You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Orford on Ch 4?????

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
I am just watching "Full Tilt" Late night poker on Ch4 and was suprised to hear the commentary coming from a certain Richard  Orford. 

Your not thinking of leaving Sky are you Rich to your old friends at Ch4 with Full Tilt or is this  just a bit of extra pocket money?

Comments

• edited September 2010

In Response to Orford on Ch 4?????:
    I am just watching "Full Tilt" Late night poker on Ch4 and was suprised to hear the commentary coming from a certain Richard  Orford.  Your not thinking of leaving Sky are you Rich to your old friends at Ch4 with Full Tilt or is this  just a bit of extra pocket money?
    Posted by MP33

It that Rich? I thought I recognised his voice : ) xx

• edited September 2010
    he needs the money for his bankroll
  • edited September 2010
    rich gets about a bit............

im sure its his voice in between the programs on living tv too ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Orford on Ch 4?????:
    rich gets about a bit............ im sure its his voice in between the programs on living tv too ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Yes, it is :)
  • edited September 2010
    I am just watching "Full Tilt" Late night poker on Ch4 and was suprised to hear the commentary coming from a certain Richard  Orford.  Your not thinking of leaving Sky are you Rich to your old friends at Ch4 with Full Tilt or is this  just a bit of extra pocket money?
    Posted by MP33
    Hi

You should read this post :)
  • edited September 2010
    Cheers Barry - Did see the title thread but didn,t bother reading it.

Tikay was right - he does get some good gigs.

How does Channing compare to Tikay or Mr Giddins then Rich?   You must be getting some gr8 tips and advice, and you get paid for it.  (not to mention "getting a car sent to pick you up)  I never thought I,d say it, but I,m jealous, even with the baldpatch :)
  • edited September 2010
    aren't they freelancers?
  • edited September 2010
    whos orford?????
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by MP33
    Just to clarify this.

Rich is a Freelance Broadcaster, & as such, gigs like this are how he makes his living.

He had the good sense to ask the Sky Poker Suits if they minded him doing the LNP Shows, & they were fully supportive, as his name is synonomous with Sky Poker these days, so it's a back-handed compliment to Sky Poker & Channel 865 that they wanted him. It also reinforces the fact that he is extremely good at his job, despite being perfectly poo at poker.

With the exception of myself, all the Presenters & Analysts at Sky Poker are free to take jobs like that one, but it does not imply any problems here - Rich will, we all hope, remain with Sky Poker for ever.  
  • edited September 2010
    tikay why cant you do other shows???

are you exclusive to sky poker?

you would be great on late night poker or poker million etc.........
  • edited September 2010
    Good question that ploppers...over to Tikay...
  • edited September 2010
    tikay why cant you do other shows??? are you exclusive to sky poker? you would be great on late night poker or poker million etc.........
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Answering your three questions in the order you asked.....

1) Because I signed an Exclusivity Agreement. You would not be aware, as I'm a shade embarrassed to admit it, but I have the role & title (amongst many others far less flattering, including "Jammy Codger"....) of "Sky Poker Ambassador" (ooooh!), & as such, it would be inappropriate for me to promote other brands. I have a Contractual Exclusion for my "other" Site, & my APAT work, but it's quite a struggle to juggle the various hats at times without upsetting anyone. I used to Host events for other Sites, but that's no longer appropriate. 

2) Within the bounds of the above answer, yes.

3) Lol, I wish! I'm afraid I'm not good enough to do work on those Shows, to be quite honest. It's important to know one's limitations. It's always been a private ambition of mine to do commentary on Matchroom stuff, for example, & I know the Hearn family extremely well, & get on with them just fine. Whenever I mention it, though, they smile at me, pat me on the head, & tell me to run along.....
  • edited September 2010
    of course you are good enough!!

you are a legend..............................

you and jesse may would be a great combo!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Orford on Ch 4????? : .... I have the role & title (amongst many others far less flattering, including "Jammy Codger"....) of " Sky Poker Ambassador " (ooooh!)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Pff, not once have you offered out a tray of Ferrero Rocher ;-) lol Come on, spoil us!

• edited September 2010

I'm afraid I'm not good enough to do work on those Shows"

I can,t beleive that Tikay, and yes i,m sure Rich is good at his job.

But commentating on 6 players for x  amount of hours isn,t rocket science surely? 

As long as you do a bit of research on each player beforehand and sound enthusiastic about it and obviously know the rules of the game it can,t be that hard can it?

• edited September 2010
    "  I 'm afraid I'm not good enough to do work on those Shows" I can,t beleive that Tikay, and yes i,m sure Rich is good at his job. But commentating on 6 players for x  amount of hours isn,t rocket science surely?  As long as you do a bit of research on each player beforehand and sound enthusiastic about it and obviously know the rules of the game it can,t be that hard can it?
    Posted by MP33
    Tikay could do the analyst slot on a show like that standing on his head. What's more, he'd quickly become an icon.

Shame no-one's thought about using him yet.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Orford on Ch 4????? : Tikay could do the analyst slot on a show like that standing on his head. What's more, he'd quickly become an icon. Shame no-one's thought about using him yet.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    +1

cant you get him in rich??

you know like the old boys club......

you two would be great on that show........

would be like top of the pots take two.........
  • edited September 2010
    have missed something, other day they were narkin each other now it all lovey dovey, i thought valentines day was febuary 14th?? lol