You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Balance update

I managed to hold on and win the deepie, for £34.40

Balance now stands at: £102.24
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try:
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : £162.12 was what i started with last night, With that bounty hunter result ive effectivley won what i withdrew, which defeats the purpose of my challenge really of building up on NL4 but id already entered this and i did state i want to do MTT's on the side. Im also a little wary of NL4 now, since my study of it went up on the clinic ive found it a little harder to play my game there.
    Posted by The_Don90

Well.

I've quickly worked out that anything under 5/10 nl is a call fest. I fired 3 beautiful and meaningful bullets today. Ivey would have buckled, but not my oppoments. That's not their fault, that's my fault. I should have known. I will next time. I'll beat this game, I will.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Well. I've quickly worked out that anything under 5/10 nl is a call fest. I fired 3 beautiful and meaningful bullets today. Ivey would have buckled, but not my oppoments. That's not their fault, that's my fault. I should have known. I will next time. I'll beat this game, I will.
    Posted by bandini
    I know this feeling, ive done this so many times now, ive stopped bluffing completely.

So Sir The Don has quit Blufffing.

Guys who i played with last night take a note.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : I see the 53p fiasco is back :) Seriously though Don, no harm in stepping back a level or two if that's what you need. I've done it myself & I feel it's gradually making me a better player for it. Good luck though mate.
    Posted by silentbob
    i stepped down to the micro cash games last night and found it a bit easier. i also noticed 3 players playing at these stakes who are ( in my opinion ) good players and who ive seen playing for a lot more in the past , which says to me that there is money to be made there
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Well. I've quickly worked out that anything under 5/10 nl is a call fest. I fired 3 beautiful and meaningful bullets today. Ivey would have buckled, but not my oppoments. That's not their fault, that's my fault. I should have known. I will next time. I'll beat this game, I will.
    Posted by bandini
    spot on bandini ,never ever bluff in low limit cash ,they will call you with 7th pair lol...was riding well in the 575 bh last night ,blinds 100 200 ,,,i got aq suited in the bb ,2 limpers ,one calling station ,i make it 1100 too play ,pot committing the calling station ,,,,,and he calls with 10 5 os ,,,,,hits his five ,he checks ,i put him allin ,he calls and i dont improve ,,,wasnt out but put a nice dent in my stack ,,,,really cant get my head around this sort of play ,,,
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try:
    Ok after a disasterous night losing 50% of my BR by being an idiot i decided to withdraw another half of that leaving me with £39 to play with, i was actually already registered with a DYM and BH MTT when i made the withdrawl, ive already cashed in the DYM and playing the BH as i type. So BR currently stands at £49.12. My plan is if i can return to NL4 and play the game i was playing maybe i can realise the errors i made last night, and work on my tilting, without risking loads of money. Also hope to make £200 by the end of September, off only NL4, without going up a level. I will venture into DYM;s and MTTs at times, my passion for these will not die, but BR management is the key, ill let you guys know how i get on.
    Posted by The_Don90
    The very best of luck with your personal BR challenge hun xxx
  • edited September 2010
    well done on winning the deepie last night mate!!!

stick to mtts you seem to have alot better record in these.......................
  • edited September 2010
    yea expessially when confidence is there.

Ill be sticking to the MTTs for now i think,
  • edited September 2010
    well done on winning the deepie last night mate!!! stick to mtts you seem to have alot better record in these.......................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Wasn`t aware of your win Don. Was busy last night 

Many congrats` hun xx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Wasn`t aware of your win Don. Was busy last night  Many congrats` hun xx
    Posted by candi
    I won 2 out of 3 MTT's yesterday. I was struggling in the Take on Tikay all the way through.
  • edited September 2010
    Bankroll Update

after yesterday and a few misplaced bets i was hovering about £90 when i decided i wanted to be on the telle. I sat down doubled up (£20) first hand, the table died and i stood for the half hour before re-joining with £20 again. I was down to £10 and reloaded to £20 again before going on a run. Finnihsing wiht £126 and some pennies.

