You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rate my play in this hand

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
OK this hand below, the raiser raises every button i believe K9 is above his range and see a flop. Dream flop no skill in that.

Ok so i get paid but what do people think about my bet sizing?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mgpowelly Sit out     
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £12.67
ANDIE Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £14.45
  Your hole cards
  • K

Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £28.52
tiadog Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.25 £0.70 £12.42
ANDIE Call  £0.20 £0.90 £14.25
Flop

• J
  • Q

The_Don90 Check     
ANDIE Bet  £0.40 £1.30 £13.85
 Call  £0.40 £1.70 £28.12
The_Don90 Raise  £0.80 £2.50 £11.62
ANDIE Call  £0.40 £2.90 £13.45
 Call  £0.40 £3.30 £27.72
Turn

The_Don90 Bet  £2.48 £5.78 £9.14
ANDIE Call  £2.48 £8.26 £10.97
 Call  £2.48 £10.74 £25.24
River

The_Don90 All-in  £9.14 £19.88 £0.00
ANDIE Fold     
 Call  £9.14 £29.02 £16.10
The_Don90 Show
  • K

Show
  • Q
  • A

The_Don90 Win Straight to the King £27.62  £27.62

Comments

• edited September 2010

IMO Don you should not have been in that hand with your hand against a raise out of position, good job it was not AK he had.

You hit the mirical flop and got the max wp for that

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: rate my play in this hand:
    IMO Don you should not have been in that hand with your hand against a raise out of position, good job it was not AK he had. You hit the mirical flop and got the max wp for that
    Posted by waynecure
    I did state hes raised every button, i felt i was above his range, i flop second to the nuts and im aware of this, but there was never any indication of AK in the hand. If it was fair play round 2 shortly.
  • edited September 2010
    'rate my play'

preflop not ridic bad but not all hunky dory. 

flop is poorly sized

turn and river are much better.

is that too honest?!? lol
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

what i meant 2 say was called 2.5 time s the big .. on a poss top pr or unlikely strght....poser  .lol

• edited September 2010
    'rate my play' preflop not ridic bad but not all hunky dory.  flop is poorly sized turn and river are much better. is that too honest?!? lol
    Posted by beaneh
    The flop was actuaally where i was very unsure. Thanks for the honesty.
  • edited September 2010
    K9 may well be ahead of his range but it's such a poor hand I'd much rather be either raising or folding preflop, plus flatting the button's min raise guarantees  the BB is coming in with practically ATC.  I would probably lead out on that flop or make a much larger raise.  The rest is pretty fine IMO.
  • edited September 2010
    K9 may well be ahead of his range but it's such a poor hand I'd much rather be either raising or folding preflop, plus flatting the button's min raise guarantees  the BB is coming in with practically ATC.  I would probably lead out on that flop or make a much larger raise.  The rest is pretty fine IMO.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks Tommy.

Think im slowly getting there with my play, but still alot of rough edges to sand down, apprechiate it. Maybe one day i can compete with the big boys daily rather than on a Saturday evening when im not giving a hoot lol :)
  • edited September 2010
     Your entire logic for the hand and making the preflop call is flawed. Just because this guy raises every button and your reads on that are totally irrelevant because this raise was from under the gun. With this in mind you can not range his hand as well as you think and K9 is not now easily above his raising range.

I think you played it pretty well down the streets but you need to think more clearly about your reads on opponents and not to exclude thinking about other people in the hand.
  • edited September 2010
     Your entire logic for the hand and making the preflop call is flawed. Just because this guy raises every button and your reads on that are totally irrelevant because this raise was from under the gun. With this in mind you can not range his hand as well as you think and K9 is not now easily above his raising range.   I think you played it pretty well down the streets but you need to think more clearly about your reads on opponents and not to exclude thinking about other people in the hand.
    Posted by Talon
    Thanks Talon, its taken until now for me to realise he didnt have the button when u mentioned it.

Thanks for commenting on my down the streets play, this is something i know i need to work on, down the streets im not a strong player.
  • edited September 2010
    Calling OOP with K9o is not the best way to play imo, obviously you got very lucky here and it was all going in at some stage anyway. But what I'd like to know is when you hit top pair Kings and he makes same bet what do you do then ?

As you say no skill in flopping straight but a lot more when you hit you the flop weakly and need to fold.  
  • edited September 2010
    call from BB seems ok only co ur deep, but if u think he's raising every button light and ur ahead of his range then re-raise

flop min raise is just bad imo, u lose loads of value with min raises, if he can call a min raise he'll call a 3x-4x raise, over 1000's of hands ur losing money,

as for the turn and river bets, they're good, u got max value
  • edited September 2010
    they arent deep he has 120bb effective, and the deeper you are the more important position is. i.e the worse this call becomes preflop

raise bigger on flop ldo
  • edited September 2010
    i cant believe he called the river bet lol
    I like the play tbh it is very risky playing these hands out of posistion though. But if you think he has a wide range and raises alot then i cant see nothing wrong with u seeing the flop.
    Easy play from flop onwards really and u cant really go wrong,