You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September)

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
What's everyones thoughts on this game? It could easily end in a landslide victory for Man U but ever the optimist i reckon Rangers will sneak a result (no sniggering please). Possibly 1-1 or even 1-0 with Kenny Miller getting the goal. I don't think Man U have as much quality as they did when we faced them in 2003 and with a bit of luck they are beatable even at Old Trafford. But if i'm being honest i would be happy with us just avoiding a heavy defeat and scoring a goal in the process.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    3-0 united is my prediction.

the more important scoreline is of course that of Spurs/Bremen ;)
  • edited September 2010

I'd love to see an upset !!!

I agree that United are alot weaker than last time the 2 met, but unfortunately so are Rangers. The Scottish 'big 2' are just going backwards,

United have been in decline for a few years also, Fergie continues to refuse to sign anyone, even Everton had a stronger bench than them on Saturday, and they had loads of injuries.

United to win tho, just because Rangers r so bad....

I agree with Snowy though, the big game that night is in Germany, Spurs have a team/squad to go far !!

Also Donny v Leeds friday night ;) woooooooo
  • edited September 2010

Hmmm.

Interesting

As a Rangers man id love to see an upset, unfortunetly with Broadfoot and Wittaker both uncertain ir leaves us a huge hole at the back. Foster is certainly not ready for Champions League football.

Alan McGregor could once again prove massive, and its hard not to see Kenny Miller scoring.

We also have one of the best midfields we've had in a while, if Davis is kept through the middle with Edu or McCulloch holding. I also like to see Wiess playing on the left instead of Lafferty, with Naismith on the right.

Weir at the bac provides good experiance for Rangers but i think in this enviroment Webster/Bougherra back two would be stronger.

Man Utd im not so sure on. I never keep up.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September):
    Hmmm. Interesting As a Rangers man id love to see an upset, unfortunetly with Broadfoot and Wittaker both uncertain ir leaves us a huge hole at the back. Foster is certainly not ready for Champions League football. Alan McGregor could once again prove massive, and its hard not to see Kenny Miller scoring. We also have one of the best midfields we've had in a while, if Davis is kept through the middle with Edu or McCulloch holding. I also like to see Wiess playing on the left instead of Lafferty, with Naismith on the right. Weir at the bac provides good experiance for Rangers but i think in this enviroment Webster/Bougherra back two would be stronger. Man Utd im not so sure on. I never keep up.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Whittaker is fit mate, i honestly think some of his runs are first class, it's jsut a shame he's not as good defensively. Weir will probably be one of the first names on the teamsheet but his distribution is awful and i fear for him pace wise. I think this is the type of game that big Lee McCulloch could pop up with a headed goal, i just have that feeling. Like you say McGregor could make or break us.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : Whittaker is fit mate, i honestly think some of his runs are first class, it's jsut a shame he's not as good defensively. Weir will probably be one of the first names on the teamsheet but his distribution is awful and i fear for him pace wise. I think this is the type of game that big Lee McCulloch could pop up with a headed goal, i just have that feeling. Like you say McGregor could make or break us.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Thats great that Whittaker is fit, i think he was the perfect man to replace Hutton if he can sort those odd defensive errors.

McCulloch is simply brilliant in the air, im a little worried about the reception we might get however expessually towards the fans, hense why ive refused to buy a ticket,
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : Thats great that Whittaker is fit, i think he was the perfect man to replace Hutton if he can sort those odd defensive errors. McCulloch is simply brilliant in the air, im a little worried about the reception we might get however expessually towards the fans, hense why ive refused to buy a ticket,
    Posted by The_Don90
    I hear Broadfoot is 80% to be fit as well, so that's another option for RB and Whittaker could play RM.

I've been offered a ticket for the home end which i'm sitting right now agonising over whether or not i should take it. I live about 30 miles from Manchester so getting there's not a problem but not celebrating if/when we score would be so hard to pull off.
  • edited September 2010
    I can't see beyond a Utd win here tbh although the 1/5 on offer has absolutely zero appeal so I'll probably back them in the -1 handicap @ 4/7 (it's 6/4 for -2 but I'm not so convinced by that).
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : I hear Broadfoot is 80% to be fit as well, so that's another option for RB and Whittaker could play RM. I've been offered a ticket for the home end which i'm sitting right now agonising over whether or not i should take it. I live about 30 miles from Manchester so getting there's not a problem but not celebrating if/when we score would be so hard to pull off.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Id snap tickets for the Inrox game but the Manchester game warrys me, i refused to even attempt to get a ticket, after the UEFA cup final i dont think we're going to be very welcome
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : Id snap tickets for the Inrox game but the Manchester game warrys me, i refused to even attempt to get a ticket, after the UEFA cup final i dont think we're going to be very welcome
    Posted by The_Don90
    I decided against taking the so i'll be watching it at home instead. I'd rather enjoy the game in comfort than deal with the potential hassle of being stuck in with Man U fans.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : I decided against taking the so i'll be watching it at home instead. I'd rather enjoy the game in comfort than deal with the potential hassle of being stuck in with Man U fans.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    lol yea, i was in Manchester the day of th "riots" was all blown over board, was never as bad as they made out.

However i think they might come for revenge now.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : lol yea, i was in Manchester the day of th "riots" was all blown over board, was never as bad as they made out. However i think they might come for revenge now.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I was in Albert Square that night, there was a lot of idiots out and about. The only real trouble at the bit i was at was bottles of pish being chucked into crowds of people.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : I was in Albert Square that night, there was a lot of idiots out and about. The only real trouble at the bit i was at was bottles of pish being chucked into crowds of people.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    I was just round from Picadilly whats it called, i cant mind, my uncle was disabled and it felt over crowded so we left and found a nice little pub called "the pub" which had the game and a few loyal blue supporters, and the atmosphere was good. On the way back to the car people kept stopping us warning that riot police where out and stuff was being thrown.
  • edited September 2010
    haha, i see 1 fool (the draw) and 3 complete idiots (rangers win lol) have voted so far! and they say the irish are daft lol
  • edited September 2010
    10 changes to the Man U team from the weekend!!!

Official

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Fabio Da Silva, Valencia, Fletcher, Gibson, Park, Rooney, Hernandez

Subs: Van der Sar, Owen, Anderson, Giggs, O'Shea, Jonathan Evans, Macheda

Rangers: McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Naismith, Miller

Subs: Alexander, Lafferty, Foster, Beattie, Weiss, Little, Hutton

Referee: Olegario Benquerenca (Portugal)

• edited September 2010
    haha, i see 1 fool (the draw) and 3 complete idiots (rangers win lol) have voted so far! and they say the irish are daft lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    OOPS!! maybe im the fool lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : OOPS!! maybe im the fool lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Not our words.

Well Done to the fool (whoever you are) who predicted the Draw and also backed Rangers at (+1) on the Handicap though.

Enjoy your night FILEPSEBO ;0)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Manchester United V Rangers (Tuesday 14th September) : Not our words. Well Done to the fool (whoever you are) who predicted the Draw and also backed Rangers at (+1) on the Handicap though. Enjoy your night FILEPSEBO ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    I will my friend, very much so.....
  • edited September 2010

i crashed out and slept all the way through this :'(.

Good result tho, Rangers to win the CL lol