You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Player Briefing

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I really cant wait to play in the game, but i am wondering when day one will finish? is it pre-determined at the end of a certain blind level or is it when we get down to a certain number of players?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Player Briefing:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Player Briefing : eye but to be fair it wasn't an espn event...still think it's rude though...this is afterall a skypoker event... x
    Posted by TRIP5

yes but my point is,sky would of had no problem if dantb10 got some free coverage at a none sky event so it should work both ways?.....
    fwiw i will be packing my sky hoodie for the final table :)
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    I really cant wait to play in the game, but i am wondering when day one will finish? is it pre-determined at the end of a certain blind level or is it when we get down to a certain number of players?
    Posted by mossley

12 levels, 2am ish
  • edited September 2010
    2am!!! Yikes, I should have thought about staying in a hotel near the venue and not at a relatives in Derby! I best get myself a big case of Red Bull to get me through the weekend!!
  • edited September 2010
    Also something else, a bit of an important question ;-) Do DTD have Sky Digital television on the premises??? I ask because I'd like to keep updated with Jeff and the boys so i know how my beloved Grimsby Town are getting on at Tamworth. Plus, the only downside of the weekend, how Hull KR are getting on in the big playoff derby with Hull FC because I will be missing the game :-( C'Mon you Robins!!!
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Also something else, a bit of an important question ;-) Do DTD have Sky Digital television on the premises??? I ask because I'd like to keep updated with Jeff and the boys so i know how my beloved Grimsby Town are getting on at Tamworth. Plus, the only downside of the weekend, how Hull KR are getting on in the big playoff derby with Hull FC because I will be missing the game :-( C'Mon you Robins!!!
    Posted by Colly87
    Yes, more Sky channels than your average Currys store, shown simultaneously

Blundell Park. Now, the tales I could tell........saw the best ever Leicester City goal there one wet Tuesday night....
  • edited September 2010
    Hi

Can friends come into the venue providing they join there and then and show appropriate id?

Regards
  • edited September 2010

Of course they can! :-)

• SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Hi Can friends come into the venue providing they join there and then and show appropriate id? Regards
    Posted by STUPENDOUS

Yes
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Player Briefing : Yes, more Sky channels than your average Currys store, shown simultaneously Blundell Park. Now, the tales I could tell........saw the best ever Leicester City goal there one wet Tuesday night....
    Posted by SPT
    Ohhhhh brilliant! May not miss any of the sports after all then! Oh would that be the Tuesday night when you were a premiership side and holders of the league cup and we knocked you out? ;-). Then again I did see the best goal perhaps ever in my life a few years later when Muzzy Izzet scored this overhead kick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYHJZoqvAmk That was a bit special, Ronaldo and co eat your heart out! Would love to be playing the likes of Leicester these days and not Tamworth, Histon and Hayes and Yeading!!
  • edited September 2010
    On the subject of dress code - in addition to what's in the opening post the DTD site also says "Dusk Till Dawn operates with a smart casual dress code. Members wearing sports trainers or T-Shirts, for example, will not be permitted entry to the Club and its facilities."

Trainers, fair enough I guess, but no T-Shirts? Is it really that strict? My whole wardrobe is T-Shirts lol

• SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Player Briefing : Ohhhhh brilliant! May not miss any of the sports after all then! Oh would that be the Tuesday night when you were a premiership side and holders of the league cup and we knocked you out? ;-). Then again I did see the best goal perhaps ever in my life a few years later when Muzzy Izzet scored this overhead kick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYHJZoqvAmk  That was a bit special, Ronaldo and co eat your heart out! Would love to be playing the likes of Leicester these days and not Tamworth, Histon and Hayes and Yeading!!
    Posted by Colly87

That was the goal!
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    On the subject of dress code - in addition to what's in the opening post the DTD site also says "Dusk Till Dawn operates with a smart casual dress code. Members wearing sports trainers or T-Shirts, for example, will not be permitted entry to the Club and its facilities." Trainers, fair enough I guess, but no T-Shirts? Is it really that strict? My whole wardrobe is T-Shirts lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    As long as its a smart t-shirt I am sure you'll be fine. Put a collared shirt in the car just in case!
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry to be a pain, but say I'm out the tournament before 8pm on Saturday night and want to play in the Saturday night tournament there, will I need to take cash with me to the venue or is their a cash machine their that I can use to draw money out from the Venue?? Cheers in advance for anyones help.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry to be a pain, but say I'm out the tournament before 8pm on Saturday night and want to play in the Saturday night tournament there, will I need to take cash with me to the venue or is their a cash machine their that I can use to draw money out from the Venue?? Cheers in advance for anyones help.
    Posted by Colly87
    Colly

Just looked on their website and they have a ATM located at the cash desk at DTD.  However this only takes debit cards (credit cards restricted due to gaming legislation).  I bet this wont be a free withdrawal ATM though, but it helps.

I would recommend taking the cash anyway as it's not silly money (£36 for the Saturday evening tourney).

See you there - getting a bit nervous now as I'm pretty new to live table play.

Pete
  • edited September 2010
    Cheers for the info Pete. Yeah I'll withdraw a decent amount from a cash machine as I'm heading for the motorway out of Grimsby in the morning :-)

Don't blame you mate, don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight either. The local pub league just doesn't compare to a tournament this big!! Lol.
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    The cash machine has free withdrawals