You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD)

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

OMG......

Mods, close thread, plz.

Comments

• edited September 2010

Yes, read on to discover how YOU could be putting words in the mouth of Sky Poker's oldest and wisest (?) analyst!

Hartigan and Kendall will be on your screens at 8pm with live coverage of tonight’s £8k Bounty Hunter.  We look forward to receiving your questions and play-my-hand requests - from tonight's tournament.

As well as analysing the action from the BH, we’ll be reviewing some cash hands and discussing recent British success on the tournament circuit.  So, an exciting evening in store – and an exciting few days ahead…

After tonight’s show, Mr Kendall and I will be making our way to Nottingham for the Sky Poker Tour Grand Final.  Then, on Monday, it’s the British Poker Awards.  I hope you’ve voted.  I have.  For Vicky Coren ;-)

Now, in the unlikely event Tikay wins Best Contribution to Poker, he’ll probably be expected to give an acceptance speech.  So, what random sentence can we shoehorn into his 60 seconds of glory?

How about some quasi-philosophical nonsense along the lines of Eric Cantona’s “seagulls” monologue?  Maybe a whimsical anecdote about steam trains?  Or the embarrassing declaration that he owes all his success in poker to Richard Orford?

Your suggestions for a ludicrous line to be included in Tikay’s acceptance speech are most welcome.  Please post away!

• edited September 2010
    OK. Ludicrous line for you..." Mallard ducks are soooo promiscuous!!!"
  • edited September 2010

''You are live on Sky Poker......please do not swear''

'' I was really hoping that Davinna McCall or Richard Branson was presenting this award to me ''

'' The biscuits are on me!!! ''

'' This is a fiasco of a decision! ''

I could go on.......like Tikay's years.....I've got hundreds :)
  • edited September 2010
    ' I don't deserve this, so I'm going to give it to Rich Orford'.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD):
    OMG...... Mods, close thread, plz.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You wanted a more interesting thread title...you got it!

• edited September 2010
    please can you play this hand????  hand id 288026234

a few have asked me to try and get it shown!!!!

the question everyone wants to know is can you solve the 3p FIASCO???

why did 3 players pay a penny each and 3 didnt??? ;)

odd that no one bet!!

odd that everyone was in pot

odd that no one hit

odd that 3 of us got our stake back and 3 lost a penny

odd odd odd
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JackoG9 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.61
    donkeyplop Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q

simons08 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £5.12
    JULIO1966 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £7.38
    lee06 Call  £0.08 £0.36 £13.06
    Jarohool Call  £0.08 £0.44 £9.56
    JackoG9 Call  £0.04 £0.48 £5.57
    donkeyplop Check     
    Flop

• J
    • J

JackoG9 Check     
    donkeyplop Check     
    simons08 Check     
    JULIO1966 Check     
    lee06 Check     
    Jarohool Check     
    Turn

JackoG9 Check     
    donkeyplop Check     
    simons08 Check     
    JULIO1966 Check     
    lee06 Check     
    Jarohool Check     
    River

• A

JackoG9 Check     
    donkeyplop Check     
    simons08 Check     
    JULIO1966 Check     
    lee06 Check     
    Jarohool Check     
    JackoG9 Show
    • Q

donkeyplop Show
    • Q

simons08 Show
    • K

JULIO1966 Show

lee06 Show
    • Q
    • K

Jarohool Show

JackoG9 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08  £5.65
    donkeyplop Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08  £8.58
    simons08 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08  £5.20
    JULIO1966 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07  £7.45
    lee06 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07  £13.13
    Jarohool Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07  £9.63
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD):
    please can you play this hand????  hand id 288026234 a few have asked me to try and get it shown!!!! the question everyone wants to know is can you solve the 3p FIASCO??? why did 3 players pay a penny each and 3 didnt??? ;) odd that no one bet!! odd that everyone was in pot odd that no one hit odd that 3 of us got our stake back and 3 lost a penny odd odd odd Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance JackoG9 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £5.61 donkeyplop Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.50   Your hole cards Q 5       simons08 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £5.12 JULIO1966 Call   £0.08 £0.28 £7.38 lee06 Call   £0.08 £0.36 £13.06 Jarohool Call   £0.08 £0.44 £9.56 JackoG9 Call   £0.04 £0.48 £5.57 donkeyplop Check         Flop     4 J J       JackoG9 Check         donkeyplop Check         simons08 Check         JULIO1966 Check         lee06 Check         Jarohool Check         Turn     4       JackoG9 Check         donkeyplop Check         simons08 Check         JULIO1966 Check         lee06 Check         Jarohool Check         River     A       JackoG9 Check         donkeyplop Check         simons08 Check         JULIO1966 Check         lee06 Check         Jarohool Check         JackoG9 Show 9 Q       donkeyplop Show Q 5       simons08 Show 7 K       JULIO1966 Show 8 10       lee06 Show Q K       Jarohool Show 6 5       JackoG9 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08   £5.65 donkeyplop Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08   £8.58 simons08 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.08   £5.20 JULIO1966 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07   £7.45 lee06 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07   £13.13 Jarohool Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £0.07   £9.63
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Hi donkeyplop,

Ideally, we'd like you to request hands from tonight's tournament! But, since you asked...

