You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharksbite running hot...!

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!!

Congrats...!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    sharks is a box fluke
  • edited August 2009
    well done Naomi, you deserve it, know you have been putting a lot of hours in lately. Hope it stays this way :D
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Sharksbite running hot...!:
    Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!! Congrats...!
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Sharksbite is absolutely brilliant and well worth railing just to get some guidance and inspiration as to how to play when  getting close to final tables. 
  • edited August 2009

No doubt about it - Naomi  is a real class act.

There's no secrets to what she does - she just plays the game superbly.

Sky Poker are lucky to have such a player. In fact, Sky Poker seem to have an awful lot of stunningly good female players.

And the best of it is that she GIQ (gets it quietly) & does not go round chirpiing & larging herself up.

Like I say, class act.
  • edited August 2009
    Yep, I need to learn how to crack AA with QT!

No, seriously, another excellent performance Sharky - it's always great to see you doing well.
  • edited August 2009
     i noticed she was the best mtt player on here a while ago, and posted it on the thread that questioned who was the best and sharksbite was not even mentioned.. only the likes of flash flush and daveyzz who are good players but sharksbite is by far the best mtt player..

the open and bounty hunter are so fast that luck has a big factor and i used to think that skill had nothin to do with these tournies as there is too much variance.. sharksbite has proved us wrong this month
  • edited August 2009
    She's quality and a top lady. Well done Naomi.
  • edited August 2009
    Just noticed Sharksbite won 'The Open' on Sunday... from my knowledge that's three big wins in the past 2 months and a massive amount of cash pocketed...!! Talk about running hot...!! Congrats...!
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    i think shark is ace. she never ever chats. i think thats were i go wrong so no more chattin 4 me.
  • edited August 2009
    If i remember right, Sharksbite won £7K or was it £8K in the vegas tourney where second prize was a £7K or £8K due to not quite enough players. What a great cash prize eh? (sky poker are the best!) I don't think i'd ever come back to playing on-line poker after that cash win, but she does......so max respect for that......
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...!:
    If i remember right, Sharksbite won £7K or was it £8K in the vegas tourney where second prize was a £7K or £8K due to not quite enough players. What a great cash prize eh? (sky poker are the best!) I don't think i'd ever come back to playing on-line poker after that cash win, but she does......so max respect for that......
    Posted by RichiSwift
    It was 9k :D ... Yeh sharky plays poker for a living so she has to come back lol
  • edited August 2009
    Totaly agree about the women players on here every one I have played are superb at the game and give us guys a run for our money. Wd Sharksbite and all the other girls. :)
  • edited August 2009
    They do so well... maybe a s e x change is +EV 

• edited August 2009
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    sharksbite 2nd again in open well done girl. x
  • edited August 2009
    Sharsbite running hot?????? she is absolutley sizzling, WAY TO GO, exellent player and great fun in the chatbox

cant get better than that ;)
  • edited August 2009

On 25th July, Sharksbite was 1st of 691 for £1,529.

On August 16th, she beat a field of 549, to scoop £2,143.

Last night, she was 2nd of 607, for £1,348.75.

Pull your socks up Naomi - only 2nd last night? You are slipping.

PS - Many congrats - that is a STUNNING sequence of cashes. And, what's more, you get it quietly.

You, young Lady, are a class act.
  • edited August 2009
    On 25th July, Sharksbite was 1st of 691 for £1,529. On August 16th, she beat a field of 549, to scoop £2,143. Last night, she was 2nd of 607, for £1,348.75. Pull your socks up Naomi - only 2nd last night? You are slipping. PS - Many congrats - that is a STUNNING sequence of cashes. And, what's more, you get it quietly. You, young Lady, are a class act.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That certainly is an excellent record and something that Naomi should be extremely proud of, and you didn't even mention her £9k for coming 2nd or was it 3rd in the Vegas qualifier lol.

How about Sky running a special invitational game for the best 50 or 100 players over the last year, something like a "Champion of Champions" game
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : That certainly is an excellent record and something that Naomi should be extremely proud of, and you didn't even mention her £9k for coming 2nd or was it 3rd in the Vegas qualifier lol. How about Sky running a special invitational game for the best 50 or 100 players over the last year, something like a "Champion of Champions" game
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Correct - it was £9,000 for coming 2nd.

Her husband is a pretty tidy player too, by the way - he won the Swansea Leg of the SPUKT.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm not disputing Sharksbite's achievement or poker ability by any means, but I still feel that the open structures become <10bb poker after the first half an hour or so, making it very much a luck than skill factor as the majority of action is preflop. You get a range of hands, factor in action ahead of you and stack sizes, and stick it in the middle. It's not really a huge amount of skill.

Remember if some people say they are running bad and really below EV (such as yourself Tikay), that means others are running really hot and way above their EV ;)

A fantastic achievement none the less, i was watching myself!
  • edited August 2009
    not    takeing  anything  away  from  sharks bite   very   good  player    say   thers  about  40    very  good  players  that  play  in  the  main  event   rest   just    average    could  she   do  it  on  poker  stars     or  the  other  big  sites  weres  the  field   is  2000  plus all  over  the  world
  • edited August 2009
    I'm not disputing Sharksbite's achievement or poker ability by any means, but I still feel that the open structures become <10bb poker after the first half an hour or so, making it very much a luck than skill factor as the majority of action is preflop. You get a range of hands, factor in action ahead of you and stack sizes, and stick it in the middle. It's not really a huge amount of skill. Remember if some people say they are running bad and really below EV (such as yourself Tikay), that means others are running really hot and way above their EV ;) A fantastic achievement none the less, i was watching myself!
    Posted by Deadluck
    Yes, The 9pm Main Event IS fast - though it's interesting to see that players such as Sharksbite, TheSwiss, DAVEYZZ & others have won it multiple times. They must be very lucky.......;)

But there are plenty of other, very much slower, &, some might argue, more skilful, Tourneys on Sky Poker, we now have several DeepStacks every night, & they are gaining in popularity.

