You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nottingham - WOW

edited September 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour

Had a blast at Nottingham. As ever, huge thanks to all the Sky staff who made the evnt so memorable. My story was quite a bizarre one. I was steady for the first few levels and went to the tea break with starting stack. Managed to get up to 22,000 chips, then blew most of them trying to push someone off a pot who had flopped 2 pairs after calling my decent rais ewith garbage.
So at 6,000 chips or so, tnhings changed in the most amazing fashion. I had the following 5 hands, on the bounce...
1. I push all in with AJ (suited) and get called by 77. I missed it all, but thought an ace on the river would give me a straight - it didn't come. The more sensible amongst you will reailse then when you are playing AJ, you havean ace in your hand, so I had hit the str8, and not realised it. People had to call meback after I shook the other guy's hand and stood up.
2. I get dealt QQ and push again and am called by AK - the queens hold up without and drama, and I've doubled up twice (plus blinds etc).
3. I get AK and double up again.
4. 99 this time, and call an all in from AK, knocking out the player when the 9s hold up.
5. Finally I get AK and call another all in of 55 and flop the K.
So I've gone from 6,000 chips to about 70,000 in 5 hands and ruined the tournament for 2 pleyers, and dented the stacks of another 3
Bizarrely 2 hands later I get 10 10 and manage to fold it after the flop to a guy who shows aces on a blank flop.
The rest of day 1 passed without incident, and I finished on 87,500 chips.
Day 2 was just a trudge, 2 steps forwards and one step back. I won a few pots uncontested, and nicked a few blinds before losing a few showdowns to players with smaller stacks - notably twice in a few minutes to Will Norsden the second with AQ to his 10 10. Then I lost a big all in with A 10 to A9 who hit the 9, and rivered the flush to turn the dagger.
After each set-back I kept recovering my stack with a mixture of moves and all-ins (Tikay calling me an animal will forever be a poker highlight).
Finally with blinds at 5,000 10,000 and antes of 1,000 (so 24,000 in the pot), I made a move from the button and went all in with Q7 suited, only to get a snap call from the small blind who is sitting on 10 10. I miss everything and finally leave the tournament in 14th place (ruing my move, as there was a 200 pound climb for the next place).
Great to meet the usual Sky UK Poker Tour regs...
Flashflush
Solarcarro and wife
DaveyZZ
Delta
Volcan0
Mogsy and wife
and especially LCFCFan14 who was also playing and drove down with me
(Sorry to the many omissions from the list).
Also a big thank you to the folks of the forum - it really makes a difference.

I'm probably going to have a little time away from the tables, but look forward to pitting my (limited) wits against you all in the near future.

Now my wife is off to spend £500 !

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Well done Eyeman very well played.  Was great to meet you and donate some chips to you on your nice bluff ;o)  I know you didnt have the nut flush ....lol

Was a great weekend and I have learned a lot and I hope your wife enjoys spending the £500!!

Sian (aka Yorkie74 - Solar's fiance)
  • edited September 2010
    Played with you at some point im sure. Nice one :)
  • edited September 2010
    many many congrts m8 u did well sir.del
  • edited September 2010
    nice story and well done, enjoyed reading this :o)
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, for a good hour or two I did play with a gobby bloke with a cap on (sitting to my right) and I thought he'd probably gone and killed himself after losing to AQ to AQ that flushed to the ace. Good to chat, Beaneh.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham - WOW:
    Yes, for a good hour or two I did play with a gobby bloke with a cap on (sitting to my right) and I thought he'd probably gone and killed himself after losing to AQ to AQ that flushed to the ace. Good to chat, Beaneh.
    Posted by Eyeman

That was me 'running well' for the weekend sigh, flopped 5 sets only won with 1 :p
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham - WOW : That was me 'running well' for the weekend sigh, flopped 5 sets only won with 1 :p
    Posted by beaneh
    I think if you had eaten that sandwich a bit quicker beaneh maybe the cards would have run well for you, though I think it was either my t-shirt or your book that distracted you from tearing up the table at the start.lol.  For those who didnt have the pleasure of sitting next to beaneh, the studious young chap had brought some light reading material to fill the pauses (!)  between the hands - something about the mathematical history of longitude and latitude - or along those drift. Next time I'm gonna bring along War and Peace........
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham - WOW : I think if you had eaten that sandwich a bit quicker beaneh maybe the cards would have run well for you, though I think it was either my t-shirt or your book that distracted you from tearing up the table at the start.lol.  For those who didnt have the pleasure of sitting next to beaneh, the studious young chap had brought some light reading material to fill the pauses (!)  between the hands - something about the mathematical history of longitude and latitude - or along those drift. Next time I'm gonna bring along War and Peace........
    Posted by TheBouncer

The bouncer had his own tshirt printed up it scared the pap out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read Fermats Last Theorem on Friday night, Longitude on Saturday day whilst losing the tournie, then the Diving bell and the butterfly on the Sunday. Should have brought one more but wasn't expecting to get through 3 books!!

Live can often get a tad snooze-tastic so books are a must imo, otherwise i'd have been talking rubbish (even more than I did)!!!!