You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT, DTD - A weekend in the surreal world of Mr Plop

edited September 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
It all started 6am on Friday, when the alarm went off, Why did i start to watch a late film on terrestrial-TV in my bed??? So after hitting the 5-minute snooze button 5-6 times, my decision of wether to go via Aberdeen or Inverness has been solved. Armed with my print-outs of timetables I set off to Elgin train station to catch the 0700 to Inverness. A quick smoke or 2/3 during my 5-minute connection at Inverness and im hurtling my down to Edinburgh with Doyle Brunsons Super System helping to pass the hours. The journey goes well, train is quiet and no annoying fellow travellers. Happy days. Next up is the Edinburgh-London and my final change at Grantham. All goes well again and this is quite a relaxing stress-free travel day. Then reality hits in just outside Newark. We crawl at snails pace until the guard informs us that due to stolen copper overhead wires we have to wait for clearance to go through each signal. Eventually pulling into Newark 90!!!! yes 90 minutes late, our intrepid hero decides time waits for no man and  disembarks for a £45 taxi fare from Newark to Nottingham.
The room at the Britannia Hotel is pretty basic , but I did have a lovely view over wat seemed a beautiful city from my 8th floor window, including the castle itself.
Half an hour later and I get the text from Captain Trippy saying shes on way so I wait outside hotel for a cig or 2 or 3,,,,,ok it was 4!!! A taxi pulls up and some mad woman is waving frantically in the back seat.........methinks this must be Irene perhaps.
"oi ploppers, carry my bag!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bloody hell, women really do take the kitchen sink when they travel.

Taxi is ordered while she checks-in and we're soon on our way on our maiden visit to Dusk til Dawn via a tobacconist :). Get myself registered for the £60 NL freeze-out and Irene registers for the rebuy satelitte tourny. Meet my good friends Dave and Sian (solar and yorkie), see the legend himself, Sir Tikay of Kendall and head off to the bar. Irene gets str8 into the pints and lightweight me decided on soft drinks for the weekend ( at least that was the plan).
Tournament begins and I'm on the same table as SolarDave, fairly tight to begin with and Dave takes most pots in the opening hour. He's on a roll at the moment, running good and playing well. Chuffed for him, he's a good bloke. I manage to get in cheeply with pocket 5's and see a 5-5-7 flop..............hmmmm, do i really have the other two 5's???? and how do i get paid!!!!
No sign of Aaron Machplop, and we debate wether to register him for the rebuy, eventually he does arrive in time to play but both he and Irene fail unfortunately :(

Anyway, i'm loosening up and flat call a short-stacked Kidgrimsby's big blind with AK soooooooooooooted, waiting and ready to re-pop, another caller b4 BB makes it 4*BB to go................hmmmmmmm, this is going to plan............boom 3* that raise,...................yikes he's all in for another half that raise.............so automatic snap-call fearing the worst but happy to be raising against QQ..................no surprise when i dont hit, not running well at the mo and no complaints when played my short-stacked AQ poorly half hour latyer and run into trip 6s.............oh well time to relax and chill.......

I blame whoever bought me my first pint for the subsequent events of the night................a few more pints then its onto the Jagermeister, b4 i know it the Jagerbombs are thrown down my throat rather unwillingly. Manage to donk off completely in the fun-packed SnGs, eventually heading back to the hotel at about 2 and sharing a coffee or 2 til almost breakfast time...............Cant believe some people actually tried to open the bar shutters at 5am , I will refrain from naming them to protect...................

Next morning, 10am and i trip into town for coffee, bacon roll and cash-machine........well that was the plan til I got to the ATM and realised my bankcard was still in my room. Off i trudge hungry, penniless, SMOKELESS and slightly hungover back to the hotel..............hmmmmmm...............how come I've got 4 cards for my room??? and do any of them actually work..............another trip down the lift for a new card and finally in my room.............an hour later and I'm fed, smoked coffeeeeed and armed with Monopoly-style £20 notes....

Noon, and wandering around the hotel trying to find Maid Marion, I bump into the evil sherriff of Nottingham himself, MacMaxaploppally. The four of us text and phone each other b4 eventually meeting up in the bar for quick refreshment then a dash to DTD so i can watch Everton. Well, that was the plan.......................leaving the adjacent car park , Aaron's SatNav takes us into a 1-way system, we do a quick U-turn and Maxplop eyes (he says) an attractive lady, window rolled down, shades on "well hiiiiiiiiiii" he says.............the lady/girl looks quizzically b4 grabbing her mobile and phoning childline I believe???!!!!!!????!!!!

So, making our way down Maid Marion Way, with Irene our very own Maid Marion, Aaron being Robin Hood, as he proved in the SnGs that night and Alan as the (LOCAL) sherriff of Nottingham, our very own band of merry men and woman cannot get lost with our LOCAL expert giving the directions. I've not decided which of the merry men I am but think perhaps a more thinner and drunker version of Friar Tuck??.

45-minutes later and we are hurtling down the M1 thanks to "Mr trust me i'm local i know this city like the back of my hand".

