You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct to call turn?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
OK this is a £5 BH MTT and i got a little crisised on my call on the turn. Looking back i felt safe at the time, but looking over there was only one safe river card for me, should i be raising.

Also should i value bet river?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  75.00 75.00 6892.50
 Big blind  150.00 225.00 850.00
  Your hole cards

Raise  450.00 675.00 5000.00
 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  450.00 1125.00 6300.00
 Call  375.00 1500.00 6517.50
 Fold     
Flop

Check     
 Check     
The_Don90 Check     
Turn

Check     
 Bet  600.00 2100.00 4400.00
The_Don90 Call  600.00 2700.00 5700.00
 Fold     
River

Check     
The_Don90 Check     
 Show
  • K
  • A

The_Don90 Show

The_Don90 Win Two Pairs, 6s and 3s 2700.00  8400.00

Comments

• edited September 2010
    played fine, no value to a bet on the river.
  • edited September 2010
    What did you put him on, any reads?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: correct to call turn?:
    What did you put him on, any reads?
    Posted by waynecure
    two overs one likley an ace, maybe a diamond to match.
  • edited September 2010

i dont understand how anyone can see anything wrong with this play? i thought it was spot on.

• edited September 2010
    Looks ok to me too.

Anyone what to listen to music whilst playing? I have 500 free tracks out there in cyber space on unsignedbandweb and techno-junkies dot com. My 16 artists (I produce) are all under Nias-LA2 on the artist search at UBW or number 11 in all time artists on T-J. Comments welcomed enjoy lol
  • edited September 2010
    Don't see a problem with your play Don, fairly standard imo.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: correct to call turn? : two overs one likley an ace, maybe a diamond to match.
    Posted by The_Don90
    You can only play to your reads Don which were correct so IMO WP
  • edited September 2010
    I cant see why you would call pre?? also call on turn is bad tbf unless you had specific reads, you have played like you was set mining the whole way without hitting but got lucky as other person had nothing probably overs(lol didnt see its on original post), never value betting in that spot but dont like the play all the way
  • edited September 2010
    I cant see why you would call pre?? also call on turn is bad tbf unless you had specific reads, you have played like you was set mining the whole way without hitting but got lucky as other person had nothing probably overs(lol didnt see its on original post), never value betting in that spot but dont like the play all the way
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    why would he not call pre?
  • edited September 2010
    I think you can either fold or call here, but no-one has given us the odds to call the initial raiser even though we have position on him, if someone had called before other then opening raiser then your getting better odds to hit your set. i probably would have called tbf now that i have re-read it only 3 xbb but could also fold depending on the table, Not great call on turn as only really beat a bluff or high cards which in this case was well read but usually would not be a good call here. I think the way play really does show Don could have small pp and looks by action alone he could be set mining or have a high diamond here, if the other person 3/4 pot bet river Don would have folded so just means wasting chips. this time though it worked so fair play