You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Floating if ur good, fishing if ur bad;) 30NL

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Vllain is way too good to be playing nl30, he has moves, he can check raise with draws bluffs, good hands and the nuts, he knows I fire at most flops, and raise late position with a wide range of hands.

So when he check raises me on this board I feel I can call and use my position to take the hand off him on the turn if he slows down, and I still could have 6 outs to make the best hand.

2 things happen on the turn, 1 I like.....I make top pair.....2 - My opponent doesn't slow down, he could still be holding hands like TJ, 9T......as well as flush draws.

I think I played the whole hand badly, theres just no need to do this, but as the villain is a good reg at much higher levels than this, I fancied taking him on and trying to outplay him, rather than waiting for the nuts playing abc stuff against regular donks.

So what's ur play on the turn?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxSmall blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.55
weaktight Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

Pirate62 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £28.65
xxxCall  £1.05 £2.70 £29.50
weaktight Fold     
Flop

xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.03 £4.73 £26.62
xxxRaise  £6.30 £11.03 £23.20
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.27 £15.30 £22.35
Turn

• J

xxx Bet  £9.60 £24.90 £13.60
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited September 2010
    OK JJ u called the reraised flop with KJ, U hit J on the turn which is top pair on the board yet your not happy with it why did you call the flop?
  • edited September 2010

Ive explained why I called the flop in the writing above the hand Wayne.

Just looking for opinions on my play/thought process so far, and also, how wud u react on the turn?
  • edited September 2010
    i fold he could have played a flush draw / st8 draw like this or both.
    but most of the time it looks like a floped set qq kk aa he wont have 98 or any two pair hand as u wont call pre flop wif hand like 98 j9 and 83 lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Floating if ur good, fishing if ur bad;) 30NL:
    Ive explained why I called the flop in the writing above the hand Wayne. Just looking for opinions on my play/thought process so far, and also, how wud u react on the turn?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry JJ u did explain..... myself I would put in a reraise, I know some will diagree but thats my style, and if he came back over the top cry and fold, if he flat called see what the next street brings.
  • edited September 2010

I can rule out pocket pairs JJ +.......as he 3 bets me pre flop 95% of the time, especially as he's out of position. I guess he could get tricky knowing Im gonna fire at least once post flop, but I doubt it as I wouldn't fold to 3 bets in this position very often......

And his 3 betting range is also quite wide, so theres no need really to flat with JJ+ to trap,

This is never a total bluff.....he has a made hand or a draw, and his bet on the turn tells me he's never going away, so I just have to decide if my hand is good.

33/88/99 89 9Js TQs (must be hearts, don't think he ever c/r gutshots) - are hands that have me.....

9T/TJ/A9s/67 and any xh,xh hand........are hands he could have that I'm ahead of.......

Mehhhhhhhhh just fold flop DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• edited September 2010
    I can rule out pocket pairs JJ +.......as he 3 bets me pre flop 95% of the time, especially as he's out of position. I guess he could get tricky knowing Im gonna fire at least once post flop, but I doubt it as I wouldn't fold to 3 bets in this position very often...... And his 3 betting range is also quite wide, so theres no need really to flat with JJ+ to trap, This is never a total bluff.....he has a made hand or a draw, and his bet on the turn tells me he's never going away, so I just have to decide if my hand is good. 33/88/99 89 9Js TQs (must be hearts, don't think he ever c/r gutshots) - are hands that have me..... 9T/TJ/A9s/67 and any xh,xh hand........are hands he could have that I'm ahead of....... Mehhhhhhhhh just fold flop DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If as you say he 3bets pre OP with over pairs or big As you have to think med small pair would make sense of his flat call, so a set would be very likely. FOLD!!!
  • edited September 2010
    he has pot commited himself with the turn bet, like u said you have to decide wether ur hand is good or not.
    Im guessing not!!
    However next time ur in this posistion against this player try re raising his raise on the flop then u will know exactly where you are, he will shove with trips from there and fold all draws and is likely to fold top pair aswell.
  • edited September 2010
    Fold to flop bet, turn is probably how u get stacked, could have 99, 88, 33 here, also could have straight on turn 89 etc i think your losing to many times in this spot, equally could be a bluff but on the flop you have nothing other then a gutshot and overs risky play
  • edited September 2010
    "33/88/99 89 9Js TQs (must be hearts, don't think he ever c/r gutshots) - are hands that have me.....

9T/TJ/A9s/67 and any xh,xh hand........are hands he could have that I'm ahead of......."

He cant have all those hands at once just click the right button against the 2 cards he holds this time, easy.
  • edited September 2010
    surely u can post results now jj? im intrigued
  • edited September 2010
    i fold he could have played a flush draw / st8 draw like this or both. but most of the time it looks like a floped set qq kk aa he wont have 98 or any two pair hand as u wont call pre flop wif hand like 98 j9 and 83 lol
    Posted by rob12345
    Yesssssssssss he will ! lol

Another one I got wrong, STACKED !!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Floating if ur good, fishing if ur bad;) 30NL : Yesssssssssss he will ! lol Another one he got wrong, STACKED !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    when i posted u did not say he re raised wif AA KK QQ JJ
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry that "he" was supposed to say "I" - Ive changed it now.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo