You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late Night Poker (Rich, the pro's know best )

ACAACA
edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
I've just watched the latest heat of LNP, hosted by 1 of sky's topish presenters Rich :)

John Duthie (KK) v Jeff Lisandro (A6)

Lisandro led out and Duthie raised oop, Lisandro called for about 1/3 stack

flop came 67Q rainbow, both chk'd

river 8, which opened up str8 and flush draws, again Duthie chk'd oop, Lisandro chk's

turn 3 ( no flush) and Duthie makes a superb value bet of 3100 into 5K pot, Lisandro calls

Barney Boatman, Rich's co " John Duthie played that great"

Total Bull 100% disagree with that comment, John Duthie played that terrible, he let a pre flop caller catch up x 2,  If an A or 6 or a 3 flush or 4 card straightening hit the river he would not have a clue where he was, as it was he lucked out on a 3 and got paid. The river bet was y he's a pro , but the flop and turn were shockin

earlier in the heat Lisandro played (AQ) slow v Duthie (36) who hit his 6 on the turn for a set, and yeah as Barney say's, he played that great 2 ?????????????????

Guess that's how top pro's do it

Comments welcome

Always a pleasure

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I didnt see all of the KK v A6 hand, caught the end. So i wont comment.

63 v AQ.

Lisandro played this terrible. UTG limp = bad imo.

Checks flop, deserved to lose for that alone, no way in hell would i ever check top pair, its only one pair, let me know where i am and ill assess from there.
  • edited September 2010

John Duthie is one of the most astute & intelligent players you could ever wish to encounter. NEVER underestimate his ability. However, I expect he makes the occasional mistake, as most of us do.

PS - you appear to have got the Turn & River confused in your Post.
  • edited September 2010
    Am I missing something here I thought it was on, on a Wednesday
  • edited September 2010
    Just watched it,

I thought John Duthie played great Poker.  The only questionable move was the all in with Q7 against Andy Bloch who had QJ
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker (Rich, the pro's know best ):
    Am I missing something here I thought it was on, on a Wednesday
    Posted by JockBMW
    Clearly ;-)  Yes Tuesday is LNP night, AND Poker Million (2nd episode last night) which is really good. Wednesday it's The Big Game (cash game) which is also really good.
  • edited September 2010
    Cheers chaps for the comments.

Don't forget you were watching about 15 hands out of the entire 90-100 from the game. I would say this, John Duthie played absolutely brilliantly from the very first hand where he took chip command and never let it go. He is a seriously good player.

Re- the KK v A6 against Lissandro: Duthie had been so aggressive throughout the game with junk hands that when he picked up a monster he obv decided to go trapping. A risky strategy but I'm sure his check on the turn was because he believed Lissando would fire out. His bet on the end was probably the absolute maximum he could have extracted at that point, and as such was a brilliant bet.

So, it's possible that Barney meant that Duthie had played the river great, rather than the whole hand. I agree though, that he was taking an awful risk slow-playing those kings, but then he had a monster chip lead and could afford to take a gamble.

I'm not sure if I could have done what Annette Obrestad did and literally flip a coin for her tournament. That's high-rolling poker players for you I guess!
  • edited September 2010
    Orf for the (late night) win!