You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can we have a large prizepool GTD 9pm tournie?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Just wondering if Sky could possibly add a £2k/£2,5k GTD classic NLHE tournie at 9pm with an £11BI.

I really think that this will get the numbers as the Open at 9pm always used to fill up.  And at 9pm it will be the perfect tournie for the casual player to have a go in after they have busted out of the main 8pm tournie. 

Currently there are no large prizepools on offer, which don't really attract the random players attentions.  A 5.50 rebuy is not gonna give people the buzz that taking down a tournie for £500+ will do.

And there is a £1.2kBH that runs at 9.30pm that always gets 200 or so runners so there is the demand there, and with it being 30mins earlier its probably a better time for people to play.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yep i agree + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1

NO REBUYS
  • edited September 2010
    As I have to put the wee lass to bed, at around 8:15 i tend to miss the 8:00  or 8:30 starts.  

A 9:00 start tourney like this would be great 

As long as there are plenty of re-buys.... ;o)   Only Joking Younggun
  • edited September 2010
    Ive put yes and also think that there should be plenty of sats for it
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Can we have a large prizepool GTD 9pm tournie?:
    As I have to put the wee lass to bed, at around 8:15 i tend to miss the 8:00  or 8:30 starts.   A 9:00 start tourney like this would be great  As long as there are plenty of re-buys.... ;o)   Only Joking Younggun
    Posted by JockBMW
    lol nearly got be grrrrrrrrrrrrr-ing :P you best be joking
  • edited September 2010
    I am with you on this one Y-G,  I hate rebuys.
  • edited September 2010
    I am with you on this one Y-G,  I hate rebuys.
    Posted by JockBMW

Good man, played a silly £1.10 gtd last night and someone rebought 6 times on my table, which meant he had to finish top 3 to get money back and still had much less then average chips after getting starting stack. In short it is for donks rebuys
  • edited September 2010
    i agree once you have busted out of the 8pm(which lets be honest,you either chip up or ship out of early) there is not a lot of value left to play so a 9pm would be ideal.....no rebuys just a 2k gtd.....gl,dave
  • edited September 2010
               I AGREE THE MAIN EVENT USE TO BE AT 9PM ANYWAY.AND SINCE ITS BEEN SWITCHED TO 8 IVE NOT WON ONE SO PLEASE GIVE US A BIG TOURNIE AT 9 WHEN MY KIDS ARE FULLY ASLEEP AND THE MISSIS HAS STOPED BENDING MY EAR ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING IN EASTENDERS AND CORRIE WHO CARES.THE £5 REBUY IS NOT THE ANSWER I MIGHT AS WELL PLAY BINGO.
  • edited September 2010
    +1 the site needs more GTD prizepools, might be a risk at the start but it will attract a lot of players in no time, come on sky, you've got to risk it for a chocolate biscuit :)
  • edited September 2010
    bump!

i dont just want 1, i wanna see 1 every half hour!!

no re-buys tho! just played 1, ppl were rebuyin right up to the blinds being 800/1600  lol
  • edited September 2010
    Suits stand up and listen to your people!
  • edited September 2010
    obviously you need to listen sky.
  • edited September 2010
    amm 4 it no rebuys and not a bounty
  • edited September 2010
    31 yes, 0 no

please try it sky.
  • edited September 2010
    Can we have a big tourney for ten past eight?  Thats when I am usually out of the ME.
  • edited September 2010
    AHEM!

35-0 gotta be saying something!
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your posts on this subject. I'll forward this thread over to the rest of the team for their consideration.

Thanks again.

Rich
  • edited September 2010
    Can we have a big tourney for ten past eight?  Thats when I am usually out of the ME.
    Posted by SoLack

lol   You last longer than me 
  • edited September 2010

This is really great feedback, thank you Scotty for starting the thread and thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, lets keep this thread going now...

It’s well timed since the tournament schedule is currently under a complete review, covering all areas:

• Start times
    • Buy Ins
    • Guarantees
    • Blinds
    • Chip Stacks
    • Formats
    • Daily/Weekly/Monthly
    • etc

Here’s your opportunity to contribute to this new schedule, using the bullets above, what tournaments would you like to see in the schedule? Then debate the pro’s and con’s between yourselves.

E.G.

• 10pm every Friday
    • £22
    • £1500 GTD
    • 12 min blinds
    • 2000 chips
    • NLHE  Freezeout

Also let’s use this thread to discuss potential changes to the existing 8pm schedule:

How would you feel if the primo was changed to £55 buy-in with £15,000 GTD?
    What if we moved the non-televised 8pm’s back to 9pm start times??

