You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

excellent w/end at 'DTD'

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
After qualifying for the SPT final, I was really excited and a little nervous as this was my first ever live tournament. Having got there, the greeting was fantastic, and gave Tikay a packet of Hob Nobs as I believe that nobody else got a look in the last time the coffee and biscuits were handed around.. 
One of the best parts of the tournie, was meeting fellow players face to face and what a great bunch of guys they are too.  helpful tips for playing live,  from the more experience players. Unfortunately my tournament ended around 8pm saturday night.. short stacked, I went all in KK... called by Nutter5932 with AQ suited heart... flop Jh 10h x turn x... thought home and dry..then there it was the big A on the river..game over.. I learnt a lot from my experience as I am sure other newbees to live poker did also.
Having being knocked out, I want a watch a few other tables and chatted to other players that had alsoby fallen by the wayside. The atmoshphere between the players and in general was buzzing even if they were no longer participating.  e
Poor old Tikay..ran his pocket A's off all weekend..you have my complete respect sir... what a guy!!.
Having not cashed or gotten near to it.. although I was in profit from qualifying attempts, I wanted some action and after winning £30 in an s'n'g...then loosing £13 in another..I decided to have a go at the 50p-£1 cash tables... should have done it sooner... £40 of chips turned into just short of £200 in less than an hour.. an all in against my AAAJJ f/h and another with trip 9's... it finished the w/end on an absolute high for me. 
THANK YOY SKY POKER... no other site offers so many so much...  

Comments