You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
So I went to another site for a little SnG action.  The comments from other players there are generally moany, whiny and plain annoying.  This site also blocks your stats on Sharkscope unless you opt in (it amazes me how many people do opt in, do the hard work yourself if you want to keep your stats, don't put the information out there).

So we'e on the bubble, I'm the massive stack and on the BB.  The shorty shoves in and I call with A7 (loose I know but his range is massive IMO, a hit doesn't hurt me too much and the blinds are moving toward the hefty level).   His has A3 and I hold.  I get the usual abuse 'another reg donk' etc.  There's a pause in the vitriol (he's obviously just gone to Scope) and then I hear the new line.

"That must be why you are on the list."

I reply 'ohhh mystic scary list' and he goes on to say there's a list out there showing reg players who make -ev shoves and calls, and of course I'm on it.  I call bluff on this garbage, press him for an addy if it is true and of course I just get abuse back and an instruction to just google it.

Anyone else had this?  I'm 99% sure it is rubbish but that nagging doubt is in my head that it's true, and that's just annoying me.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds:
    So I went to another site for a little SnG action.  The comments from other players there are generally moany, whiny and plain annoying.  This site also blocks your stats on Sharkscope unless you opt in (it amazes me how many people do opt in, do the hard work yourself if you want to keep your stats, don't put the information out there). So we'e on the bubble, I'm the massive stack and on the BB.  The shorty shoves in and I call with A7 (loose I know but his range is massive IMO, a hit doesn't hurt me too much and the blinds are moving toward the hefty level).   His has A3 and I hold.  I get the usual abuse 'another reg donk' etc.  There's a pause in the vitriol (he's obviously just gone to Scope) and then I hear the new line. "That must be why you are on the list." I reply 'ohhh mystic scary list' and he goes on to say there's a list out there showing reg players who make -ev shoves and calls, and of course I'm on it.  I call bluff on this garbage, press him for an addy if it is true and of course I just get abuse back and an instruction to just google it. Anyone else had this?  I'm 99% sure it is rubbish but that nagging doubt is in my head that it's true, and that's just annoying me.
    Posted by TommyD
    Tommy, 1st of all I have to say that that, "at first I did, then I didn't, then I did" is an even more annoying catchphrase than Orford or Kendall have ever had. Sky have stitched you up.

Your question? No idea mate.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds:
    In Response to The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds : Tommy, 1st of all I have to say that that, "at first I did, then I didn't, then I did" is an even more annoying catchphrase than Orford or Kendall have ever had. Sky have stitched you up. Your question? No idea mate.
    Posted by bandini
    It's not a catchphrase Bandini, it's just something I said.  Oh my, you make it sound like I say it while lying next to Missus in answer to the question 'Did you like that dear?'

Although that was my answer one night after an 'experiment.'
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds : It's not a catchphrase Bandini, it's just something I said.  Oh my, you make it sound like I say it while lying next to Missus in answer to the question 'Did you like that dear?' Although that was my answer one night after an 'experiment.'
    Posted by TommyD
    lol

I know mate.

It's just that it's repeated so often on Sky.

But what was the original question that you "did, then you didn't, then you did?". I'm not that bothered, but Mr. Miyagi was asking me.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds : lol I know mate. It's just that it's repeated so often on Sky. But what was the original question that you "did, then you didn't, then you did?". I'm not that bothered, but Mr. Miyagi was asking me.
    Posted by bandini
    The whole question is on the promo.  Tikay asked me if I liked the King high flop?  I had QQ.  The whole answer refers to the play that takes place on the flop.  I get out bluffed by Bigshan who has ace high.  I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he shoves and I fold.  Hence did, didn't, did and finally didn't.
  • edited September 2010
    i presume there getting there stats from official poker ratings or a similar site
  • edited September 2010
    Its always better to be on the "list" rather than on the "register".
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: The new 'Your Stats Suck' line doing the rounds : lol I know mate. It's just that it's repeated so often on Sky. But what was the original question that you "did, then you didn't, then you did?". I'm not that bothered, but Mr. Miyagi was asking me.
    Posted by bandini
    I asked you to ask him out for me, not to get his life story.

I need a new wing man.