You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad fold?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is this a bad fold??
Guy was a bit aggro! Think maybe I missed a trick and should have called.
Opinions please. :)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
x Small blind   300.00 300.00 18611.25
punxxs_13 Big blind   600.00 900.00 16740.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

SAS10 Fold        
Ozzie08 Fold        
Cowgomoo Fold        
izabel Fold        
x Call   300.00 1200.00 18311.25
punxxs_13 Raise   1200.00 2400.00 15540.00
x Call   1200.00 3600.00 17111.25
Flop

• K
  • J

x Check        
punxxs_13 Bet   2400.00 6000.00 13140.00
x All-in   17111.25 23111.25 0.00
punxxs_13 Fold        
x Muck        
x Win   8400.00   8400.00
x Return   14711.25 0.00 23111.25

Comments

• edited September 2010
    yeah i think he had a low pocket pair but could of easily had a queen with a terrible kicker.
    But i personally think a call here
  • edited September 2010
    wow... tough spot... I hate limp callers for this exact reason.

A lot depends on how good he is. If he's a good player, he's thinking you're c-betting having missed the flop (though having raised, a K or J is very much in your range) or he has a flush draw and cuonting on fold equity.

If he's a bad player, he could well have K rag, which hit. It all depends on how you read his game, and how willing to take a chance you are- bear in mind there are still 2 cards to come so you're not drawing completely dead whatever he has, you have 2 cards for a straight and still 2 queens to hit. The thing leaping at me though is the fact he's limp called pre, then suddenly shoved. That's not the sort of thing a passive player would do unless they have the goods.

I think I'd reluctantly fold without a good read on his game.
  • edited September 2010
    Snap fold, even if he's aggro I can't see him shoving over a strong c bet with air, maybe he had flush draw but imo I don't take that risk.
  • edited September 2010
    well he limp calls 5x pre so he is never a good player.

folding is fine imo
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold?:
    well he limp calls 5x pre so he is never a good player. folding is fine imo
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Well, not to split hairs but he limped SB and then called a 3x raise- I agree it's not an optimal play, especially at that stage, but you never know if he's got a plan or not- you need more information than a single hand. He could be trapping with a big hand, he could have a plan to convey weakness, he could be just a complete muppet. Based just on this hand, I'm inclined to believe he's not great, but I'm not sure I agree that limp calling a hand automatically makes you a bad player.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold?:
    well he limp calls 5x pre so he is never a good player. folding is fine imo
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    learn to read he limp calls a min raise!

raise more pre, b/f flop is fine. 
  • edited September 2010
    doesnt he limp call 2x?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold?:
    In Response to  Re: Bad fold? : learn to read he limp calls a min raise! raise more pre, b/f flop is fine. 
    Posted by beaneh
    He's in the BB, it's a 3x raise right? I think the way he played it was pretty good throughout, maybe a 4x raise pre but realistically you'd want the single customer with queens more often than not.
  • edited September 2010
    beaneh is right as usual!

the bb was 600 and he raised for 1200 hense min raise.............................
  • edited September 2010
    sky hh's doing my head in atm lol
  • edited September 2010
    meh blind levels are double what i thought they were :(

hes still bad!

the way sky hh works is that the raise is on top of your current wager, so its 1200+ the 600bb he has in there. deuces is good at reading the rest of us arent
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I raised it up to 1800.. So 3 x the BB. :)

He could have had anything really.. Most likely hand is a King.. But he could easily have done that on a draw or with a jack.. Just didn't no where I was so folded it.