You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wow isnt jake cody having a good year.............

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
don't forget to credit the site you copied this from

Comments

• edited September 2010

Jake Cody followed up his title in the European Poker Tour’s (EPT) Deauville event in January in a big way. This time, he trumped the pack of the World Poker Tour’s (WPT) first ever stop in London and racked up £273,000. His EPT Main Event victory was worth a colossal €847,000.

WPT commentator Mike Sexton, who flanked Jessie May in the broadcast booth for WPT London after Vince Van Patten did not make the trip, commented in a press release distributed by tournament officials, “Jake Cody is an outstanding young player and, mark my words, when you see this action on television, this final table is something very special. I rate it as among the best poker I have seen in nine years commentating for the WPT. This is going to be a real treat when it airs; I can hardly wait.”

Cody’s rail featured Devilfish Poker front man David “Devilfish” Ulliott. On his second major live tournament title, Cody told PartyPoker staff, “This is crazy – I am so happy to win my first WPT title. It’s been an amazing year for me so far and to win a major tournament on U.K. soil is very special. I was totally aware there was huge pressure on Kristoffer because of the extra $1 million bonus. I thought he did well and actually believe he was the best player at the table.”

thanks to shanxta and pokernews daily for the above...................;)

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

Is this the first time a WPT London has happened???

I cant remember having seen it on TV before, looking forward to watching it ! 

How do these guys go from playing 50NL (I assume he did at 1 point)  to winning 250,000 so quickly????????
  • edited September 2010
    yeah first wpt in london.

i think jakes part of that team bocce that travels around together.

a load of young rich rich kids!!!

makes you sick doesnt it :)

he must of made over £1 million in two events!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    lol any sort of poker crew/massive/mob/squad makes me abit sick yeh......

Soooo stoooooopid for an individual game.

How about a gang? is there any of those? wanna be in my gang plopper??? Ull have to let me off with that £2.06 I owe u tho or ur not coming in.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: wow isnt jake cody having a good year.............:
    lol any sort of poker crew/massive/mob/squad makes me abit sick yeh...... Soooo stoooooopid for an individual game. How about a gang? is there any of those? wanna be in my gang plopper??? Ull have to let me off with that £2.06 I owe u tho or ur not coming in.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Never mind Team Bocce , you already have the most successful posse on Sky Poker

Team Dohhhhhhh inaugral Sky Poker team championships!
  • edited September 2010
    yeah i will be in your gang!!

what would we call ourselves?? the plonkers?

ideas anyone???...................