You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Downloadable client

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
There has been a lot of interest and debate for the last year or two as to the imminent introduction of the skypoker downloadable client. Now im pretty poor when it comes to computers, yeh i know the basics, and i think the system sky uses now is we download from the net? and the downloadable client is from your hard-drive? Am i right so far peeps? so my question now is, why all the furore about getting a downloadable client? what are the positives and negatives of using each system? I believe one positive of the current system is no bots or trend systems can be used? Thoughts please everyone!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Basically

you use your internet browser to play on sky poker (or you tv obv)

the download client will let you download some software to your computers hard drive that you will then run your games on. this allows sky to have more control and optimise the software better to suit your/our needs.

I'd be totally speculating if I said that the beta (first test version for the public) should be available within the next fortnight, then they get to see to any initial problems or teething issues and then after that it would be released to the wider public.  You will still be able to play on your browser/tv, the download client should make things quicker/more stable and less reliant on the ability of your computer to handle lots of flash clients loaded.

I saw the download client at DTD, it will be here soon :-)

Gl at the tables beaneh.
  • edited September 2010

While the tekkies will obviously be reading this thread.........

Can anyone on sky help me out? Bit weird what Im gonna ask for........

I want help downloading/ installing/ and working Hold em manager!

Recently had a win on another site and wanna start using it to play thru the day.....Ive tried using the free trial of tracker, and I couldn't set it up at all, and it tilted me to death.

If anyone cud help me, I have skype or cud ring u for over the fone instructions............Long shot like but Im not as weird as mad-horse I promise yaz.

Can anyone help me? if so I'll pm ya.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable client:
    While the tekkies will obviously be reading this thread......... Can anyone on sky help me out? Bit weird what Im gonna ask for........ I want help downloading/ installing/ and working Hold em manager! Recently had a win on another site and wanna start using it to play thru the day.....Ive tried using the free trial of tracker, and I couldn't set it up at all, and it tilted me to death. If anyone cud help me, I have skype or cud ring u for over the fone instructions............Long shot like but Im not as weird as mad-horse I promise yaz. Can anyone help me? if so I'll pm ya.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    try this mate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3RGSR0DADg
    thenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIiYEg_AsE&feature=related and so on..........
  • edited September 2010
    sky wont help you with that lmao

just click buttons am sure you'll hit the right ones.

if not the hem forums have all you could need and more it's really really easy to set up.
  • edited September 2010
    Don't hold your breath...it is just laughable the amount of time that Sky have taken over this.  Big sites like Stars implement changes and upgrades WEEKLY whereas Sky take forever to change a fuse.

Basically they are a sixpenny outfit running twopenny software which translates into 101 excuses why it 'took so long'

Laughable, just laughable
  • edited September 2010
    sky wont help you with that lmao just click buttons am sure you'll hit the right ones. if not the hem forums have all you could need and more it's really really easy to set up.
    Posted by beaneh
    C'mon fella give over LMAO'ng at me. 

I don't want help from sky obv, I want help from the people on this forum. Im sure theres ppl who use/have used it, who aren't 100nl+ regs here, so might give me the time of day.

Im terrible with technology, I downloaded the free trial of poker tracker, maybe 3 months ago, followed the online tutorial, and it got me no-where, apart from tilt-town.

I want someone to get the 'setting up process' on their screen as I'm trying to do it on mine - then they can talk me thru it and I can't go wrong.

If anyone thinks they can help, post here or PM me plz, V much appre-she-hated! :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable client : C'mon fella give over LMAO'ng at me.  I don't want help from sky obv, I want help from the people on this forum. Im sure theres ppl who use/have used it, who aren't 100nl+ regs here, so might give me the time of day. Im terrible with technology, I downloaded the free trial of poker tracker, maybe 3 months ago, followed the online tutorial, and it got me no-where, apart from tilt-town. I want someone to get the 'setting up process' on their screen as I'm trying to do it on mine - then they can talk me thru it and I can't go wrong. If anyone thinks they can help, post here or PM me plz, V much appre-she-hated! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ok.

what program have you downloaded?

what operating system do you run?

did you download anything to do with postgreSQL?

do you have 'save my hand histories' ticked on your other site?

if you got this far, did you manage to import anything? 

if so at what point are you having a problem?
  • edited September 2010
    Holdem Manager is better imo
  • edited September 2010

The last time I tried, I downloaded poker tracker, and deffo remember dloading the postgreSQL thing!! Although I had no idea what it was.

I have a new laptop, so wont have any hand histories saved and didn't get close to importing anything.

But anyway this time I wanna get holdem manager, apparently thats better anyway.....^^^^^^^

So I'm starting totally from scratch.......
  • edited September 2010
    HEM is better IMO, When i got a new laptop all i had to do was put in the key code again i didnt have to mess with anything the new update did it for me.
  • edited September 2010
    The last time I tried, I downloaded poker tracker, and deffo remember dloading the postgreSQL thing!! Although I had no idea what it was. I have a new laptop, so wont have any hand histories saved and didn't get close to importing anything. But anyway this time I wanna get holdem manager, apparently thats better anyway.....^^^^^^^ So I'm starting totally from scratch.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

ok well a - yes HEM is better b- tis easy c- my answer of check the hem forums stands (all the info you need is there + THEY also do the whole teamviewer your screen if you are having any major issues).

Download hem

download postgresql and set it up again if you need to

go to hem folder and right click the exe file and set it to run as administrator

make sure the other site saves hh's in the menu system, find the folder it saves them to, enter this folder in the import information in hem.

click 'import' and see whether you have any problems.

if it seems to work then you should start to build a db.

then look through your stuff in either the cash or tourny report tabs. 

simples.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable client : C'mon fella give over LMAO'ng at me.  I don't want help from sky obv, I want help from the people on this forum. Im sure theres ppl who use/have used it, who aren't 100nl+ regs here, so might give me the time of day. Im terrible with technology, I downloaded the free trial of poker tracker, maybe 3 months ago, followed the online tutorial, and it got me no-where, apart from tilt-town. I want someone to get the 'setting up process' on their screen as I'm trying to do it on mine - then they can talk me thru it and I can't go wrong. If anyone thinks they can help, post here or PM me plz, V much appre-she-hated! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol @ "tilt town"
  • edited September 2010

Post Edited, for contextual reasons. ;) 

PS - Good work, Mods.
  • edited September 2010
    ob having a good day on the tables, lol