You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lucky Full House

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
boozah Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.89
JGIBBRFC Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.58
  Your hole cards

tapeworm Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.38
Drpearson Call  £0.16 £0.38 £1.46
LUMP917 Fold     
gudlukinle Fold     
boozah Fold     
JGIBBRFC Raise  £0.36 £0.74 £3.22
tapeworm Call  £0.24 £0.98 £3.14
Drpearson Call  £0.24 £1.22 £1.22
Flop

• A
  • A

JGIBBRFC Check     
tapeworm Bet  £0.61 £1.83 £2.53
Drpearson Fold     
JGIBBRFC Call  £0.61 £2.44 £2.61
Turn

JGIBBRFC Check     
tapeworm Bet  £2.44 £4.88 £0.09
JGIBBRFC All-in  £2.61 £7.49 £0.00
tapeworm All-in  £0.09 £7.58 £0.00
JGIBBRFC Unmatched bet  £0.08 £7.50 £0.08
JGIBBRFC Show
  • J
  • A

tapeworm Show

River

tapeworm Win Full House, 8s and Aces £6.94  £6.94

Comments

• edited September 2010
    So although I won the hand, i have a feeling I played it quite badly.......although im not sure!! would like some opinions please. Should i have flat called the re raise pre?

Also was it worth me having a stab at taking down the pot on the flop.....it was highy likely one of these two had an Ace, especially the pre flop re raiser, right? Although i did feel I had to ask the question. I would have folded to any bet there after I think, if the 8 had not come down as his quick call on the flop was answer enough for me.
  • edited September 2010
    IMO I see nowt wrong with your play, the reraise was min you had odds to call, you bet the flop to ask do you have an A, he decides to slow play, you over took him on the turn.... NH WP!
  • edited September 2010
    i would never bet that flop. It's likely if you check it gets checked round anyway and you win the hand but in a 3 bet pot its very likely one of them has an ace.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Lucky Full House:
    i would never bet that flop. It's likely if you check it gets checked round anyway and you win the hand but in a 3 bet pot its very likely one of them has an ace.
    Posted by pryce6
    Only 2 A left, the chances reduce they have an A and more likely to be 3beting with KK QQ put the pressure on ask questions.
  • edited September 2010
    there are 4 people in the pot. I would say it is much more likely than not that someone has the ace.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Lucky Full House:
    there are 4 people in the pot. I would say it is much more likely than not that someone has the ace.
    Posted by pryce6
    Sorry pryce m8 totally missed there were 4 in the hand.... need to reed history better.

I have to agree more chance of an A out there..... but still only 2 left!
  • edited September 2010
    Good play you had to check for the ace, if u dont bet it gives players a chance to steal, nothing wrong with the bet into flop aslong as after you wouldnt of had anymore in the hand if the 8 had not come down.
    Wp nh
  • edited September 2010
    the whole point of betting is to get people to call with worse hands or fold better.

your flop bet achieves neither of these
  • edited September 2010
    I play the same PF.

I would check that flop because I am against multi opponents and I would expect 1 of them to have an ace or an overpair.. I think they still call my flop bet even with an overpair and I have to slow down on the turn if I miss.......... But happy days on turn!! :)