You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts on this?

ybyb
edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a pretty passive reg, fairly certain he only likes 4betting with AA/KK pre. Normally he only ever raises when he thinks he's ahead, hands like AJ/AQ would be in his calling range pre but I dont think he raises the flop with these very much. Basically on the river I think he has AK a lot of the time here, so what do you think of the shove?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jimmynoleg Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £100.53
humpo Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £194.97
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

ajs4385 Fold        
villain
Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £218.01
yb Raise   £10.00 £14.50 £154.51
jimmynoleg Fold        
humpo Fold        
villain Call   £7.00 £21.50 £211.01
Flop

• A

villain Check        
yb Bet   £13.00 £34.50 £141.51
villain Raise   £39.00 £73.50 £172.01
yb Call   £26.00 £99.50 £115.51
Turn

• Q

villain Check        
yb Check        
River

villain Check        
yb All-in   £115.51 £215.01 £0.00

Comments

• edited September 2010
    yeah i like it, it looks like a steal bet on the flop, what happened?
  • edited September 2010
    3b bigger pre as we are 150bb+, id make it 10bb at 100bb eff fwiw.

tbh i just think hes bluffing a ton when he raises flop and checks turn. if you dont expect him to do it with AQ/AJ then i think id bet small to induce, if u think he will fold AK then its fine

• edited September 2010
    dont like riv. against some people you can just check river and lose against others I might put in a small bet but not a shove.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    I thought my 3b size was ok from the btn at the time tbh, but yeah as he had started to call my 3bets pretty wide this deep I probably could make it 1-2bbs more.

Beaneh I was close between checking and shoving, didnt really like betting small though as I cant see him calling with worse or c/r bluffing even if I bet the gayest amount ever.

• edited September 2010
    if he cant call with worse to a small bet how is he calling a shove?

if he deffo doesn't bluff/payoff just check and see his hand for shure.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    The only reason I bet was to try to fold out AK tbh, I know I'm never getting called by worse. If I think his range is made up of mostly combos of AK and some bluffs (and maybe a couple of weirdly played hands that beat me that he decided not to bet the river with), then cant shoving be good if he folds AK a decent % of the time?
  • edited September 2010
    if he can have + fold ace king here, then shoving is prob bad because of how bad he is lol