You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (11th/12th)

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
Right then, now that the international break is over we can get back to some proper footy & some decent opportunities to take some cash from the bookies.

2 Acca's for me for tomorrow.

Main Acca:

Newcastle to beat Blackpool (H) @ 8/15
Norwich to beat Barnsley (H) @ 10/11
Huddersfield to beat Leyton Orient (A) @ 11/8
Rotherham to beat Burton (H) @ 10/11

These 4 are paying a very tasty 12/1.

To be honest, I really thought that Newcastle would be a shorter price than this being at home & this should be as close to a home banker as you're ever likely to get. In the corresponding fixture last season Newcastle won 4-1 & although it's still early days I can't see Blackpool getting too many points on the road this season. Newcastle have only played one at St James' so far & they battered Villa 6-0. I can't see them getting 6 again this time but with the toon in full voice & Andy Carroll on fire it should be quite comfortable.
Norwich & Barnsley have both made similar starts to the season with 7 points from 4 games but the crucial thing here is that this is being played at Carrow Road. They beat Swansea in their last home game & Barnsley are not particularly good travellers. Plus the canaries have history on their side too. You have to go right back to August 2000 since Barnsley last beat Norwich home or away! Since that game these 2 have met 9 times with Norwich winning 7 of those.
If Huddersfield are to push for automatic promotion this year then it's exactly these games they need to be winning. They've made a decent start with 8 points from their opening 5 games whilst Leyton Orient have started how most people have expected them too with only one win so far. Huddersfield won both games last season & although I think it could be fairly close I think they'll nick it here. Plus that price is just too good to ignore.
Rotherham have three things going for them for this game. Firstly, they managed to keep hold of Adam Le Fondre during the transfer window & his goals will be valuable for them. Secondly, they're very decent at home & thirdly, Burton are not particularly great travellers themselves. Rotherham lost last time out away to Shrewsbury but they should have enough quality to see off Burton.

Long Shot Acca:

Fulham/Wolves - DRAW @ 12/5
Chelsea (-1) to beat West Ham (A) @ 8/11
Spurs to beat West Brom (A) @ 11/10
QPR to beat Middlesbrough (H) @ evens
Cardiff to beat Hull (H) @ 8/13
Port Vale/Aldershot - DRAW @ 12/5

These 6 are paying a massive 134/1!! I've only had £1 on it but feel that there are some decent shouts in this little lot.

Fulham have drawn the last 2 home meetings with Wolves & in the six games that these 2 have played between them so far this season they've had 5 draws!
I really hate betting against my boys but sometimes when there's money involved you just have to be realistic. We got a point from this fixture last season but I can see yet another defeat coming up here.
Both Spurs & West Brom have made indifferent starts to the season & West Brom have also won the last 2 meetings between them at the Hawthorns. However, even with their injuries I just think that Spurs will shade this & that price is too big to ignore imo.
Quite why Rangers are not at a shorter price than this I really don't know. They're unbeaten in their opening 4 games & have both at home scoring 6 without reply. Boro have been their usual inconsistent selves & lost at Barnsley last time out. I can't see them leaving West London with anything either.
Cardiff really should take the points at home here. Jay Bothroyd is in form & Craig Bellamy has too much quality at this level. Hull have also lost both their away games this season against Millwall & Donny conceding 7 goals in the process.
Since Aldershot's promotion back to the football league in 2008 they've met Port Vale 4 times. They won the first meeting at home & have drawn the last 3 against them. Although I expect Vale to be in the play off picture come the end of the season it's these kind of games where they fail to pick up crucial wins.

Happy betting peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited September 2010
    GL JAY

posted mine on a different thread.
  • edited September 2010
    My first speculative one, I think theres gonna be some upsets this week-end....

Everton WILL get a result against United, probably a draw, but hopefully the win that I've gone for at 7/2.

Arsenal obv to beat Bolton at home...

Georgies to keep the momentum going against Blackpool...

AND.....

West Ham are a RIDICULOUS 10/1 to win at home against a Lampard-less Chelsea....

