You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update

Comments

• edited September 2010
     I thoroughly enjoyed my first major live tournament and was chuffed to finish just above half way when I was clearly up against some very good players  Thank you sky for an excellent event and first class organisation.

The only small observation I would make is I would like to have seen a little more attention given to newbies aswell as the usual clique who undoubtedly deserve it.

Well done again and many congrats to anyone who cashes and indeed to anyone who qualified
  • edited September 2010
    YEAH ALL THE BEST EYEMAN GL TO YOU SIR.
  • edited September 2010
    Good Luck Eyeman, vwp! xx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update:
    YEAH ALL THE BEST EYEMAN GL TO YOU SIR.
    Posted by DELTA
    Oi Gypsie, how did you exit? Also, was the bar up to standard for you?
  • edited September 2010

Evening all from DTD!!!

VERY VERY VERY surprised that i made day 2 like i did but to be fair i had an absolute mountain to climb to reach another SPT Final Table but it was not to be and ill admit i am gutted i didnt cash because i felt if i got 2 double ups in quick succession and i would have been in the mix to have possibly ft'ed again but the bad run of not cashing continues which obviously does not best please me one little bit but got to learn to live with it i suppose!.

Soooooooooooo many people to thank for making it a very enjoyable weekend and also those who wished me well on both Facebook and Twitter and im not going to name any of them incase i miss someone out as that would not be nice of me to do but you know who you are when you read this and you rock!!!. :)

Also yet again many thanks to the whole of the Sky Poker crew for organising yet another superb event and also Simon Trumper and all the Dusk Till Dawn staff for staging the event with a lot of pizazz and class i can tell you!!!.

Toying with the idea of playing the 8pm tourney here or if im not up to it then it will be a case of heading back into the City Centre for quite a few beers before heading home back oop North tomorrow!!

Tatty bye for now!!

OnlyOneLuckboxCT

• SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Richard Ellis is out 18th

QJcc vs 33 of Umar Khan

all in on a flop of 3c5c10d

5 on the turn gives Khan a full house
  • edited September 2010
    Buffet break, back in half an hour...... Chicken Tikka, Rice, Nan Bread Planning on four portions....
    Posted by SPT
    And i would still want more because the Chicken Tikka was gorgeous and looking over my shoulder the current state of play is that there IS NO CHANCE of getting anymore portions END OF lol!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : Oi Gypsie, how did you exit? Also, was the bar up to standard for you?
    Posted by dylan12
    HI MATE I LASTED AB 9+HRS.AND YH BAR WAS OK I HAD MY LACKIES FETCHING MY LASH WEN THEY WENT OUT LOL
  • edited September 2010
    good luck eyeman,i hope one of the actual sky players takes it down....
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    and out in 17th Malcolm Muskett

Malcolm all in for 65,000 blind!, called by AK of Bromley04. First card out Ace. Malcolm had J2

details of hands when I casn, lots of people watching and its tricky to get to see the action!
  • edited September 2010
    thoroughly enjoyed my first live tournament finishing 79th cant wait untill the next one! T.K should be a stand up comedian, he entertained all day! well done to all the sky poker team,  excellent organisation. my only gripe would be the 17 alternative players, I personally felt it should have been limited to 250,were all 17 sky poker members? or DTD members? are any of the alternatives left in? G.L to everyone who is still playing!
  • edited September 2010
    and out in 17th Malcolm Muskett Malcolm all in for 65,000 blind!, called by AK of Bromley04. First card out Ace. Malcolm had J2 details of hands when I casn, lots of people watching and its tricky to get to see the action!
    Posted by SPT
    Mrs 'Bromley04' is sat VERY nervously reading this at home!!!!
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Coxy is OUT

JJ beaten by AK..all in pre-flop

AK four flushes on the river, held by Manc99, Bob Griffiths
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Nasty one for Will Norsden

blind on blind versus Rob Shiels

he has 7c8c against 3-5 offsuit

flop 3-4-8

Will bets, Rob raises, Will shoves, Rob calls. This is a 350,000 pot!

