matter what level u are playing at, you will looooooooooooose
  • edited September 2010
    Im with DoHHHHH and Beaneh here. At £3+ i lay it down, as the origional poster does, any level below that i snap call on the basis of thr players will shove with less, as anove shown with A10 and JK/
  • edited September 2010
    Yeh ur not getting my point..... The money is irrelevant, the standard/tendencies of the players you are playing against is what is important... In 60p dyms, people stack off on the first level with alot weaker than QQ. In £110 dyms, if someone goes in on the first level, 99% of the time, they have KK/AA. Therefore, making the call at 60p is better than at £110, as you can adapt to your opponents shoving range...... The money is irrelevant. If you are playing the same way no matter what level u are playing at, you will looooooooooooose
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Yes i do get your point doh but what i am saying is that with a re re raise all in AND a call surely our QQ is not good in MOST spots here no matter what money or what opponents
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Impossible decision or not? : Yes i do get your point doh but what i am saying is that with a re re raise all in AND a call surely our QQ is not good in MOST spots here no matter what money or what opponents
    Posted by Buster69
    Nah DOHHHHHH is right imo
  • edited September 2010
    dohhhh i get your point and i get both your points however this is just a question to dohhh really for my benefit! Would you put one on Ace King on this table and if so would you still call??
  • edited September 2010
    fist pump snap call,

and dont play any less than 3 quid dym as rake is too high any lower
  • edited September 2010
    dohhhh i get your point and i get both your points however this is just a question to dohhh really for my benefit! Would you put one on Ace King on this table and if so would you still call??
    Posted by Batkin88
    I hate double your moneys........

The only time I play them is if I've logged on maybe an hour before a tourny im registered in or something, and wanna try and win my buy in, so £11/22 dyms.... Playing a cash game knowing Im only gonna be there for an hour would tilt me and lose me pennies.....

So when I play these dyms, I pretty much go in without any knowledge of strategy/theory......so me trying to answer ur question wud be pretty useless....

If I know he's got AK do I call? - no....spose not, as I might as well go have a tenner on roulette RED and save on rake....But then again if u have 6 players who are "good", dyms to me are just a flip anyway, as everyone plays the same, so why not flip early and save time?

Moral of the post, DYM's are the devil!!! Can't believe they're so popular.
  • edited September 2010

In a DYM, this is a snap fold regardless of the "quality of players" you're up against.

This is because it is massively -ev to play for your stack on the 1st level - and with the two all-ins before you, it really is a no-brainer fold.

I would be amazed if any of the top DYM players on this site (Nutter5932, Goodylad, Phil12uk etc) would advise you to call in this spot.

AJS is right though in saying only play £3+ DYM's because the entry fees are way too high on the ones below that.
  • edited September 2010
    Im with DoHHHHH and Beaneh here. At £3+ i lay it down, as the origional poster does, any level below that i snap call on the basis of thr players will shove with less, as anove shown with A10 and JK/
    Posted by The_Don90

This is pretty impressive as I didn't post in the thread. But yes you're correct go arrrr eeeen for 60 penceages.