You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

too tight a fold here??

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
ok the villain is a pretty solid reg who usually plays higher.

what would you guys of done after my flop c bet was re raised?

surely that turn bet tells me im behind?????? or does it????

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
iamyiddo12 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.22
xxx
Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.31
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

stuth Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.46
HOUNDOG Fold        
donkeyplop Raise   £0.20 £0.30 £8.24
tmulh Fold        
iamyiddo12 Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.16 £0.46 £4.15
stuth Fold        
Flop

• K

xxx
Check        
donkeyplop Bet   £0.35 £0.81 £7.89
xxx
Raise   £0.93 £1.74 £3.22
donkeyplop Call   £0.58 £2.32 £7.31
Turn

xxx
Bet   £1.74 £4.06 £1.48
donkeyplop Fold        
xxx
Muck        
xxx
Win   £2.15   £3.63
xxx
Return   £1.74 £0.17 £5.37

Comments

• edited September 2010
    if you call flop i'm calling turn.

is P(Kx) > P(gutshots/bluffs)

if so fold flop.
  • edited September 2010
    i would re raise his flop raise and see what he does, it may slow him down if he has the king but also get rid of him if he has 7 or just air. Also he may question his kicker if he has king with this re raise. The way u played i would call turn as ur getting nice odds from ur call on the flop.
    High chance he has pocket j's 10's 9's or 8's here
  • edited September 2010
    batkin we dont want him to fold his air or his worse hands
    plus almsot no one at these stakes will raise 2nd pair on a flop they just check call down.
    i cant think of a 'pretty solid reg' who would ever raise 88-JJ on this flop it just doesnt make any logical sense

at nl100+ vs thinking players you can call this down fine as they are only repping 77,33. we also have blockers to KQ which is nice, however at these stakes i wouldnt be too surprised to see him show up with K7s and also it means he will likely over value TPGK and be willing to play for stacks on the flop
  • edited September 2010
    yeah i fold it this spot he has shows that he has Strong hand by re raiseing u on the flop and then betting big on the turn i just fold u can find better spots to put your money in and try and be the aggressive but i dont offen play cash at this low levels
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: too tight a fold here??:
    batkin we dont want him to fold his air or his worse hands plus almsot no one at these stakes will raise 2nd pair on a flop they just check call down. i cant think of a 'pretty solid reg' who would ever raise 88-JJ on this flop it just doesnt make any logical sense at nl100+ vs thinking players you can call this down fine as they are only repping 77,33. we also have blockers to KQ which is nice, however at these stakes i wouldnt be too surprised to see him show up with K7s and also it means he will likely over value TPGK and be willing to play for stacks on the flop
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    In this situation i would want to end the hand, it doesn;t matter if there a good reg it doesn't mean they have a hand. Play by your notes not on reputation. Finish the hand and move on raise flop and get answers you call there are no answers and your still left wondering what they have.
  • edited September 2010
    my notes tell me they bet strong on there good/made hands.

looking back im pretty sure they had a hand like ace king.

• edited September 2010
    my notes tell me they bet strong on there good/made hands. looking back im pretty sure they had a hand like ace king.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Then its a good fold and well done for folding such a good hand
  • edited September 2010
    nvm, you dont like money, i give up
  • edited September 2010
    i would re raise his flop raise and see what he does, it may slow him down if he has the king but also get rid of him if he has 7 or just air. Also he may question his kicker if he has king with this re raise. The way u played i would call turn as ur getting nice odds from ur call on the flop. High chance he has pocket j's 10's 9's or 8's here
    Posted by Batkin88
    jj 10s 9s dont re raise the flop and bet the turn