We eventually arrive at DTD, meet a few acquaintences , new and old....a few photo opportunites and play begins.,.........I'm sat down at table 23 and the seat on my left is vacant........hmmmmmm that could be nice later on.............being a huge Everton fan, im more interested in the TV screen behind me but notice that 3 of the table are here to raise raise raise (cant remember names but recognise the talented Ash Chirpyplop on the other end of table)...........some young dude takes the seat beside me and promptly does some rather flashy chip-tricks which fail to impress me as I think "mail-hen".........anyway, I degress, Everton are losing 3-1 and score a goal in injurytime..............bloody typical i think consolation goal...........YYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS you F%£&%&ng BEAUTY GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" oops stay ion control David. a 3-3 draw means I win my fiver side-bet with DaveSolar. Irene and Aaron are doing a great job taking pics and supplying soft drinks, I realx and start to win a few pots.
Anyway this chip-tricker wats his name I wonder.........lolufold......................no really.......................LOLUFOLd.................now I dont know wat other people think but playing with him and chatting with him for 5-6 hours I can honestly say he's a great guy and his play is way on another level from anyone else on the table, even though he exited early........was a pleasure playing (watching) with a down-to-earth pro!!!!!!!

I know this sounds pitiful, but I really was card-dead all day, never really getting above my starting stack and as the blinds and antes creep up , I find myself in 3-bet shove or fold mode........The first of which sees my AQc called by AQd, the flop is rainbow, no club but diamond, turn diamond........no, please dont go out this way.............safe.....river is blank..............
ok, next opportunity to double up sees the opposite of my race the previous evening as my QQ is called by AK............unsprisingly the K came first card out on the flop............boom..wiiiiiiiiiiii.........im out.......I wish all the players luck, aopologise to the table for my lack of play on the day, honour the bounty on my head, which was drunk graciously by opponent, gotta thank him for that................its back to the bar , a few SnGs including GlitterWayne and family, DanChubbyplop, and a rather quiet Pooooooooooooooolyplopppppppppppppy.
A good evening, I believe was had by all.

Arriving back at the hotel 3am, Me and maxaplop have a final cigarette and 2 ladies walk buy.........the sit outside our hotle and give us sob-stories......on the phone to her ex, I suddenly become Kirk??? Yes Captain plop was momentarily Captain Kirk...........me and max get in the lift and another 2 young girls get in.........max gets off on 3rd floor and the girls are going up to level 8 with me...........woosh the doors open...........i let the girls out first and immediately the blonde one is set upon by a "friend" with stilettos............shoes are flying everywhere, hair pulled, tops falling down.its chaos and Captain Kirk manages to seperate them and all back in room, I phone Maxplop to tell him and he says "did you take pictures? or record it?" why didnt you phone me earlier????"

Well , Beam me up Scotty.......im off to sleep

Decided, having spent enough money, to head home on my 11-hr journey north sunday but had a great weekend and will apologise if i miss anyone off my list of shout-outs
SolarDave
YorkieSian
DAn Chubby
Mike1965
Jamieplop
Chirpyplop
Glitterplop
Darichplop
Solack
Ratboy
Flash
Colin CB222222222
Dave Manc
SkyDave/rich etc
Tikay and J-Hart
Eyeman
Brutas
lolufold
saraploppy36dds
poooolyplopy
bennutter
daiboot
mrsbootplop
I could go on and on...........as always, my SPT memories are the people.................your all an assett to the community

I huge thank you to All the sky people, Tikay is a legend and always superb, SPT and SkyDave deserve honoured for all the superb updates and photos (please dave pm me the 1s im in and dont put on forum lol) but im gonna save my specail thank you to all the other members of the skypoker team, doing all the behind the scenes work

finally, Wat can I say about the venue..................Mr Trumper was a great host and all the dealers and barstaff were polite friendly and fun...............i even had 1 dealer calling me Mr Jager all day lol.

To everyone at Skypoker, Dusk Til Dawn and all my fellow players/ railers , THANK YOU for a great weekend

ps the biggest shout-out goes to my fellow hotel-mates Aaron, Alan and Irene..................cheers guys we're all Team KnightPlop now :):):)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Wicked report of the weekend Mr Plop

Still say I represented Team Dohhhhhhh very well,

Your fiver needs paid so next one it is (I will even accomodate you for free if it is where I think it is!!)

SolarDaveplop
  • edited September 2010
    Great read, Jaeger - thanks. Was good to be sitting besides you (albeit on the next table) for much of the day.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks Dave, just hope it doesnt collide with my days working in the north sea..........yup mr eyeman, always a ppleasure, managed a couple of quick chats but you need to take up smoking lol for longer chats
  • edited September 2010
    Great read Ploppers! And thanks for the jaegerbombs! :-)
  • edited September 2010
    lol your welcome Jamie-lou, nice meetiong both you and mike, and unlucky in main event.
    next time its jagerbombs after SPT lol not b4 :(
  • edited September 2010

Nice read Mr Ploppy! Pleasure to meet you at DTD and a fairly good eventful week end!! I'm knackered but it was all worth it!!!

HIGHLIGHTS- Knocking TRIP5 outta the sit and go with..errrr....TRIP5's (sorry Irene xx)
    Knocking Dan outta the sit and go and getting his 'bounty' (he kept the 12 mars bars though, lol)
    Meeting some new faces from the forum.

