You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

two calls, how bad?

These were both in the forum deepstack, 10 seated DS, about 1 and a half hours in i think.

Ok first one and please dont feel you need to spare my feelings on these.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
budgirl Small blind  150.00 150.00 22545.00
FlashFlush Big blind  300.00 450.00 19897.50
  Your hole cards
  • A

mickybofb Call  300.00 750.00 16740.00
mike1975 Raise  1200.00 1950.00 6455.00
tikay1 All-in  4615.00 6565.00 0.00
Virgonian Fold     
MRDICKIE Fold     
DELTA Fold     
barstool22 Fold     
budgirl Fold     
FlashFlush Fold     
mickybofb Fold     
mike1975 Call  3415.00 9980.00 3040.00
Flop

Turn

River

• A

mike1975 Show
  • A

tikay1 Show
  • K
  • K

mike1975 Win Pair of Aces 9980.00  13020.00

And the second, my exit hand
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mickybofb Small blind  200.00 200.00 16140.00
mike1975 Big blind  400.00 600.00 15920.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Virgonian Fold     
MRDICKIE Fold     
DELTA Fold     
barstool22 Call  400.00 1000.00 16750.00
budgirl Fold     
FlashFlush Raise  2000.00 3000.00 17597.50
mickybofb Fold     
mike1975 Raise  3600.00 6600.00 12320.00
barstool22 Call  3600.00 10200.00 13150.00
FlashFlush Call  2000.00 12200.00 15597.50
Flop

• J
  • Q

mike1975 Check     
barstool22 Bet  2000.00 14200.00 11150.00
FlashFlush Fold     
mike1975 Raise  4000.00 18200.00 8320.00
barstool22 All-in  11150.00 29350.00 0.00
mike1975 All-in  8320.00 37670.00 0.00
Turn

River

• J

mike1975 Show
  • K
  • K

barstool22 Show
  • K
  • A

barstool22 Win Straight to the Ace 37670.00  37670.00

Comments

• edited August 2009
    All in pre flop with suited A10 is ...not so good. I won't say bad ..but what is actually putting you all in? Definitly behind especially to tikay, so you need to get lucky to win.
     You bad beat him.

2nd hand all in KK with the straight and flush possible ...just a bit unlucky on that one I would say...maybe the right move...would have preferred to check it myself...but easy to say not so easy to do. Again ask yourself what is going to do this to you...then you roll the dice....
  • edited August 2009
    1st hand - its too early to call shove with A10. You have way more than enough to fold and carry on. You raised to ge and answer and you got it. Regardless of the fact that it's Tikay (who's uber tight for 2 hours in these) a reraise all in is not worth calling and gambling with A10.

Exit hand - You're simply cold decked on flop.  Plain and simple. However, by min reraising pre you are giving implied odds to the players to stay involved. I would probably have shoved and taken the money in the middle. AK could well have still called you but flash flush wouldnt and Id rather play KK vs 1 opponent than 2.
  • edited August 2009

I answered this elsewhere, but here's my take......

Your Exit hand.

I think the problem was pre-flop. Peeps call very wide here, so I think a bigger Pre-Flop Raise might get rid of the others, but they are both big dogs to you, so in a way, you want some action.

The specific problem here was three-fold.

1) barstools was Calling everyone, & very wide. He'd had AA v KK early, & a few other coups, so was calling any Raise almost Blind. So he had a mountain of chips, & was playing gung-ho poker. Hard to get these guys off hands.

2) Once HE smoothed, that gave Flash a fair price to Call. I don't know what his hand was, but he had a good price, & he's capable of being lairy.

3) That Flop. It's just a HORRIBLE Flop, as wet as wet could be. Any sort of Raising hand is likely to be "adjacent" to that, with lots of draws & two-pairy-type made hands. But you had a re-draw, too, top Pair & any A or 9 is likely to be good. Wish so much money in, it's hard to Pass that, especially against a loosey like barstools. It IS Passable - but I'm not sure many would, could, or should.

You were just cold-decked by that combo of specific circumstances.

I won't comment very much on the A-Ten hand, as I was involved in that, & that'd be unfair, & hard for me to be objective. Except to say, your play would possibly be deemed correct in a fasty-fasty 9pm Open - but not a slowy-slowy Deepie. You had Raised, & I had re-Raised. You just ask yourself what my Re-raising "range" is there. The answer can only be 4 hands - AA, KK, QQ, or AK.

