You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

British Poker Awards

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Well we didn't win best forum and our Tikay didn't get the nod for best contribution. But may I be the first to say that I believe that we were robbed on both counts!

The Sky Poker forum is the best in the land for good spirit and banter and, as for Tikay, well- I don't what else he could do for the game, frankly. His enthusiasm and hard-work is an example to us all. And all at the age of 107 as well. Awe-inspiring.

Many congrats to everyone on the forum and to Tikay for being officially recognised at the British Poker Awards!

:)

Comments

• edited September 2010

YEP TOP MAN TK & HIS SIDEKICK ORFORD IS ALRIGHT TOO LOL !

• edited September 2010
    i my eyes tikay and the forum are winners who needs a trophy to prove it, we all know who`s the best
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: British Poker Awards:
    YEP TOP MAN TK & HIS SIDEKICK ORFORD IS ALRIGHT TOO LOL !  
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Outrageous! He's my sidekick!!!
  • edited September 2010

Thanks Rich and you are completely right.

Tikay is phenomenal in all he does for the poker industry. Working tirelessly, bless him. He is a scholar and a true gentleman.

On behalf of all members in our number one community that is Sky Poker Forum, I would just

like to say Tikay, you are number one, our hero,  and very much the winner in our eyes and you always will be. xxx
  • edited September 2010
    I was reading the PokerNews website earlier today, and they gave their predictions on the poker awards.

They couldn't see past Tikay to pick up the award. So although for some strange reason he may not have picked up the award tonight, I hope Tikay realises his contribution to the poker industry is both acknowledged, and appreciated. 
  • edited September 2010

reflecting tho.... it is brilliant that tikay has been recognised and his contriburions valued so highly.

congratulations tikay

best regards
    rob

• edited September 2010
    RIGGED!

Tikay is a LEJJJJJJJ, and how can we lose best forum to the hendon folks - there isn't even a mention of them winning it on their forum! lol

• edited September 2010
    FIX!!!!!!!!!

We was robbed
  • edited September 2010
    We all know that Tikay should have won best contribution, just because he didn't win on that night doesn't change the fact we all know who the real winner is.

As for the forum i cant understand how we didn't win it, i mean come on !
  • edited September 2010

I blame Richard Orford!         :))
  • edited September 2010
    On a brighter note, i can really imagine Tikays gracious loser face being like Joeys off friends when he didnt win best returning actor lol

• edited September 2010
    just to cheer us all up especially tk.

tikay's special award from the forum we all love a bit of tk

sky poker forum award for 2010  thanks to everyone for making this the best site on the net

all the best for the future
    from the gorilla gang
  • edited September 2010
    Gutted on both counts!!

But I did get 16th place in the after tourney Lol, unfortunately cash started at 8th!!

Me & Monkey Had a great nite, it was very 'Bluff' driven, dont know if that effected where the votes came from?
    The organisers said about 3000 votes had been posted, so i reckon 500+ from any forum or 'campaign' takes the prize!

Maybe next year, with a big push from 'Regulars'!!!!

The people involved did seem very genuine, friendly & helpful, but must admit to being very dissapointed, seeing TK leaving unable to play in the tourney due to a pre- register problem... i mean.. he was a nominee FFS!!
    He Did say he was tired after a long SPT weekend, and me & Monkey did not leave till gone 1am, after a 6am work start was along day! So an early bed may have done Tony better, as some of the 'play' was pretty wild!!!

Had a good drink & laugh with the owners of THE NUTS poker league, who won their catagory, and were well oiled!!

Also had a brief chat with Neil Channing, award winner too, who always makes time and is a very nice chap lol!!
    He even asked me why HitPup was not there,
    as did a couple of the photographers!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOL

• edited September 2010
    Good Stuff M8.

Tikay and Hitpup for the 2011 win.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Rich

Well, I m just stunned by this, what an  absolutley rubbish decision, tikay is just the absolute TOPS, and this forum ROCKS.

• edited September 2010
    MICKEY MOUSE AWARDS ANY WAY- WE KNOW WHO"S TOPS FOLKS

FIX
    I SMELL A EURO VISION RIGGING PLOT....................
  • edited September 2010
    HitPup mooping round the house after TK Lost!! & Hitpup picking up the BODOG Trophy with his Dad HitmanRV