You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another MTT hand.

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The guy who opened, had been opening alot, and last time he did this I shoved with KK and he called me with 78 suited.

So obviously I'm 3 betting 88 here as I'm miles ahead of his opening range.

The last thing I expect to happen when the action gets back to him is he calls.......For half his stack????

Anyway this leaves me in a bad spot first to act on the worst possible flop for me.

What would u do?

**Looking back, I really shud 3 bet bigger.....or wud u shove??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DUMBOY Small blind  75.00 75.00 1537.50
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  150.00 225.00 5225.00
  Your hole cards

JPDERRY Fold     
vinyodo22 Fold     
magnum2305 Raise  300.00 525.00 2855.00
DUMBOY Call  225.00 750.00 1312.50
DOHHHHHHH Raise  1050.00 1800.00 4175.00
magnum2305 Call  900.00 2700.00 1955.00
DUMBOY Fold     
Flop

• Q
  • A

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited September 2010
    all in pf or you'll make mistakes.
  • edited September 2010

What wud u do in this situation on the flop? against an opponent who is likely to be holding any 2 reasonable cards? 67s+ all pairs and 2 pictures ace 7+ .........

I know u will never be in this position, but if u miss clicked pre and got here, what wud u do?

shove?

or check fold?
  • edited September 2010
    I would start by quietling thinking 

OIMGOMGOOMOGMG WHY DID U FLAT ZOMG WHY THIS IS SO DUMB WHYU DIDNT I SHOVE ZOMG FLATTED. OF ALL THE THINGS TO DO OMG SO TILTED WT F ARGBGGHHH HNORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Then i'd quietly click check and sit there going check u g1t check check check., damnit check it down,m HAVE SEVENS AND CHECK ONE TIME......

i'd then fold if he bet after maybe 6 seconds of expletive filled abuse.
  • edited September 2010
    Stick him in mate, from what you've seen that flop is as scary for him as it is for you. You've got him covered, worst case scenario is your back down to 14 BBs.
  • edited September 2010

lol I never even considered that he wudnt shove or fold pre.......

So obv Im thinking oh well it's goin straight in on the flop anyway.

Until I saw that flop........................

Then I had no idea what to do.

Also, off topic, I checked on stars today, all the options and I couldnt find any box to "tick" to save hand histories. All I could find was an option to request hand histories from the last ?? hours/days/weeks etc......Is this what I will need to do to get HEM going?

I want those stats that I see when I watch user vids, that r constantly being updated on the screen throughout a session, and also wanna be aware of my stats (the numbers they will be seeing on me whilst playing.)

Not sure if that's the same thing?
  • edited September 2010
    You're still getting A LMAO

anyway...

go to options>instant hh options

tick save my hhs

check you know where they are saved to on your computer. you will need to know the location to tell HEM.

You still haven't answered the questions I asked on the other thread!
  • edited September 2010
    Beaneh thats quality :o)

hmm  i prob would shove if he is playing 67 suited, although could easily be beaten he's not folding in this spot with any two imo so just whether you get lucky and he hasnt hit or down to 14bb's for you