You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct to fire c-bet?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MARCOCI Small blind  10.00 10.00 2240.00
dinkydino Big blind  20.00 30.00 2102.50
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

The_Don90 Raise  100.00 130.00 1810.00
trebbleb Fold     
MattyMoo Fold     
tenpin0102 Call  100.00 230.00 1700.00
MARCOCI Call  90.00 320.00 2150.00
dinkydino Fold     
Flop

• A
  • A

MARCOCI Check     
The_Don90 Bet  240.00 560.00 1570.00
tenpin0102 Fold     
MARCOCI Fold     
The_Don90 Muck     
The_Don90 Win  320.00  1890.00
The_Don90 Return  240.00 0.00 2130.00
£5.75 BH MTT earlyish stages

Comments

• edited September 2010
    yes. pls stop being so results orientated
  • edited September 2010

That flop is bone dry, I'm defo checking there hopefully they catch some pair on the turn and start betting into you.

• edited September 2010
    dunno 50/50 here mate, probably would c bet most the time but problem is you have hit big and unlikely anyone else has so probably worth just checking and hoping someone bets to the river then nice size bet on end

not bad c betting, as people can suspect your bluffing but with such a good flop unlikely your opponent has hit so you want them to catch up or attempt to bluff
  • edited September 2010
    depends really.

ive played you alot and know you c bet most of the time so id smell a rat here if you checked!!!
  • edited September 2010
    just min bet it, you beating every hand apart from pocket 7's, A 7 and A K. Keep min betting until the end and take a small pot.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct to fire c-bet?:
    depends really. ive played you alot and know you c bet most of the time so id smell a rat here if you checked!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Exactly why i posted this hand, nothing results orinentated.

If im c-betting nearly everytime and flop big like this, is c-betting correct, because it looks weaker.
  • edited September 2010
    it looks weaker most of the time but when the flop is so strong like that its very hard for another player to think its a weakness.
  • edited September 2010
    yeah id keep on betting there matey.............

sometimes they fold other times they end up getting it all in with nothing!!

see my area 51 thread :))
  • edited September 2010
    I would bet out.... your opponent would expect you to check with an A
  • edited September 2010

In cash I wud bet out 90% of the time, opponent dependant....

This is an mtt tho, u don't get many of these spots when ur deep, and I'd want to get paid, to give myself 300+ "mess about chips"........

Don't mind checking, or betting small, whatever Trevor....If he has an ace u get all his money anyway, u got 3 streets to get it in.

Maybe even min bet then check the turn if you're out of position.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct to fire c-bet?:
    In cash I wud bet out 90% of the time, opponent dependant.... This is an mtt tho, u don't get many of these spots when ur deep, and I'd want to get paid, to give myself 300+ "mess about chips"........ Don't mind checking, or betting small, whatever Trevor....If he has an ace u get all his money anyway, u got 3 streets to get it in. Maybe even min bet then check the turn if you're out of position.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this is my point explained alot better
  • edited September 2010
    dohh, you mean we have 2 streets toi get it in if we check the flop, the pot is 320 and if we pot the turn and river then we will bet 320 & 960 = 1280 total and we have a stack of 1810
  • edited September 2010

Yeh if he has an ace, there will be multiple bets on each street, and if this doesn't happen, overbets work on the river. 

Its one of those tournys where people stack off with 17th pair, so don't worry about losing out on value here if he has an ace - you'll get the lot.