LOWLIGHTS  - Machkaluckydonk winning the sit and go and me only getting runners up! (cheers for all your driving Aaron, top bloke!)
    Not cashing :(

TEAM KNIGHTPLOP FTW!!!!

Cheers,

Alan
  • edited September 2010

highlights - max's hello hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lowlights- not phoning max when fight was going on

lol SnG action later teammates :)

• edited September 2010
    lol sounds hilarious!!! Glad you all had fun!
  • edited September 2010
    Good report there Jaeger.  I told you it wouldnt be a t-total weekend didnt I.......lol.

Was yet another fab weekend and I cant wait for the next one which will hopefully be soon.

Sian
    x

ps does that mean we are all knightploppers now???   lol
  • edited September 2010

EXCELLENT WORK MR KNIGHTPLOPPER FROM PLOPVILLE.....THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH FOR THE BAG CARRYING, TEA MAKING AND CARDIGAN GIVING :o)

JUST FOR THE RECORD IT WASN'T ME TRYING TO BREAK INTO THE BAR AT 5.30AM......HOWEVER I'LL PRESERVE THE PLOPPERS DIGNITY BY WITHHOLDING THE NAME BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS KNIGHTPLOPPERS

WE STAND AS ONE!

xx

• edited September 2010
    Great read Jaegerbomb, once again great playing and seeing you again, along with everyone else. Even though Irene scared me to death, lol...

See you in Blackpool????? Hopefully

GB
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT, DTD - A weekend in the surreal world of Mr Plop:
    Great read Jaegerbomb, once again great playing and seeing you again, along with everyone else. Even though Irene scared me to death, lol... See you in Blackpool????? Hopefully GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Likewise Wayne, Always a pleasure meeting up with you.............1 question......how do you manage to always look soooooo cool lol????

And Irene aint toooooo scary after a while, she's a great girl.....just a bit "quiet"

Unfortunately cant make Blackpool due to work commitments but will check the tour dates with my calendar asap and hopefully manage 2 or 3 events and the final..........now i'm on a contract I also get 2 weeks holiday a year, so will do everything possible to make the Final in 2011.................Thats right, 2 weeks holiday on top of my 3 and 3 means I only work 24 weeks a year:):):):)

See you on the 0.5/£1 or £1/£2 when I get home......................Thanks to all you guys from the weekend, even though I was card-dead and donking, I think I've found the sparkle and the drive to start playing again:):)
  • edited September 2010
    Nice blog Skipper

Good to see a good time was had by all

Hope to get to one in the near future to meet up with you all

Squawkey

• edited September 2010
    Brilliant recap of the weekend.  Can't say I remember much about the trip down from Scotland but the rest rings true.

Obviously great to meet the players I now class as friends at DTD, you're all great people and that's what really makes these weekends.

I hope to get to as many of these as possible for the 2010/2011 tour although I think it may involve a lot of travelling.

Special shout out to my team mates, hotel mates and good friends - Irene, David and Alan.  You guys made the weekend.

How about we share one big comfy hotel room next time? - Alan you're sharing with David.

;-)

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT, DTD - A weekend in the surreal world of Mr Plop:
    Brilliant recap of the weekend.  Can't say I remember much about the trip down from Scotland but the rest rings true. Obviously great to meet the players I now class as friends at DTD, you're all great people and that's what really makes these weekends. I hope to get to as many of these as possible for the 2010/2011 tour although I think it may involve a lot of travelling. Special shout out to my team mates, hotel mates and good friends - Irene, David and Alan.  You guys made the weekend. How about we share one big comfy hotel room next time? - Alan you're sharing with David. ;-)
    Posted by Machka

Thank gawd for that!....for a moment there I thought I would be sharing with you :)

TEAM KNIGHTPLOP!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Ahem................. No mention of the LONGEST LASTING KNIGHT at the SPT Grand Final or in other words - Me!!

I know where i stand now with my fellow members of Team Knightsplop hahaha lol! :)
  • edited September 2010
    Great read J-plop N1!!!, am gutted i didna make this one, but hopefully me & Monkey123 will catch up with most of you in Blackpool!!

Gl

The Hitman
  • edited September 2010
    cheers Aaron and I think the feeling is shared amongst the 4 of us Britannia hotelers.......sorry for the mis-inclusion Craig but rest assured you are right there amongst the top of the list.

Im sharing with Alan?????????? woohoooo  he's such a hit with the girls :)

signing in and out quickly
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Jaeger,
    Great post.   It was good to meet up with you again at the weekend, although my stay was very short.  I nearly reached the end of level 1 - lol.   Was gutted and decided to make a run for it and make the most of our wedding anniversary on Sunday - had a great day.  Sorry you won't be adding colour to the lights of Blackpool, but hope to meet up with you again soon.
    Cheers
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks Gordon, You are without a doubt one of Skypokers finest Ambassadors and I aspire to exude the same class as you do, sir.

Will definitely attend the first SPT when I'm not working, as you guys make my wekend/year

See you soon dollie :)