All in my opinion, I hasten to add.
  • edited August 2009
    FYI I had AJ .. after i made the initial raise with the re-raise and the call i felt comitted, knew i had to hit the flop in the face, thats why i folded to such a small bet on flop.... Not proud of the way I played that hand AT ALL,

But in terms of your hand Mike, I would of raised it a bit more preflop, but to be fair your not going to get rid of that guy with AK so its inevitable, just a cold deck
  • edited August 2009
    A-T is very, very opponent dependant...tikay with 20bb is not getting it in with something that doens't have you totally crushed.

If it was a random unknown then I don't hate a call given your stack size as with the dead money in the middle you are actually ahead of a decent amount of a randoms pushing range.

2nd hand was a cooler...it is very hard for you to put this guy on AK cos he played it awful.  There are some weird 2pr hands and possibly set of JJ/TT depending on how he plays but IMO with that PF action you can never fold this, as even if he does have 2pr/set then you have some re-draws to nut hands.

You played that flop totally terrible tho, on a flop that wet just get it in.

Overall PF he played it awful and on the flop you played it awful.  You got coolered but tbh if he had any brains at all he would have either shoved it in pre or folded.

• edited August 2009

Hi all,

Just my thruppence worth, but here goes.

I witnessed the A10 and knew you were behind from the moment you called. You had enough chips behind to make an easy pass against a player that was only raising much less than 10% of their hands. We all know TK would have shown the goods as well if you had passed :-).

The seconds hand is plain nasty. The Sky Poker gods decided to have some fun.
    With barstool calling most hands to see a flop its impossible to put him on any sort of range, but the fact that he then calls after a raise and re-raise without position would set off a few alarm bells and we then have to give them credit for some sort of hand.

The flop is just plain horrible. No other word for it. The additional problem is that we now have a lot of chips in the middle of the table up for grabs.

I dont think you could have got away from it. If you had flatted the flop and jammed the turn representing the flush you would have still been called as barstool had a great price to call the nut flush draw.

• edited August 2009
    did mike pay his buy in? like tk says its there money they can push with watever they like hehe, nah am messing even if i dont play these games its not 2 say am not watching, ive seen tkay make that move heck of alot just pushing all in, then saying he had kk and showin jk qn so mike might have noticed this aswell as me, i made a call vs tk last week he pushed wiv 44 im sitting wiv ace jk and my read was right needless 2 say i hit 2 pr, but i must say 1 thing in the long run mike calling wiv ace ten is goin to get you in a spot of bother, but i cant tell you how to play your cards m8 you paid your £5.50 and you are not that experienced at poker yet so ace ten sooooooooted seems like a nice hand, let me just tell you again it looks pretty but push wiv it fine i wouldnt call an all in with it unless you have a good read on sum1 like i do with mr kendall
  • edited August 2009
    i made a call vs tk last week he pushed wiv 44 im sitting wiv ace jk and my read was right needless 2 say i hit 2 pr blah blah blah load of rubbish have a good read on sum1 like i do with mr kendall

ok so you ramble on this nice little anecdote here, how about you actually provide details of the hand before you say 'you hvae good reads'

because i doubt it was a read.  i think it was more like that stack sizes dictated that AJ could not be passed here.

and your 'read' was wrong tbf, as you got the money in BEHIND to 44.

im glad that people actually seem to listen to the 'advice' that you give in broken english, because you have no sense at all and have a very, very results based mentality.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: two calls, how bad?:
    i made a call vs tk last week he pushed wiv 44 im sitting wiv ace jk and my read was right needless 2 say i hit 2 pr blah blah blah load of rubbish have a good read on sum1 like i do with mr kendall ok so you ramble on this nice little anecdote here, how about you actually provide details of the hand before you say 'you hvae good reads' because i doubt it was a read.  i think it was more like that stack sizes dictated that AJ could not be passed here. and your 'read' was wrong tbf, as you got the money in BEHIND to 44. im glad that people actually seem to listen to the 'advice' that you give in broken english, because you have no sense at all and have a very, very results based mentality.
    Posted by scotty77

LOL, seconds out...............