You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when will sky introduce antes

edited September 2010 in Community Suggestions
I think that all tournament play should have antes introduced after the first hours play. It will give everybody a vested interest in the pot and make pots more interesting for stealing. Most of the wsop and etp tournaments have them so why not follow suit.

Joe N

Comments

• edited September 2010
    personally I don't think antes are great for online tournaments.

They add incentive to the pots for live tournaments where people start with 10k chips and  average stacks have 100xBB.

But the online tournaments I've played with antes, it ruined the game because there wasn't enough chips in play and turned it into a shove fest.
  • edited September 2010
    Sky poker run predominantly 6 seater table tournies, so there is no need for ante's to speed things up, they are enough of a shovefest after 2 hours as it is!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Joe,

Currently we do not believe that the site needs to start using antes in the tournaments to speed things up. If anything changes, however, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Joe,

Currently we do not believe that the site needs to start using antes in the tournaments to speed things up. If anything changes, however, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jordan