You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bestest birthday card ever!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

And that's saying something, as I've had a few birthdays in my time - more than 40, to be precise.

But the one that LML organised, & so many people contributed to last week, was MONSTA, in so many ways.

Not only was it the biggest I've ever seen, by a goodly margin, but it contained over 60 messages from different Sky Poker players, each message was carefully cut out, printed in different font & ink, different shapes & sizes - it must have taken days to do.

I was, & am, lost for words. Thank you.

I understand someone had to go to LML's home on Saturday morning, too, to collect it. I'm genuinely humbled, thank you.

I also had over 150 messages on FB & Twitter, many of them from Sky Pokerers.

To give you an idea of the scale of the card, a few photos are attached. (Click to enlarge). In 2 of them, there is a Sky zapper, to give you the scale of the card. Wotawoppa!

Comments

• edited September 2010

The front of the card includes pictures of trains, cranes, a duck, a cat, Eminem, A green cartoon thingie (?), HM The Queen-Ness, & all the Sky Poker Presenters & Analysts, even Orford. And 56p. Fiasco!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi tikay

It was a honour, and a pleasure to be part of that, so glad you enjoyed it, and no more than a great man like you deserved, who needs a trophy?, we KNOW you are the bestists, and  GREAT BIG THANK YOU to LM for setting it up
  • edited September 2010
    Glad you liked it, great job LML your a star must have taken alot of time and effort for this :o)
  • edited September 2010
    The card is fabulosus! Well done Lisa good girl and everyone else involved in the production of it.  xxx
    Completely forgot to send in my email.  : ( My sincerest appologies. I did however message you on here on your birthday.

I hope you had a lovely Birthday Tikay ! Top man! xxx
  • edited September 2010
    Glad you liked it Tikay! I've been wondering what you thought! lol ... LM did a brilliant job and so did whoever handled the card transportation logistics operation - thanks to you both!

• edited September 2010
    Brilliant, a card like that would have cost about £215.99 from Clinton's. The code on the back would have made good reading as well....probably wouldn't have been AA or BB or similar though......

Here's to all the 4`s next year.
  • edited September 2010

It was a complete surprise, or almost.......

An odd story now, which in no way detracts from my gratitude, surprise, or pleasure at all the hard work LML did, & the lovely messages.

4 day BEFORE my Birthday, I got a FB message from someone. It said.....

xxxx xxxxx has left a Message on your Wall.

"....Hi Tony. I've been told to leave a message on your suprise birthday card and cake that someone is to give you at the SPT in Notts....."

Which sort of gave the game away a tinsy bit, but no matter, it was well-intended, & gave no clue, really, to the nature of the "surprise". 

But I tend, as a general rule, to incline to the view that "surprises" are surprises, & mostly, we don't write to the recipitents in advance & give the game away!

But it went on, thusly......
    "....I just wondered would it be ok to include a slightly racist joke to my message?..."

Err......I still don't know what to make of that! It's widely known that I have strong views on racism, & racist comments, so I'm not entirely sure if the sender of the Message was serious or not, to be honest.

I do mess about with jibes about the Welsh, but I'm pretty sure everyone takes them for what they are - just letting Dyl & Dai know that I love them. Sort of.
    Life is full of mysteries & peculiar things, eh?

xx 
  • edited September 2010
    PS I think the green thing is a Jawa from Star Trek
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bestest birthday card ever!:
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No - I'm pretty sure - though I'm not an expert on such matters - that it's ET.
  • edited September 2010
    well done LML you do sterling work.hope you had a great day tikay
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bestest birthday card ever! : No - I'm pretty sure - though I'm not an expert on such matters - that it's ET.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Urrrr yeah you could be right. Either that or a gremlin from the film of the same name. Hard to tell. No doubt some Sci-Fi she-nerd will be along to explain all soooooon .... ;-)

• edited September 2010
    LML is a diamond innit, she must have spent a LONG time organising and making that card

Glad you liked it tikay!

• edited September 2010
    Well Done LM,

Glad it gave you so much please Tony,  it's the least we can do after the hours of entertainment that you provide us with every day 
  • edited September 2010
    LOL.. The green thing is what you were supposed to be in the Star Wars scene!!!

You are MOST welcome although of course I can only take credit for a small portion of it.. It's what's inside that counts, and that's the collective love, respect and warmth that the Sky Poker community have for you.. (Can't think why..;)

Hope it helped make the day that wee bit more special!!

And as for the random Party Poooper.. WEll the surprise was THERE IS NO CAKE!!! As if I'm going to allow cake when I can't chomp it!! Nom nom nom nom nom (Will bring Halloween style cake to Blackpool to make up for it)!

Massive thanks to EVERYONE who contributed and spread the word!!..and to Sara36dd who delivered it to Notts!!

Kisses Mr Bossman. xx

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Bestest birthday card ever!:
    To give you an idea of the scale of the card, a photo is attached. (Click to enlarge). In it there is a Sky Poker Analyst, to give you the scale of the card. Wotawoppa!    
    Posted by Tikay10
    FYP

• edited September 2010
    Massive thanks to EVERYONE who contributed and to Sara26dd who delivered it to Notts!! Kisses Mr Bossman. xx
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    I'm not sure who will be most disappointed, Ed Giddins or Mark aka sara36dd08!
  • edited September 2010

GLAD YOU LIKED IT TK . WD LISA AND ALSO TO GREGGHOGG WHO HELPED TOO.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bestest birthday card ever! : I'm not sure who will be most disappointed, Ed Giddins or Mark aka sara 36 dd08!
    Posted by Machka
    Ooops SORRY MARK!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Jawas are from Star Wars. Come on Elliot, get with the programme!

It's Yoda- a creature I have compared Tikay to on many occasions!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Bestest birthday card ever! : Jawas are from Star Wars. Come on Elliot, get with the programme! It's Yoda- a creature I have compared Tikay to on many occasions!
    Posted by RicOrford
    To be honest I was hoping that she-nerd would get to me first.... lol ;-)

• edited September 2010
    Glad you liked your card tikay... im glad i got the opportuinty to write a message to go in it!!
  • edited September 2010
    I'm glad you liked it Tikay.  Words can never really show how high a regard u are seen by MANY of us at Sky Poker but it was a pleasure to help contribute with a message.

Well done LM for a grand gesture too!