You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is hard one fold or call the river bet

suesex Small blind  75.00 75.00 3043.75
rob12345 Big blind  150.00 225.00 4117.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Jazzydog Raise  450.00 675.00 2900.00
Tube1986 Fold     
Tevos Fold     
suesex Fold     
rob12345 Call  300.00 975.00 3817.50
Flop

• K

rob12345 Check     
Jazzydog Check     
Turn

rob12345 Bet  487.50 1462.50 3330.00
Jazzydog Call  487.50 1950.00 2412.50
River

rob12345 Check     
Jazzydog All-in  2412.50 4362.50 0.00
rob12345 Fold     
Jazzydog Muck     
Jazzydog Win  1950.00  1950.00
Jazzydog Return  2412.50 0.00 4362.50

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Any reads at all?
    why have you just called OOP? no re-raise to narrow his range
    has he been min raising often? if so what sort of hands would you think he is doing this with? AA-JJ or small pp or AK,AQ etc
    does he use his position often to bet people of the hand?

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this is hard one fold or call the river bet:
    Any reads at all? why have you just called OOP? no re-raise to narrow his range has he been min raising often? if so what sort of hands would you think he is doing this with? AA-JJ or small pp or AK,AQ etc does he use his position often to bet people of the hand?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    no reads just come on the table
    i just called becouse i did not want to play a big pot wif a hand like aj and if i get re raise i hate my hand
    never seen him play a hand
  • edited September 2010
    no reads dont like the call tbh mate, personally would raise it up 900 and re-assess

As played suppose you gotta fold river bet as beaten by 2 higher cards, thats the problem at no point did you bet so you can narrow down his range. if hes a new player to the table pre more likely he is going to shove or fold to your raise so could lose 900 if he does and gut says he's not bluffing or you will get him to fold most the time definately how you want to play it in future
  • edited September 2010
    i think we are only losing if he flopped the nut flush.
  • edited September 2010
    Queen of hearts Mr raise ;o)
  • edited September 2010
    no reads dont like the call tbh mate, personally would raise it up 900 and re-assess As played suppose you gotta fold river bet as beaten by 2 higher cards, thats the problem at no point did you bet so you can narrow down his range. if hes a new player to the table pre more likely he is going to shove or fold to your raise so could lose 900 if he does and gut says he's not bluffing or you will get him to fold most the time definately how you want to play it in future
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    he did raise from under the gun so most of the time means a strounger hand
  • edited September 2010
    min raise could easily be small pp - very strong pair who knows but your not going to narrow it if you dont re-raise
  • edited September 2010
    i think we are only losing if he flopped the nut flush.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

I call too. this man has nailed it. make him show his flopped nuts.
  • edited September 2010
    min raise could easily be small pp - very strong pair who knows but your not going to narrow it if you dont re-raise
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

yeh probale should re raise most times i do but just had feeling that i be wasting my chips
  • edited September 2010
    Queen of hearts Mr raise ;o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

what i mean is if he has the bare Ah then he is betting the flop . the only way he does have the Ah is if he flopped the nut flush and slowplayed it.
    Qh shouldnt be overbetting the pot because its really hard for us to call with worse.
    id expect him to turn smaller flushes into bluffs here & random pairs into bluffs

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this is hard one fold or call the river bet : what i mean is if he has the bare Ah then he is betting the flop . the only way he does have the Ah is if he flopped the nut flush and slowplayed it. Qh shouldnt be overbetting the pot because its really hard for us to call with worse. id expect him to turn smaller flushes into bluffs here & random pairs into bluffs
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

no lol
  • edited September 2010
    I think i almost always call in this situation and if they have Ah or Qh then fair play to them also i prob dont check it unless i want to trap and hope they go all in
  • edited September 2010
    if they have a smaller flush, they're unlikely to do anything since they have showdown value. Qh MAYBE but even so- I think there's enough there that they don't need to risk anything.

So it's a case of whether it's a stone cold bluff, reading your weakness, or overbetting the nut hand. Personally, I think I'd have to call that, and make a note based on the result. 3rd nut hand based on how that board played is too good to pass up.

Another possibility is it's a weak player who acts as a calling station, and had AQ 1 heart or something similar, and didn't want to bet until they made their hand, but were unwilling to leave the hand until the river. Tough spot.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: this is hard one fold or call the river bet : I call too. this man has nailed it. make him show his flopped nuts.
    Posted by beaneh
    y dose he have had to floped the flush he could have just had the Ah he dose not have to flop ot to have me beat
  • edited September 2010
    he'd most likely bet the Ah on the flop.