The missing 3p = the rake!

In a case where there is an uneven split pot, the player(s) closest to (the left of) the button receive the extra chips.

Yes, it's odd that everyone was in the hand.  Yes, it's odd that no-one bet.  Yes, it's odd that no-one hit.

• edited September 2010
    "I'd like to personally thank the creator of the manbag for my award"
  • edited September 2010
    cheers james you are a fountain of knollege!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD) : Hi donkeyplop, Ideally, we'd like you to request hands from tonight's tournament! But, since you asked... The missing 3p = the rake! In a case where there is an uneven split pot, the player(s) closest to (the left of) the button receive the extra chips. Yes, it's odd that everyone was in the hand.  Yes, it's odd that no-one bet.  Yes, it's odd that no-one hit.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    gl wirh show tonite the reason we`ve ask for this was too give everyone a laugh
  • edited September 2010
    Hey James, Tk and tonights producer ;)

Another hand request, I posted it in the clinic and have recieved some pretty fierce criticism for my fold in the hand, Its a cash hand, which ends on the flop - If u have a spare 5 mins cud u squeeze the hand in???

Theres 4/5 pages of debate (me being slaughtered) about it in the clinic, where Im pretty much fighting against the tide trying to justify my fold, but it would be cool to find out where I stood in the hand.

Below is the hand history, and a link to the clinic thread. Hope u can get it on, if not, nvm.

Much appreciated, JJ

Hand History #287962284 (18:38 07/09/2010)

• edited September 2010

Get him to do his Darth Vader impression again and say "I have you now"

• edited September 2010
    how about getting tikay to talk about his fave two subjects in one???

yes trains and ducks.....................

http://www.o-keating.com/hsr/mallard.htm

The Mallard was one of many Gresley Class A4 steam engines built by LNER in the 1930s for high speed passenger transport along the East Coast Mainline (London-Edingburgh) shown in blue on the map. It was a rival project to the LMS Silver Link which achieved 114mph (185km/h) earlyer in 1938 on the west coast mainline shown in red. Unlike other steam engines the design incorporated some aerodynamics, even if it was somewhat crude. This engine was used as an express locomotive right into the 60s in the UK until diesels on northern routes.

• edited September 2010
    how about getting tikay to talk about his fave two subjects in one??? yes trains and ducks..................... http://www.o-keating.com/hsr/mallard.htm The Mallard was one of many Gresley Class A4 steam engines built by LNER in the 1930s for high speed passenger transport along the East Coast Mainline (London-Edingburgh) shown in blue on the map. It was a rival project to the LMS Silver Link which achieved 114mph (185km/h) earlyer in 1938 on the west coast mainline shown in red. Unlike other steam engines the design incorporated some aerodynamics, even if it was somewhat crude. This engine was used as an express locomotive right into the 60s in the UK until diesels on northern routes.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Great suggestions so far.  Good work, everyone!

I'll endeavour to get Tikay to read some of them aloud into the camera on tonight's show :-)

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD) : Great suggestions so far.  Good work, everyone! I'll endeavour to get Tikay to read some of them aloud into the camera on tonight's show :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You can endeavour all you want, I don't HAVE to read anything. I'm a Broadcaster, you know.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD) : You can endeavour all you want, I don't HAVE to read anything. I'm a Broadcaster, you know.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'll give you 56p to do what Hartigan says! :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tikay is the Orville to your Keith Harris… (OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD) : You can endeavour all you want, I don't HAVE to read anything. I'm a Broadcaster, you know.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's either that, or I'll do it - in my best Tikay voice!!!

• edited September 2010

Please can you play this hand to show why you SHOULD NOT slow play AA, Any raise preflop, and i would be out of this hand.

