You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's official Primo Show thread.. With added SPT!!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Could you please ask Mr Harris if he too is having conection problems please?

Comments

• edited September 2010

Evening all non SPT going SP players!!

So it's all going well at SPT Notts..

Many have check, called and raised their way into day two and the chips are mounting.. Many have fallen by the wayside.. But all have played MAGNIFICENTLY (Well let's just go with that shall we?)!!

As well as following all the latest action from tonight's £30+3 PRIMO tournament, we'll also be receiving direct messages from Nottingham.. Via telephone.. Not Telepathy sadly. Although that would be fun...

It's getting close to the bubble as we speak and Sky Poker regulars BigShann, CoxyLboro and SolarCarro still in contention. With a MASSIVE £16,000 first prize at stake!!

My partner in crime will be one ED GIDDENS, so fasten your seat belts!!

As always your messages, emails, posts and texts are encouraged and I thought it may be nice if you posted your messages for the remaining players.. Or thoughts/memories of SPTs past!!

Good luck tonight wherever you are playing and hope to see you on a table or in the chatbox!!

xLM

• edited September 2010
    sorry won`t be in, will not risk my money as i keep getting disconnected, and no is letting me or anyone else with the same problem what is going on, i will watch the show though, so have a good un
  • edited September 2010
    My SPT memories -

Swansea - Played like a Donkey - enough said

Glasgow - Had 18K after 2 levels with average at around 5.4K, 3rd level and Im out

Luton - Had this fish/donkey/station on my table who called every raise then shoved every flop - yeah villais name was LML ;)

Overall SPT perception - Love It!! Great banter and it's not about the poker it's about the catching up and makig even more friends!!

Gl to all remaining in DTD!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's official Primo Show thread.. With added SPT!!:
    My SPT memories - Swansea - Played like a Donkey - enough said Glasgow - Had 18K after 2 levels with average at around 5.4K, 3rd level and Im out Luton - Had this fish/donkey/station on my table who called every raise then shoved every flop - yeah villais name was LML ;) Overall SPT perception - Love It!! Great banter and it's not about the poker it's about the catching up and makig even more friends!! Gl to all remaining in DTD!!
    Posted by dylan12
    LOL!! Only you Dyl.. Although it all seems very familiar...
  • edited September 2010
    I think i'll play tonight :)
  • edited September 2010
    I'm playing tonight and watching the show LML...

A shout out would be lovely darlin! :D

Looking forward too the show! 
  • edited September 2010
    im in. :D

Will also be watching, want some more air time lol :)

Also good luck to those left at Nottingham
  • edited September 2010

hi lml /ed

well im back so will play

rearly enjoyed all 3 spts iplayed in this year so thanks sky team

and i think after saturday at dtd sara36dd is out the bag and the myth is gone lol

ta mark
  • edited September 2010

Also back today after crashing in about 70th late last night, really enjoyed it and can't wait for the tour to start again next year.

GL to all players remaining!
  • edited September 2010

The SPT's are brilliant but my record in them not so go so far. Played 7 lost 7, no cashes.

Best memories, making over £200 each from sngs in Manchester and Glasgow while having great fun too! Ed was a great dealer in Manchester:)

Worst memory, four betting all in with J3 off suit pre-flop early in the Edinburgh leg. I was sure the guy would fold, but he didn't fold his A10, and tikay made my embarrassment worse with the microphone as i left my table looking like a right plonker.  

Good Luck to all the guys in Notts.

• edited September 2010
    Good luck gregg, i think u're great, everytime i read ur name i just hear ur voice of that tv advert saying orfords a fish lol

cheers fella.
  • edited September 2010

good luck in the show toninght LML and Ed,

three spts.

nottingham spt... knocked out early yesterday by check raising all in and was called by AA.  still in nottingham in the hotel until tomorrow.  faffing about.

swansea spt.  not fantastic.

glasgow spt.  cashed.  was chip-leader for two hours too.

my first experience was glasgow and things went downhill from there.  will be playing primo.  see you later on my wee netbook screen.

regards
    rob

• edited September 2010
    Well the Primo was good - lasted 6 minutes

Gl for rest of show - nothing to do but watch now lol
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys,

Would you mind playing hand id: #289351684

Little nosey to what my opponent had, also was woundering if i would have rights to float with only one over
  • edited September 2010
    Quick reminder:

If you email asking for a hand to be played, we need to know the hand id, otherwise it is impossible to comply with your request.

Thanks

A
  • edited September 2010
    Evening Ed,LML,

Back from SPT after crashing in about 70th late last night and trying my luck with Primo

Could you show hand 289354461 for me, for no other reason then I'd like to see if I made a decent fold or not... didn't want to just call my chips off with top pair but the spped of my opponents bets made me think I was good

Good luck to the remaining players in the SPT, really good structured tourney and whoever wins will be very deserving

Thanks

Pete
  • edited September 2010
    Well the Primo was good - lasted 6 minutes Gl for rest of show - nothing to do but watch now lol
    Posted by dylan12
    Biscuits ran out? lol
  • edited September 2010
    6 mins?! DYL!!
  • edited September 2010
    might wanna show this hand...

• edited September 2010
    6 mins is longer than the wife is used to
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's official Primo Show thread.. With added SPT!! : Biscuits ran out? lol
    Posted by acebarry10
    No, fully stocked with biscuits Baz - note to self - never play poker with "mates" egging you on to make calls - mate1 - "he's bluffing you, you got outs" me - "I aint got that many" mate 2 - "your such a push over (he used another word to replace push over which also began with P)" - What do I do - Call - all this just so they can laugh when I bust lol Who needs enemies when you got such "great" mates lol
  • edited September 2010
    Any chance to feature 289353252? I lost a bundle folding top pair and want to know if the other guy made his straight.

Cheers

Caspar10
  • edited September 2010
    lol @ Ed criticising the QQ, if i can get my money in ~80% everytime i'll take it

the primo's a tourny where u need to find these spots people who are willing to call it off with T7o
  • edited September 2010
    lol @ Ed criticising the QQ, if i can get my money in ~80% everytime i'll take it the primo's a tourny where u need to find these spots people who are willing to call it off with T7o
    Posted by SHANXTA
    just quick question ed ive been playing alot of live poker lately at luton and was on final table last sunday with mr tikay himself,ive been showing alot of hands lately tell me is this good or not,or is it best to do it now and again,cheers guys good luck to big shann whos on final table now as we speak    ,shauny
  • edited September 2010
    Running not to bad just now. Sitting pretty in 2nd :) Fingers crossed this can last. 

LM, PKRPar is pronounced PoKeRPar ;)
  • edited September 2010
    GL pkrpar, noticed you were among the leaders take it down my friend!
  • edited September 2010
    thx 4 replying to my post Ed

i'm not sure I completely exlpained my point

yeah its not great going out in level 1/2, but these are risks that it is necessary to take IMO

if u overraise the QQ pre u risk losing ur customers and getting no value

but how much of a better spot can u wait for, even if u get it AIPF with AA you're normally only ~80%
  • edited September 2010
    LOL I'M freaking Ed out! (sorry Ed)
  • edited September 2010
    LOL I'M freaking Ed out!
    Posted by LML
    Curse him for me lol

As soon as he said play AA KK QQ strongly, i get QQ and losea  flip lol.
  • edited September 2010
    play my hand Royal Flush on river, #289369716

Ed, did I bet too big on river?