You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 200nl HU hands.

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
opinions on flop and turn play? Villain is pretty aggro but not maniacal. cbet is bigger than usual. The other time he bet 10 on flop i think he had 2 pair, cant remember now, just remember thinking he isnt bluffing. i check raise these flops quite often but hes never 3bet before.

Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: villain ( $468.70 USD )
Seat 2: Hero ( $451.00 USD )
villain posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
Hero posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [  8d Jd ]
villain raises [$5.00 USD]
Hero calls [$4.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, 4d, 9d ]
Hero checks
villain bets [$10.00 USD]
Hero raises [$34.00 USD]
villain raises [$80.00 USD]
Hero calls [$56.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
Hero checks
villain bets [$130.00 USD]
Hero?

2nd hand:

Seat 2 is the button
Seat 1: Villain ( $202.00 USD )
Seat 2: Hero ( $251.50 USD )
Hero posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
Villain posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [  Js Kd ]
Hero raises [$5.00 USD]
Villain calls [$4.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, Qd, 8s ]
Villain checks
Hero bets [$8.00 USD]
Villain raises [$24.00 USD]
Hero calls [$16.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
Villain bets [$38.00 USD]
Hero calls [$38.00 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 5s ]
Villain checks
Hero?

can i bluff here? i would definitely play flushes like this but is he just likely to check call? Or is this a 'were both on a draw' type situation.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    The first hand is a toughy as you have quite a big draw, and on a bored that doesn't resemble much for your opponent, maybe flopped a set? i reckon it's too much to gamble off, personally. I also would of flat called the flop and trap if hit.

Second i think you can make a bluff here, your not winning i think that's for certain so if you do want to take the pot i reckon a 3/4 pot bet, it should show strength as its shows your commited if there's a re-raise, although that said it seems like he/she could be hoping youve made a straight...

Sorry it's not to conclusive i don't usually try to analyse just in case i look like a t** haha.
  • edited September 2010
    i think i jam turn in hand1 he still has 18 combos of sets + overpairs with a diamond and bare Adx type of hands and a couple of smaller flushes.

have you seen him c/r toppair type hands? eg KQ QJ in hand2? if not id prob 3bet jam flop though this could well be spew.  as played most of out flopped flush draws either have an overcard & draw or are combo draws with gutshots & draws so wouldnt you 3bet flop with them? im not too sure if you can rep a flush here tbh
  • edited September 2010
    Hand 1: Shove flop. As played, i might be able to find a fold on the turn, esp since we have the 8d, but in-game, i doubt it

Hand 2: Overbet shove river imo
  • edited September 2010
    errrrr reads/more info this is hu and you seem to have two hh's one from shallow and one deep so stuff must have happened.

first one you are c/r to ask the question, he's re asked a question with his re-raise , how are you going to respond? i'd suggest 4 bet fold the flop to ask him the ultimate question

hand 2 relies upon how polarised his c/r range is on the flop, does he do it with draws, is he good enough this shallow to make it with tp and stack off correctly etc
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 2 200nl HU hands.:
    first one you are c/r to ask the question, he's re asked a question with his re-raise , how are you going to respond? i'd suggest 4 bet fold the flop to ask him the ultimate question
    Posted by beaneh
    A+
  • edited September 2010
    pls it's A* at the least
  • edited September 2010
    hand 2 is like 10 hands into the match, there are no real reads of any use so just consider it more of a general spot. Imo the averaghe reg doesnt 3bet tp on these types of flop and in general would 3bet AQ, KQ preflop anyway. There are very few FD's i would 3bet the flop with in hand 2 but i doubt he would think that.

hand 1 i shoved turn but i dont know whether i like it or not.
  • edited September 2010
    i'd honestly be tempted to c/c the flush hand and c/evaluate the river, shoving the turn cant be that bad it's hu!

prob check back and make a note with the 2nd hand.
  • edited September 2010
    hand #1 i don't really know what else you can do but shove, he's stacking off w/ all value combos on that turn and if you say he isn't bluffing then i see no reason in flatting and letting cards come which mean you won't stack 2p/sets.

