You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Software problems in tonight's Open?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Squeaked into the cash. Then decided to start playing.

Shoved with 10-10. Got called. The table then froze and the hand didn't even play out. Whole table admited it had froze with them too. The caller told me he had 3-3.

Got a bit deeper. Shoved with JJ. Same thing happened. Hand didn't even play out.

Now I know 10-10 and jj can be easily beaten but they're decent hands at this stage. I could easily have been making a run at the main prize. I won £45 but once I'd cashed I was going for it. Bad, bad, bad Sky. I'm just going to phone CS but from experience I know they're going to ask for hand ID's and that's a bit difficult when the hands seemingly didn't exist. I lose enough through my own idiocy without this happening. Not on.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Phoned them and they were polite enough. Goodwill gesture of £11 into my account. I guess that's about the best they can do. My 10s and js could have been beaten easily. I wasn't expecting the 1st prize paid to me. So fair enough Sky I suppose. But I'm still thinking what could have been.

The guy even suggested, repeatedly, that I update my java. Nnnooooo!!!! I do!!!! It happened to everybody at the table!!! Just as well I'm a happy drunk because that was starting to get to me. I was starting to argue. Starting to get mad.

But I guess that's fair enough all-in-all. I'd still rather have my hands ran out though. It's not every day I get that deep and I was gunning for 1st only.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open?:
    Phoned them and they were polite enough. Goodwill gesture of £11 into my account. I guess that's about the best they can do. My 10s and js could have been beaten easily. I wasn't expecting the 1st prize paid to me. So fair enough Sky I suppose. But I'm still thinking what could have been. The guy even suggested, repeatedly, that I update my java. Nnnooooo!!!! I do!!!! It happened to everybody at the table!!! Just as well I'm a happy drunk because that was starting to get to me. I was starting to argue. Starting to get mad. But I guess that's fair enough all-in-all. I'd still rather have my hands ran out though. It's not every day I get that deep and I was gunning for 1st only.
    Posted by bandini
    N1 M8Y & BIG THUMBS UP FOR CC !
  • edited September 2010
    Playing on one of the Mastercash tables tonight the table froze for 4 of us and sat us out

Yet Sky still refuse to admit it's their problem!
  • edited September 2010
    Playing on one of the Mastercash tables tonight the table froze for 4 of us and sat us out Yet Sky still refuse to admit it's their problem!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Well it IS their problem as this has happened to me on several occasions 2nite
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open? : N1 M8Y & BIG THUMBS UP FOR CC !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I guess.

Kinda.

Might actually have made me money. But I'd have taken my chances. Any day. I might have doubled my lowly cash. But I could have multiplied it by 50, possibly, maybe. I'll take 50/1 over 2/1 any day. Especially with 10s against 3s. And even with jjs against random.

CC couldn't, in all honesty, have been kinder. But I'm still as frustrated as, well, a frustrated thing.
  • edited September 2010
    I was just saying to my m8 why I wasn,t playing Poker and its because it disconnected me about 5 or 6 times early on around the time of the first hour of the Open and I thought it was my computer, but had other things running ok at the same time

i also lost money - I,l try CS
  • edited September 2010
    My big bling got raised after the flop 5 J 5, I couldnt see my cards as they didnt turn over for me, and so folded. I then seen I folded J 5. Can you belive it!

Hand History #289135186 (22:33 11/09/2010)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancelebuff69 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 27777.50 SolidStan1 Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 102995.76   Your hole cards 5 J       bandini Fold     gez_bear Fold     TIMELOR4 Fold     n1x0n Fold     lebuff69 Call  1500.00 6000.00 26277.50 SolidStan1 Check     Flop    5 J 5       lebuff69 Bet  3000.00 9000.00 23277.50 SolidStan1 Fold     lebuff69 Show 7 J    lebuff69 Win  6000.00  29277.50 lebuff69 Return  3000.00 0.00 32277.50
    Anyway, wasent all bad, as I went on to take 2nd place, losing with AA. My bad for slow playing.