These return £134 from £1.40.

More to follow.

Aight, draw trebble...

Pompey v Ipswich
    Preston v Burnley
    QPR v Boro'

1-1, 0-0 and 0-0 .... I shudda dona that in a correct score bet, gonna do that now.

• edited September 2010
    Dundee Utd v Aberdeen  DRAW @ 12/5
    Wigan v Sunderland  DRAW @ 9/4
    Portsmouth v Ipswich  DRAW 12/5

£11 Treble pays £413.27

Good luck all.
  • edited September 2010
    FANCY THIS BET ON SATURDAY

DERBY AT HOME TO SHEFF UTD     7/5

SUNDERLAND AWAY TO WIGAN     85/40

FULHAM AT HOME TO WOLVES      10/11

NEWCASTLE AT HOME TO BLACKPOOL      8/13

4 TREBLES AT £3
    1 ACCA AT £3

£15 COST 
  • edited September 2010

Watford 0-2 Donny
    0-0 Burnley
    0-0 QPR
    1-1 Pompey

L15, returns 6k
  • edited September 2010

trying this lot in 9 X 8 folds and an acca

FootballNpower ChampionshipQ.P.R. v Middlesbro'Teams to Score 11/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
    FootballNpower ChampionshipReading v Crystal PalaceUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 11/09/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 1Bournemouth v DagenhamMatch Result 11/09/2010 15:00Bournemouth @ 8/11
    FootballNpower League 1Peterborough v OldhamTeams to Score 11/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 10/11
    FootballNpower League 2Wycombe v MacclesfieldMatch Result 11/09/2010 15:00Wycombe @ 4/7
    FootballNpower League 2Torquay v Acc. StanleyTo Score 2+ Goals 11/09/2010 15:00Torquay @ 8/11
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueDundee Utd v AberdeenTeams to Score 11/09/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
    FootballScottish Division 3Annan v ElginTo Score 2+ Goals 11/09/2010 15:00Annan @ 8/15
    FootballScottish Division 3Berwick v ArbroathMatch Result 11/09/2010 15:00Berwick @ 11/10
    Good Luck to everyone as always!!!!!
  • edited September 2010

Right!!! LAST ONE !!!

£15 on Everton to stuff United! Just coz I want it to happen and 3/1 at home is too big.
  • edited September 2010
    I knew I wouldn't be able to help myself so have gone for one more 6 way

Man City to beat Blackburn (H) @ 4/9
    Spurs to best West Brom (A) @ 11/10
    Newcastle to beat Blackpool (H) @ 1/2
    Burnley to beat Preston (H) @ 4/6
    Wycombe to beat Macclesfield (H) @ 4/7
    Livingston to beat Peterhead (A) @ 10/11

These 6 pay 22/1 so I've gone for a small 5-folds & 1 x 6 way ftw.

These were the 6 main picks from the betting section in the sun today
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (11th/12th):
    GL JAY posted mine on a different thread.
    Posted by achill
    Yeah I saw that. It wasn't there when I started typing mine! That'll teach me for typing a lot.
  • edited September 2010
    Dundee Utd v Aberdeen  DRAW @ 12/5 Wigan v Sunderland  DRAW @ 9/4 Portsmouth v Ipswich  DRAW @ 12/5 £11 Treble pays £413.27 Good luck all.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Baaaad day for me with 2 out of 3 results correct = (
  • edited September 2010
    A minutes silence and a black armband for my bets. 
  • edited September 2010
    A minutes silence and a black armband for my bets. 
    Posted by emilyegg
    A shotgun, a lamb roast and a couple of wooly jumpers for mine.
  • edited September 2010
    Still no winners for me so far this season. I'm almost quite thankful that Newcastle lost cos had it been only Rotherham letting me down after being 3-0 up I think I'd probably be buying a new laptop today!

Hopefully Brum & Liverpool can do me a favour & fight out a 1-1 draw this afternoon cos I've had a couple of quid on that @ 11/2