Me running bad means others are running good? Absolutely! I did mention - not complain, simply observe - that I have run bad since before Vegas. But it can change quyickly. I won the Deepie on Thursday night for £145, & was second in the Deepstack Showdown last night for £600. Variance is a beautiful thing.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : Yes, The 9pm Main Event IS fast - though it's interesting to see that players such as Sharksbite, TheSwiss, DAVEYZZ & others have won it multiple times. They must be very lucky.......;) But there are plenty of other, very much slower, &, some might argue, more skilful, Tourneys on Sky Poker, we now have several DeepStacks every night, & they are gaining in popularity. Me running bad means others are running good? Absolutely! I did mention - not complain, simply observe - that I have run bad since before Vegas. But it can change quyickly. I won the Deepie on Thursday night for £145, & was second in the Deepstack Showdown last night for £600. Variance is a beautiful thing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well done sir.... How did the showndown go last night? was there many runners and how long did it take? Once again, very well done for your 2nd, i hope your results stay like this!!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : Well done sir.... How did the showndown go last night? was there many runners and how long did it take? Once again, very well done for your 2nd, i hope your results stay like this!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Only 22 runners I think, with top 3 paid - £1,100, £650 & £450, or something like that. It took about 4.5 hours, IIRC.

I think they are doing a Pre-Record of it tonight (as they now do every Monday) for transmission tomorrow or Wednesday.

dantb10 - the winner - played astoundingly well, as did stokefc. I had a big lead Heads-Up against dantb10, but he gradually whittled it away, he has terrific "controlled" aggression.

I varied my play to combat his aggression, & it worked quite well, I was in control - almost! - until the last hand, which I well & truly mangled. So much so that I limped in with Aces, & his 7-3 busted me good & proper.

He deserved it - he really surprised me as to his aggrressiion levels, reads, & ability to get off a hand.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Sharksbite running hot...! : i think shark is ace. she never ever chats. i think thats were i go wrong so no more chattin 4 me.
    Posted by anjie1970

I've watched Sharksbite quite a bit and am very impressed by her.

ps hi Angie you look foxy!
  • edited August 2009
    The fact that Sky tournies are so fast paced actually increase the skill needed to win IMO.

Sharksbite has a game that we all can learn from, and I'm gonna take a lot more notice as I want to be able to run as good as her when it comes to semi-deep time!

• edited August 2009
    The fact that Sky tournies are so fast paced actually increase the skill needed to win IMO. Sharksbite has a game that we all can learn from, and I'm gonna take a lot more notice as I want to be able to run as good as her when it comes to semi-deep time!
    Posted by scotty77
    I'd love to know how it increases skill. It followed a pretty basic betting structure since its (on the majority) all preflop action as i said before. and preflop is mostly based on handranges, stacksizes and stealing blinds with position. of course the regular winners play it well, hence i was not disputing their achievement. i could do with a nice deep run, dont think ive made it past a first hour in those tourneys lol. too much bluffing too little premium hands.

The new deepstacks look nice, I will be entering them when I have some free evenings. But fast structures definately do not increase skill 'imo'. There is some judgement, decision making and maths involved, but little more. I enter them for the banter on TV if anything! Love it.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharksbite running hot...! : I'd love to know how it increases skill. The new deepstacks look nice, I will be entering them when I have some free evenings. But fast structures definately do not increase skill 'imo'. There is some judgement, decision making and maths involved, but little more. I enter them for the banter on TV if anything! Love it.
    Posted by Deadluck
    It's not so much increases it, as being a different skillset. The fact that we have a bunch of serial winners proves that.

I'm hopeless at them, but can get by in the slower jobbies. Some folks are the opposite.

Whatever floats your boat, really.

But yes, definitely needs skill, just different skill. Like 20/20 cricket & Test Cricket, or Rugby League & Rugby Union. Same things, totally different same. ;)
  • edited August 2009
    not    takeing  anything  away  from  sharks bite   very   good  player    say   thers  about  40    very  good  players  that  play  in  the  main  event   rest   just    average    could  she   do  it  on  poker  stars     or  the  other  big  sites  weres  the  field   is  2000  plus all  over  the  world
    Posted by scrumdown
    Yes, I think she could. But the key to winning - or not losing - at poker, is called "Game Selection".
  • edited August 2009
    Maybe I used the wrong word...I think that overall over 1000s and 1000s of games the same players will be consistantly making the final tables such as Sharksbite, theres still a massive skill factor and it does take a different kind of mind set to win the Open than it does a deepstack.

• edited August 2009
    I think Tikay's description sums it up pretty well actually!! What a ledge :D
  • edited August 2009
    Sharsbite running hot?????? she is absolutley sizzling, WAY TO GO, exellent player and great fun in the chatbox cant get better than that ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    i have never seen her chat barry.