Hand History #289166132 (23:54 11/09/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SolidStan1 Small blind  10000.00 10000.00 362920.14
    tallytink Big blind  20000.00 30000.00 519079.86
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

SolidStan1 Raise  50000.00 80000.00 312920.14
    tallytink Call  40000.00 120000.00 479079.86
    Flop

tallytink Check     
    SolidStan1 Bet  40000.00 160000.00 272920.14
    tallytink Call  40000.00 200000.00 439079.86
    Turn

• Q

tallytink Check     
    SolidStan1 Bet  40000.00 240000.00 232920.14
    tallytink Call  40000.00 280000.00 399079.86
    River

tallytink Bet  140000.00 420000.00 259079.86
    SolidStan1 All-in  232920.14 652920.14 0.00
    tallytink Call  92920.14 745840.28 166159.72
    SolidStan1 Show
    • A
    • A

tallytink Show

tallytink Win Straight to the 7 745840.28  912000.00
  • edited September 2010
    This is actually really bad.

You were at my table when the 10-10 one happened weren't you Stan? Might have moved by then, can't remember.

But your first hand illustrates how bad it was.

And your second hand is horrible, horrible, horrible. Seriously unlucky. But it should have been me sucking out on you :-)

Was going to rail you because I was sure it was you or me winning. Should have, quite obviously, been me.

wp though tallytink.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open? : Well it IS their problem as this has happened to me on several occasions 2nite
    Posted by dav1964
    I luv you Dav : ) xxx
  • edited September 2010
    so the cards you folded were then delt in the flop W T F, did I get that right or not.............SO glad I do not play hear anymore!
  • edited September 2010
    And that's hardly slow playing them Stan. You did everything right. But lucked out. Hey-ho.
  • edited September 2010
    so the cards you folded were then delt in the flop W T F, did I get that right or not.............SO glad I do not play hear anymore!
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    Erm, no, you didn't get that right.

You just made that up totally. Read again.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all. 

I have a thread all about this in the technical area of forum. Post ur moans there as the tech guys are def looking into it there.  HH would also be great as proves that it is a BIG PROBLEM.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open? : Erm, no, you didn't get that right. You just made that up totally. Read again.
    Posted by bandini

Ooopsy mis read the suits!!!!, still glad i dnt play hera anymore, faaaar too much of this stuff goes on. Why do sky say there "updating" there systems? surley if they updated them like they say they are then all this would not happen. Such a small site but sooo many of the same problems happening over and over again.
  • edited September 2010
    And that's hardly slow playing them Stan. You did everything right. But lucked out. Hey-ho.
    Posted by bandini
    Nah, I defo slow played it. If I shoved on the flop, I doubt tallytink could have called. There was chips in the middle to be taken. The more I look at that hand the moreIi see how bad I played it...
    Aghhh it hurts! 600 quid on that 1 hand!

But, well played tallytink, it was a good game...
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all.  I have a thread all about this in the technical area of forum. Post ur moans there as the tech guys are def looking into it there.  HH would also be great as proves that it is a BIG PROBLEM.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Christ. It's even happening to Phil.

I'm guessing his % of losing flips is now over 10%. Serious problems Sky!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open? : Ooopsy mis read the suits!!!!, still glad i dnt play hera anymore, faaaar too much of this stuff goes on. Why do sky say there "updating" there systems? surley if they updated them like they say they are then all this would not happen. Such a small site but sooo many of the same problems happening over and over again.
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    1st time it's ever happened to me. Just really annoyed me and couldn't have happened to me at a worse time.

The egg-heads surely wouldn't let you solicit on here anyway cj?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Software problems in tonight's Open? : Nah, I defo slow played it. If I shoved on the flop, I doubt tallytink could have called. There was chips in the middle to be taken. The more I look at that hand the moreIi see how bad I played it... Aghhh it hurts! 600 quid on that 1 hand! But, well played tallytink, it was a good game...
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Maybe. I don't think it was terrible play HU, tbh.

If it wasn't tally you know I'd have ground you down anyway. Damn software.