You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst way to go out

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

So what's the worst way to go out of tournament or lose all your money on a cash game?

Also, let us know any stories of how you may of got knocked out a tourney badley

Comments

• edited August 2009
    To be blinded out has to be the worst, most painful, pointless ,slow lingering pitiful way to exit a tournament.  At least if you get busy and take your chances when you need to, you can blame bad beat/bad player/bad call/bad cards/bad weather/bad anything!!  But if you blind out you can only blame your self for bad play.
  • edited August 2009
    Personally, I hate losing with counterfeited pairs.
    It's hardly ever really a bad beat ('cos you're almost always in with a small pair against two overs) but it's still nasty.

Worst beat in this way?

JJ < A3

board=KKQQx

Poker stinks sometimes.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst way to go out:
    To be blinded out has to be the worst, most painful, pointless ,slow lingering pitiful way to exit a tournament.  At least if you get busy and take your chances when you need to, you can blame bad beat/bad player/bad call/bad cards/bad weather/bad anything!!  But if you blind out you can only blame your self for bad play.
    Posted by RESTORMEL
    no no m8 its definitely getting disconnected, as i did when we were 4 handed, on the final table of the open.
    When i got back i was allin on the small blind, ending 4th.
    col
  • edited August 2009

non matching handbag and shoes lol x

• edited August 2009
    non matching handbag and shoes lol x
    Posted by beaujolais
    Quality.

In Tikay's case, having "forgotten" to put his trousers on?
  • edited August 2009
    Counterfeited every time, or (and I've never seen it), a straight flush v a higher straight flush. That would get me breaking windows.
  • edited August 2009
    Counterfeited every time, or (and I've never seen it), a straight flush v a higher straight flush. That would get me breaking windows.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    This happened in the WSOP main event this year.
    Patrik Danzer lost to Christian Jeppsson.
    8h9h < QhKh.
    board=5s7hAhThJh so it wasn't just the one card needed for the better straight flush.

I think live poker is rigged. ;-)

The report didn't say how many windows he broke.
  • edited August 2009
    IM  WITH MERENOVICE CONTERFIET PAIRS IS TOTALLY THE WORST WAY TO GO OUT
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst way to go out : no no m8 its definitely getting disconnected, as i did when we were 4 handed, on the final table of the open. When i got back i was allin on the small blind, ending 4th. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Ouch! That sucks mate.  Luckily never had this happen at such a critical time, makes me shudder just thinking about it though.
  • edited August 2009
    suck outs suck! just blew my roll to suck out! having worst down swing in history EVER! been grinding out on micro limits trying to rebuild and it is soul destroying!! any one got a rope???
  • edited August 2009
    AA v AA only to get 4-flushed
    Never pleasant
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst way to go out : Quality. In Tikay's case, having "forgotten" to put his trousers on?
    Posted by MereNovice
    lol
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst way to go out : lol
    Posted by beaujolais
    Nice one Vince
    LMAO
    Gary
  • edited August 2009
    Worst way to go out would be to a donk who calls all your raises with nothing and hits a miracle on the river

Also as i have had it quite a bit just lately loosing with quads

Also 1 or 2 outters, hurt sooo bad

Also going out with someone who`s handbag and shoes don`t match

LOL
    Gary 
  • edited August 2009

One Word.....Counterfitted

Ipso
    :D

• edited August 2009
    going out with the best hand pre/post flop and sinking at the river took the most votes.

they are all bad ways, but the above happened to me last night in 50K speed which incidently i really enjoyed.

after getting down to the last 10, i then went all in with KK against 99, and, you guessed it, a 9 landed on the river. SO I lost to a set of 9s in the end. :(

Still, luck, I believe eventually evens out, so my luck turned in a tourney this morning where i wnet all in with 10,10 againt JJ. and I won with a set of 10s.