Looking forward to your feedback and thoughts guys

Regards

Adam

• edited September 2010
    I think 100% 9pm should be main event as it used to be, most days this should be a normal freezeout eg. of old the open, bar thursday the BH is good & so is Primo. would be nice to get the open every other day again but no rebuys, also televised all these other shows are good but better through the day

the standard open should be 3k starting, blind levels 10minutes so wont be tooo long and will reward better players

maybe chuck in a DS gurantee for £10+1 1 weekday(tuesday good for me) im sure that would get plenty of runners starting at either 8 or 8.30, be good if this was televised also
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Adam,

Great to meet you at DTD over the weekend Sir and i hope you are keeping well!...

I maybe on my own with what i say on this but regarding the Friday 8pm open rebuy tourney, i am not a major fan of that particular comp as i feel on a popularity and structural level the Friday version of Take-on-Tikay is just simply more superb and long may it continue. I personally would like to see with the Friday 8pm main event be perhaps a non-rebuy £33 buy-in Deepstack as there are a lot of people inculding myself that love a good Deepstack and i feel this could get a serious amount of runners every Friday if my suggestion was possibly considered and that the guarantee prize pool was a rather healthy one!.

Just my opinion and i look forward to any future and exciting changes that will occur to the tournament schedule on Sky Poker.

Regards,
    Craig

(AKA: OnlyOneCT)
  • edited September 2010
    maybe have all 8pm tournies with primo blind structure?
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Adam,

I think that a £22 on Friday is a good idea.

I like the main event at 8pm every night.  To chop and change the main event on the basis of the TV schedule will be confusing for people who play on the site once/twice per week so I think that leaving it as it is is the best way forward. I think that the structures/game types of the main 8pm event is pretty much perfect at the moment, and the fact that they change on a daily basis is good as it offers variety.

A 9pm tournie with an £11/£16.50 BI I really think will get decent runners.  Just keep it simple as a classic NLHE every night and if sats are run and it is given some advertising both on the site and on the TV channel, with a bit of advance warning such as getting Rich/Lisa etc to give a brief shoutout a week before its launched so that casual players will know that its gonna be available.  A £1.5k Gtd to start, but if it gets similar numbers to the 9.30BH then I think it will easily break that and you can inscrease it when you see fit.

As for Primo I originally likes the £55BI but tbh I don't really mind either way.  The bigger the prizepool the better IMO but if thats gonna hurt the numbers than £33 is fine too.

EDIT:  I would also like to see the £22 Monday Deepstact 7.15 to be available a couple more times per week.

• edited September 2010
    As all the main events are now non-televised (2 people squatting behind a desk with the computer graphics that my BBC model B would have been embarassed by does not count as showing a live tournament), and the 9pm ALWAYS filled up (usually by 1/4 to 9) it seems pretty obvious that someone made a mistake with 8pm main events. Switch it back to 9pm - 7,000 guaranteed, and in a couple of weeks you'll be having 700 runner fields every night. Show them on the telly, and you'll get more than that. I know it must have been costing too much to run the poker channel, but tbh it's nothing short of a joke now.
    Ask the regulars in here why they started playing on Sky Poker, and the chance of seeing your hand, or your name on the leader board on the telly will come tops. By regressing, the site in dying, and i find that a real shame as someone who remembers the hey-day.
    A £55 primo once a month with daily sats worked a treat, make it weekly if you must (but it won't fill). The 5-0 - fantastic tournament - even playing the £5 sats 25-strong field for a single place gave the event kudos (and I won it, which helps).
  • edited September 2010
    I like the 8pm starts - allows for the slower structure

I particularly like the structure of the following tournements
    • The Take on Tikay tournements - maybe one of these shd run every night - maybe a £20+£2 entry one on a Thursday
    • The £22 Monday Deepstack - I deally I wd play this everyday but realise that when this was tried the numbers eventually dwindled so leave it as once a week
    • The Tikay sleepstack ten seated deepstack on Wednesdays - just leave it as it is but maybe promo it to get the numbers up
    • The £220 monthly league final thing is good, but the league stars satellite shd not clash with Sky live events in future. 
    I do like the £55 Sunday deepstack but have to concede that it has failed and needs to be scrapped at its current time slot as there r too many big tourneys on other sites to compete with on a Sunday as well as Primo.  I still think there is room for a weekly £55 deepstack.  Maybe Tuesday Thursday, Friday or Saturday shd be tried.  I like CT's suggestion of a £33 entry deepstack on Friday as well.
  • edited September 2010
    I still think there is room for a weekly £55 deepstack.

I do think that this would work on a Thursday.  £55 DS starting at 8pm and show some hands on the TV channel.  Not everyone likes Bounty Hunters so giving them the choice would be good.  Cap the field at 50 runners.

The 5-0 was an excellent tournie and really want it back!
  • edited September 2010
    bump and more feedback plz guys!
  • edited September 2010
    Antes :)
    Posted by BrownnDog

good one