You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

missing on the flop,turn,river

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i always watch the Primo lives and Bounty Hunters live,they are good shows when Lisa Marie is on there :).... when i have a A K,A Q,A J or even A 10 high i always put a little raise in then keep missing on the flop,turn and sometimes the river do i persist with this or LIMP in MOST POTS with A high,because their is always somebody who will put a bet in on the FLOP and i miss out????

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Big As in an unopened pot is a strong hand.

Raise pre.  Standard is 3/4 times BB but if there are limpers then add on a 'tax' of 1bb per limper.

Continue betting on 'safe' flops.  Say you have AQ of hearts and the board is K 7 3 rainbow then that is a fairly safe flop to c-bet as if you are called you can instatnly lock down and not put in a penny more (unless the turn/river are good for you ofc!) as to continue on that kinda board they have to hvae a very narrow range of hands.

If you do hit your A/K/Q etc then just bet strong and continue to do so as long as the board doesn't get straighty/flushy.