You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tight Fold?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Played a $4.40 180 man SNG last night on another site.  Ended up finishing 2nd for $144 so a good result but as I am not usually the chip leader in the late stages I would appreciate some feedback on the following hand.

We are down to the last 2 tables - 18 players (cash bubble just burst).  Blinds were 400/800 plus the antes and i'm chip leader with 64k in position with JJ, there are two folds, the next player who is in 2nd place shoves for 46k and it folded to me. 

He has just lost about 10k in the previous hand so im thinking he may be tilting. There had been plenty of pre flop raising before this (stealing blinds) but its the first time this player had gone all in pre.

I folded and so did the blinds so never saw what he had. If I had won the hand I obviously would have stood a much better chance of finishing 1st, however loosing 46k would have put down near the bottom leaving the possibility of finishing 10-18th for $8 after about 3hrs of play.

Would you guys have made to call to give a better chance of winning or was the fold correct.

Thanks,

Mark

Comments