You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm not Gus Hansen...

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
And while I can't play poker, backgammon or golf at his level, I have more hair than him.  So there!

Anyway, in tribute to the Great Dane, I've written a blog (about my experiences at the SPT Grand Final) called 'Every Hand Revealed'.

It's HERE

Comments

• edited September 2010

Does it include how you mangled those Aces?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen...:
    Does it include how you mangled those Aces?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, I concede that getting your opponent to put all his money in the middle as 9/1 dog is pretty shocking play.  I deserved to lose, tbh!

• edited September 2010
    i railed gus on a different site last night he tilted against cole south  he even admitted after it he tilted he endup 85k in front 

on same site PA lost 500k in about 2 hours playing fl holdem scary money lol
  • edited September 2010

Fold on the flop, imo.
  • edited September 2010
    Fold on the flop, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You're absolutely right.  The villain has 4% equity on the flop.  Unless I'm 99% favourite, I should lay it down.  Why have I been ignoring your expert advice for so long?

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : You're absolutely right.  The villain has 4% equity on the flop.  Unless I'm 99% favourite, I should lay it down.  Why have I been ignoring your expert advice for so long?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    I rest my case.

One can't be too careful.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : I rest my case. One can't be too careful.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Absolutely!  With that in mind, did you hear about this donk at Luton last week who open-shoved 15bbs with KQo?  I bet you'd give him a piece of your mind.  His name was Tony...oh, wait...
  • edited September 2010
    excellent read James, looking forward to seeing you some point in next seasons tour. You did a great job in nottingham, thanks from all the crew
  • edited September 2010
    yeah good read James, look forward to part 2, nice one ul with those aces
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : Absolutely!  With that in mind, did you hear about this donk at Luton last week who open-shoved 15bbs with KQo?  I bet you'd give him a piece of your mind.  His name was Tony...oh, wait...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    True - but I have image. NOBODY calls me. Anyway, the Blinds were huge, the Average Stack was 12 x BB, & there were FOUR Limpers! Honest, 4 limpers with an average stack of 12 Bigs - you could not make it up. Limpers Tax is mandatory in such cases, & is the easiest steal in town.

Here's a random hand for you, from Friday evening at DTD.

Blinds are 200-400, average stack is 8,000, I'm playing 13,000.

Greek Jack is to my immediate left, in the BB, & has had an accident, & is playing 2,025. His game is wholly exposed & EVERYONE at the Table knows he is going to shove blind, & it's noted he has not looked at his cards.

It goes Limp-Limp-Limp-Limp before it gets to me in the SB. I "make-up" with J-T. I KNOW Jack is gonna shove, as does everyone else.

Jack shoves. It goes Call-Call-Call-Call before it gets to me.

I now jammed for my 13,000.

This is met with a series of sighs, tuts, & rolling eyes.

EVERYONE folds. I'm now getting THe most bizarre odds!

I flip my J-T (as chance had it, Jack had A-K), & the moaning at me REALLY began then. "Why did you do that?", "I would have busted him if you'd let me see a flop"......"that was bad play, limp, you should just call & check it down, are you daft?".......

Love it!
  • edited September 2010
    thats quality TK, gotta lotta bottle doing that respect!
  • edited September 2010
    thats quality TK, gotta lotta bottle doing that respect!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Fabulous odds though - I was getting an almost unheard of price, & it takes a bit of calling!

In fact, I lost the hand, but that matters not - I lost 2,025, including my 400 Blind, but stood to collect 24,150!

However, please note, I NEVER try that trick Online. Right?
  • edited September 2010
    lol im sure Mr Kendall! are you playing your TOT tonight?
  • edited September 2010
    lol im sure Mr Kendall! are you playing your TOT tonight?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I sure am, plus the 7pm tikay Sleepie, & the 8pm DoubleStack, so I'll not be able to chat, I'm afraid.

In those three Tourneys, I'll play less than 17 hands in TOTAL, too. Whereas James played 17 hands in the one tourney at DTD. Pfft. 
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : I sure am, plus the 7pm tikay Sleepie, & the 8pm DoubleStack, so I'll not be able to chat, I'm afraid. In those three Tourneys, I'll play less than 17 hands in TOTAL, too. Whereas James played 17 hands in the one tourney at DTD. Pfft. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    You won't hit double figues, surely? ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : You won't hit double figues, surely? ;)
    Posted by yb
    Not unless I'm in one of my uber-loose moods. Never heard of anything quite so outrageous. 17 hands indeed.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm not Gus Hansen... : I sure am, plus the 7pm tikay Sleepie, & the 8pm DoubleStack, so I'll not be able to chat, I'm afraid. In those three Tourneys, I'll play less than 17 hands in TOTAL, too. Whereas James played 17 hands in the one tourney at DTD. Pfft. 
    Posted by Tikay10

No chat booooooo, na thats fair enough hope im on your table love playing with you(not dirty ppl) its good fun
  • edited September 2010

Nice blog James. Enjoyed it alot xx