Went for the overbet on the river instead of value betting it as a value bet would probs scream a flush, never put opo on pocket rockets though.
    CuriousKev Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £16.19
    JOEY111 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £39.20
      Your hole cards

hayes05 Fold        
    adil Fold        
    Gavinxxxx Call   £0.40 £1.00 £22.84
    rats107 Fold        
    CuriousKev Call   £0.20 £1.20 £15.99
    JOEY111 Check        
    Flop

• A

CuriousKev Check        
    JOEY111 Check        
    Gavinxxxx Bet   £1.20 £2.40 £21.64
    CuriousKev Call   £1.20 £3.60 £14.79
    JOEY111 Fold        
    Turn

• J

CuriousKev Check        
    Gavinxxxx Check        
    River

CuriousKev Check        
    Gavinxxxx Bet   £3.60 £7.20 £18.04
    CuriousKev Raise   £7.20 £14.40 £7.59
    Gavinxxxx Raise   £7.20 £21.60 £10.84
    CuriousKev Call   £3.60 £25.20 £3.99
    Gavinxxxx Show

CuriousKev Muck
    • A
    • A

Gavinxxxx Win Flush to the 9 £23.94   £34.78
  • edited September 2010
    JJ - I think your hand may be more suited to the Poker Clinic section of Sunday's live show.

Gavin - we only really want play-my-hand requests from tonight's tournament (I've now clarified in my OP).

• edited September 2010

Guys,

Thank you for the Hand Requests & Hand ID's.

What James really wants - he has such poor grammatical skills, though they match his diction - are (or should that be "is"?) Hands from TONIGHT's Bounty Hunter Tourney.

Also, please don't send them in until you have played them.

I sense a "difficult" night, James is in one of his more obdurate moods, & I feel particularly curmudgeonly today. But as Roshambo fans know, curmudgeonly beats obdurate all day long.
  • edited September 2010
    Guys, Thank you for the Hand Requests & Hand ID's. What James really wants - he has such poor grammatical skills, though they match his diction - are (or should that be "is"?) Hands from TONIGHT's Bounty Hunter Tourney. Also, please don't send them in until you have played them. I sense a "difficult" night, James is in one of his more obdurate moods, & I feel particularly curmudgeonly today. But as Roshambo fans know, curmudgeonly beats obdurate all day long.
    Posted by Tikay10

THIS!

(Minus the inaccurate bits about my poor grammar and obdurate mood...)

• edited September 2010
    I knew that really....was jsut testing you ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Hey James, Tk and tonights producer ;) Another hand request, I posted it in the clinic and have recieved some pretty fierce criticism for my fold in the hand, Its a cash hand, which ends on the flop - If u have a spare 5 mins cud u squeeze the hand in??? Theres 4/5 pages of debate (me being slaughtered) about it in the clinic, where Im pretty much fighting against the tide trying to justify my fold, but it would be cool to find out where I stood in the hand. Below is the hand history, and a link to the clinic thread. Hope u can get it on, if not, nvm. Much appreciated, JJ https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum:1c6aca1e-3fea-4914-8d99-3f30a0f01e50Discussion:78c90398-d027-4513-857d-55625539b5f4 Hand History #287962284 (18:38 07/09/2010)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hey DOHHHHHHH,

Funny you should mention this......

I take it you didnt get my email yesterday??  I have been trying to call you also, with no luck.  I have already selected this for us on Poker Clinic during Sundays show.  DO you want to drop me a PM or email me at
    mandy.card@bskyb.com and we'll discuss further. 

Many thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    Guys, Thank you for the Hand Requests & Hand ID's. What James really wants - he has such poor grammatical skills, though they match his diction - are (or should that be "is"?) Hands from TONIGHT's Bounty Hunter Tourney. Also, please don't send them in until you have played them. I sense a "difficult" night, James is in one of his more obdurate moods, & I feel particularly curmudgeonly today. But as Roshambo fans know, curmudgeonly beats obdurate all day long.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I bet there will end up being a feature on tonights show on how cool and hip the word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is! :)
  • edited September 2010

I haven't changed my contact details and u had no probz getting in touch before? 

Ive checked and not had any emails.....

I can pm you to ask what you want? lol 

Will do tomorrow.

• edited September 2010
    Good luck with the show tonight guys.

I'm sure Tikay's speech could start along the lines of

"Well what a jammy codger I am,........."
  • edited September 2010
    All being well will pop across to DTD to say hello on Saturday.

In the meantime have a great show tonight, Mr Curmudgeon and Co ;-)

• edited September 2010
    While holding the award Tikay should say:

"I feel just like Luke Schwartz at the recent London WPT.  I have my hand firmly round something quite small yet very dear to me."
  • edited September 2010
    just poppin in to say have a great show guys, i think you'r a good double act.

u should do another film promo as Mr Kendel the karate kids teacher, i dont kno why but when i hear Kendil i just think japaense hitman
  • edited September 2010
    We've just finished rehearsal (Tikay's getting better - he only made 5 mistakes this week) and we're live to the nation in 10 minutes!

Please keep those suggestions for Tikay's acceptance speech coming in...