You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL30 v NL40

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Why is NL30 so much more popular than NL40? As I'm typing, there are 8 NL30 tables running, and only 2 NL40 tables on the go. There's surely not that much of a difference in standard of play or bankroll requirements, and you get quite a few more poker points playing on NL40...

Comments

• edited September 2010

Why have they both got a million times harder in the last 2 weeks ????
  • edited September 2010
    Two words... Iron Brew ;.)
  • edited September 2010
    Seriously, they haven't got harder, just variance on your part (and mine, bankroll's been up and down like the knickers of a loose-moralled woman)

I just can't understand why nl40 doesn't get played anywhere near as much as nl30
  • edited September 2010
    haha f ******* that guy !!! He wasnt there tonight, he's the first name I look for, honestly!!!

But.....seriously, I am runnin bad.....but..aside from that.........the standard has deffo got better lately, nl80 and 40 are easier than nl30 the last few weeks.........

Shud have a sky poker comp for regs from each level to play eachother on a level playing field.

NL30 ftw !!!!!
  • edited September 2010

'When luck shuts the door you have to come in through the window' - Doyle Brunson

Lol. I love it when things get personal(by that I mean competetive). I've seen this Iron Brew guy on NL50. I've read a few articals lately about poker standards in general getting better and the edge in NL Holdem getting smaller and smaller. Whats your thoughts on this subject guys.   

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: NL30 v NL40:
    'When luck shuts the door you have to come in through the window' - Doyle Brunson Lol. I love it when things get personal(by that I mean competetive). I've seen this Iron Brew guy on NL50. I've read a few articals lately about poker standards in general getting better and the edge in NL Holdem getting smaller and smaller. Whats your thoughts on this subject guys.   
    Posted by dub1
    It is getting harder I think, but if you play a large number of hands even a small edge is enough to still generate a decent profit. Table selection is getting even more important as well imo so that you can maximise your edges.

I just wish I knew what I know now about poker a few years ago! lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: NL30 v NL40:
    In Response to Re: NL30 v NL40 : It is getting harder I think, but if you play a large number of hands even a small edge is enough to still generate a decent profit. Table selection is getting even more important as well imo so that you can maximise your edges. I just wish I knew what I know now about poker a few years ago! lol
    Posted by yb

I here all the time when reading stuff about the glory days of party poker. I agree, If I knew then what i Know now. Do you guys think that there is a perfect strategy for NL Holdem or does it just need an adjustment in style. Eg TAG crushing the game in the glory days, then an adjustment to LAG to beat the TAG's, etc. Thoughts?