You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rich Orford Ducking Tourneys.

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Was a bit disappointed when i didnt see him in the "rich pickings" tourney last night, im sure Tikay doesnt duck his tourneys?

Or Do they not actually play, is it just their rules?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    tikay doesnt play all take on tikays, it all depends on their schedule and if they cant play they try to get someone to play instead ie. another presenter, james hartigan loves being tikays deputy for some reason :P
  • edited September 2010
    so yeah basically its their favourate structure although i reckon tikay would have longer blinds if he could
  • edited September 2010
    I've been waiting on the NLHE £10/£20 table Ennis for the last hour and Jessica Ennis hasn't shown up once. What a swizz.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Rich Orford Ducking Tourneys.:
    Was a bit disappointed when i didnt see him in the "rich pickings" tourney last night, im sure Tikay doesnt duck his tourneys? Or Do they not actually play, is it just their rules?
    Posted by Tyf0s
    Hi Tyf0s,

We do try to play in as many our our "badged" Tourneys as we can, but it's not always possible to play every one, I'm afraid.

The "Orfordable" was just named after Rich, really, though he does play it when time permits.

The TOTTY's, & tikay Sleepie both have structures designed by me, & I'm very proud of them.
    My problem is that they take place on 4 different nights of the week, so it's just not possible to always play every one. All the PTP-ers get paid to play on site one night per week, which is a great gig, but we all try to spend a lot more time on the site in our "own time" as & when we can.

I also like to keep my eye in at Live Poker, which I particularly enjoy, (& I'm MUCH better at than Online!) so I try to take one night off every week when I can, as Live Poker is a sort of second income for me, some might say "pension".......

I think your point was valid, & a good question, & I hope you now better understand the position. The PTP-ers as a Team are incredibly passionate about their Sky Poker work, & I know you all understand that.