hand #2 he looks weak for not betting himself so duno if i could help myself but bluff even though we really can't rep much. either way it's really interesting to know his hand here cause it screams weakshowdown
  • edited September 2010
    Hand 1 - I definately like the shove on the turn. I like the way you played the flop tbh, and given that you've done that, I think you must shove the turn when the perfect brick comes. Of course you could 4 bet the flop but (beaneh) would you really 4 bet fold here? I can't but then again you guys are way way above my level. Isn't he paying you off with any set here and AAd? Also, if you really are into the realm of flopped flush vs flopped flush there are still 2/8 that you beat (23, 56 vs AK, AQ, KQ, A10, K10, Q10 assuming he's not playing 10-6 etc and like you say he's prob 3 betting AK, AQ, KQ pre). Surely it's right to shove this turn everything considered?

Hand 2 - I like checking back and making a note. To be honest, it seems obvious that your on a draw and I think the villain is inducing a bluff?
  • edited September 2010
    no I was joking.
  • edited September 2010
    hand 1 he had T6dd(kerching!) and hand 2 i shoved river and he called with QT, doh! Some more hands...

Villain is a v. solid winning reg from what i can tell or a massive bumhunter. ive been 3betting 20% and it usually goes he calls flop, then either folds turn or folds river to barrelling. Think thats been the case 4 or 5 times. Some hands hes called flop and folded turn on blank cards making me think hes floating a bit to see if i give up or he has really weak hands. havent shown down a hand yet i dont think. If i check and he shoves do i call or fold? If i shove will worse call?

seat 2 is the button
    Seat 1: Hero ( $341.50 USD )
    Seat 2: Villain ( $204.00 USD )
    Villain posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Hero [  Qd Kc ]
    Villain raises [$5.00 USD]
    Hero raises [$16.00 USD]
    Villain calls [$12.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, Qh, Kd ]
    Hero bets [$18.00 USD]
    Villain calls [$18.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
    Hero bets [$48.00 USD]
    Villain calls [$48.00 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9h ]
    Hero?

Hand 2:

He usually always just calls the flop in 3bet pots but has been having little success. Seems like whenever people  raise these types of flops their always fos. I guess he can have flush draws aswell. Anyone like a shove or just call turn, call river?

Seat 1: Hero ( $309.00 USD )
    Seat 2: Villain ( $233.00 USD )
    Villain posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Hero [  Kd Jh ]
    Villain raises [$5.00 USD]
    Hero raises [$16.00 USD]
    Villain calls [$12.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 2h, Ac ]
    Hero bets [$18.00 USD]
    Villain raises [$44.00 USD]
    Hero calls [$26.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
    Hero checks
    Villain bets [$82.00 USD]
    Hero?
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In hand 1 do you think he's value betting worse a lot if you check? I like shoving better than c/c though, there are plenty of worse hands he can call with especially as you've been barrelling quite a bit. And some of those hands wont bet if you check.

Hand 2 I would probably just fold the turn, but shoving is better if you want to continue imo as I dont think hes got enough behind to think he can bluff you off the river.
  • edited September 2010
    Hand 1 i'd shove, from your explanation i personally think he could have 2 pair or a set here. Or a call maybe as i think the shove may scare him of but think you would be ahead more often then not against this player

Hand2 i'd check, not put any more money in as your only beating a bluff could easily have top pair and be trapping with the check, so c/c(both checks turn and river) or c/f my line

EDIT- Sorry didnt realise you put result although i was pretty spot on lol
  • edited September 2010
    in the 2nd lot of hands you post.

hand1 is super super frustrating, i think hes going to show JT,QJ,KJ alot. it really sucks tbh. c/f imo

unsure as to whether going for a turn c/r would be a good plan, prob not as hes just going to check back most of his Jx hands.

hand 2 is really weird because he shouldnt be bluffing this turn card because he literally has 0FE vs made hands (as we know form you wanting to get funky w/ K high) and he really should know this if hes a good nl200 reg.

do you know if hes 4betting or flatting AQ pre?
    his turn sizing is weird  hes betting half his remaining stack almost, kinda makes me think he is pricing himself in with a draw tbh
  • edited September 2010
    i would say hes prob 4betting AQ. It just looks like hes dying for me to fold with the turn bet sizing, could be being fooled though.