Current Balance: £193.00
  • edited September 2010
    Bankroll Update after yesterday and a few misplaced bets i was hovering about £90 when i decided i wanted to be on the telle. I sat down doubled up (£20) first hand, the table died and i stood for the half hour before re-joining with £20 again. I was down to £10 and reloaded to £20 again before going on a run. Finnihsing wiht £126 and some pennies. Current Balance: £193.00
    Posted by The_Don90

i seen the hand you got the money with down to a 2 outer and you hit it on the river lucky boy
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : i seen the hand you got the money with down to a 2 outer and you hit it on the river lucky boy
    Posted by pattyk
    4 outer a 4 was good too. :)

I was a complete misread i had him on a draw i completeley admited that in the chatbox. I acutally think of all the big hands i had, that was the only one not shown.
  • edited September 2010
    don bankroll dude, if you cant stick to it how can i!
  • edited September 2010
    don bankroll dude, if you cant stick to it how can i!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Its the weekend backroll is pointless, im entering the primo for fun tonight, which leaves me £160.

Right back to where i started, only one decent result from £200 (target) and the week grind comming up its all good.
  • edited September 2010
    gl in primo dude
  • edited September 2010
    gl in primo dude
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thanks man, second try at this bad boy, aim is to do better than last time, reach the hour with more than 196 chips because of a 2 outer binkage. Then after that to win it :D

Sticking to my game none of this nonsense i done in MTTs recently, i either have it or i dont and if i have it then im going for it.

because of work i didnt get time to qualify so ive bought direct in and i cashed in a £5.50 DYM so BR sitting at £164.50. Not perfect but im better off by £2.29 than i was before this thread started, plus the money i withdrew :).
  • edited September 2010
    lol, i played it the other month and bubbled primo after winning seat through satelite was gutted but won deepie after :o)

believe in yourself don take it down matey!
  • edited September 2010
    lol, i played it the other month and bubbled primo after winning seat through satelite was gutted but won deepie after :o) believe in yourself don take it down matey!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I believe in myself,

I believe in myself

I BELIEVE IN MYSELF

lol.

Had to.

I do, i have the confidence going in, the memory of my last attempt is right in the back of my mind, MTT's have been good for me recently, as long as i stick to recent form.
  • edited September 2010
    Out by 8.15, had Queens all in pre against AK

Not much you can do when your opponent is willing to race on the first blind level.
  • edited September 2010
    dude let me know ur table no i want to see how u do in the background!
  • edited September 2010
    cooler ul mate what can u do? still well played, another day!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : I believe in myself, I believe in myself I BELIEVE IN MYSELF lol. Had to. I do, i have the confidence going in, the memory of my last attempt is right in the back of my mind, MTT's have been good for me recently, as long as i stick to recent form.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Believe in yourself. You can make it when you do.
    Believe in yourself . Your dreams will come true.
     Believe in youself. Stop doubting your thoughts inside your heart.
    Believe in yourself. You will make it when you start.
    Believe in yourself. Don't be discouraged by your past.
    Believe in yourself first and never last.
    Believe in yourself. Don't be intimidated by your neighbor's wealth.
     Wealth can be created when you believe in yourself

*James Hayes
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Believe in yourself. You can make it when you do. Believe in yourself . Your dreams will come true.  Believe in youself. Stop doubting your thoughts inside your heart. Believe in yourself. You will make it when you start. Believe in yourself. Don't be discouraged by your past. Believe in yourself first and never last. Believe in yourself. Don't be intimidated by your neighbor's wealth.  Wealth can be created when you believe in yourself *James Hayes
    Posted by candi
    IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : IF you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about, don't deal in lies, Or being hated, don't give way to hating, And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dream - and not make dreams your master; If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools: If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breathe a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch, if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
    Posted by The_Don90
    Tear in my eye, lovely! xx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Tear in my eye, lovely! xx
    Posted by candi
    I love that poem, The worded version on youtube is far better.

:)

Taking a break just now, Little off put to losing a race so early. I played 4 hands JJ QQx2 and AQ won one pre flop lost the other 3 results in comming out within 15 mins disheartened lol.
  • edited September 2010
    Got me started on the songs : ) xx http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yVXaw8yufY&feature=fvsr
    Posted by candi
    Ill listen tomorrow, watching the rest of the primo, see if i get any hands on, lol might get something on the clinic or something/
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : Ill listen tomorrow, watching the rest of the primo, see if i get any hands on, lol might get something on the clinic or something/
    Posted by The_Don90
    You are going make it Don. I can see you fine tweeking and tuning. xxx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: You cant build an empire in a day, but maybe i can try : You are going make it Don. I can see you fine tweeking and tuning. xxx
    Posted by candi
    Always am, cant win unless your always adapting. :)