Rob has mis-read his hand, thinks he has 3-4

turn 5 to knock Norsden out
  • edited September 2010
    A picture can tell a story of a thousand words...

For those who need the gory details, CoxyLBoro is out. Having lost a few chips in the last level or two, he found pocket Jacks and got a caller from Manc99 with As-Kd.

The board ran out with five small, baby cards. No ace, no king. Sadly for Christopher, four of those were diamonds, the last of which arrived on a gruesome river.

A great run by CoxyLBoro to make 16th.
  • edited September 2010
     come on graham one double up and you'll be sitting pretty

well done getting this deep!
  • edited September 2010
    Nasty one for Will Norsden blind on blind versus Rob Shiels he has 7c8c against 3-5 offsuit flop 3-4-8 Will bets, Rob raises, Will shoves, Rob calls. This is a 350,000 pot! Rob has mis-read his hand, thinks he has 3-4 turn 5 to knock Norsden out
    Posted by SPT
     That draw was vul Will.  It could have gone either way.

but a fantastic effort!

Many congrats` on your cash xx
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Eyeman is out, shoved Q-7 in late position but found John Clark in the blinds with 10-10

13 left
  • edited September 2010
    Go manc bob gl m8
  • edited September 2010
    A picture can tell a story of a thousand words... For those who need the gory details, CoxyLBoro is out. Having lost a few chips in the last level or two, he found pocket Jacks and got a caller from Manc99 with As-Kd. The board ran out with five small, baby cards. No ace, no king. Sadly for Christopher, four of those were diamonds, the last of which arrived on a gruesome river. A great run by CoxyLBoro to make 16th.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Ouchie Chris (Coxy!) Ouch ouch ouch!

Very well played to you sir and wd on cashing xx
  • edited September 2010
    P S fantastic day yesterday , great company and great credit to all of the team !
    lovely to put faces to the names . gl to all those stil scrapping it out !
  • edited September 2010
    Eyeman is out, shoved Q-7 in late position but found John Clark in the blinds with 10-10 13 left
    Posted by SPT
    Ul Graham. Brilliant effort and VWP! Nice cash for you too! xx
  • edited September 2010

Stuck 'em in from the button, and found 10 10 in the small blind. I needed a double up, and any Q or (as usual) 10 on the river saves me, but no dice. Thanks for the support. BigSHann is still in for the Sky Poker regulars.

• edited September 2010

great event... well organised.. thank you skypoker people

two requests for next time please.... no alternates (even worse than rebuys, maxally?) and keep to skypoker players only (it should remain our grand final)

looking forward to the next spt in edinburgh

• SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Alex Spencer is in push mode with 22,000

He finds K9ss, and its an automatic call for Rob Shiels in the big blind with, er 3-2

board runs out K-5-2-A-3

unlucky, Alex out 13th
  • edited September 2010
    really enjoyed yesterday good luck to the remaing thanks for all the updates
  • edited September 2010

With the blinds at 5/10k, Alex Spencer moved his last 29k over the line with K-9o and was granted an almost obligatory call from the big blind, who picked up the nut low with 3-2o. The first card out was a king, but with the third being a 2 and the fifth a 3, Mr Spencer's flopped top pair had been chased down by a monster.

We're down to 12 players now with Alex collecting £710 for his 13th place finish.
  • edited September 2010
    Stuck 'em in from the button, and found 10 10 in the small blind. I needed a double up, and any Q or (as usual) 10 on the river saves me, but no dice. Thanks for the support. BigSHann is still in for the Sky Poker regulars.
    Posted by Eyeman

very well played eyeman.......good luck big shann it would be great to see you win it!
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    Jason Bright doubles through Adam Bromley

Adam 99

Jason A9

flop A A x!
  • edited September 2010
    thanx sky for a brill final come on the sky poker crew you can do it can i have a rundown of last 12 please as just got home  thank you xxx