You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forget Man Utd v Liveropool - the BIG GAME is on 865 this week!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

The new Format for MasterCash includes the Cash £300 every Saturday EXCEPT the third Saturday of the month - which is this Saturday.

So this Saturday, it's the Monthly £1,000 BIG GAME.

Great to play, greater to Analyse, & greaterer to watch, so don't forget to tell your mates, Channel 865 this Saturday will feature - we hope! - some terrific Live Poker action.

The Regular MasterCash Tables will also be featured, as well as Top of the Pots, with "BIG GAME" as the central feature.

OK, I need to go tell the nosebleed boyz that this Saturday night is BIG GAME night.

I know all the "usual suspects", but if you have any names you think may be interested, let me know, please. I'll also work FB & Twitter to make sure they all know.

BIG GAME - this will be our third one - is always a bum-clencher for the Producer, Presenter, & Analyst, but you know me, I'm not in the least bit worried. Much.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I have to remember to record this im out and really enjoyed watching and railing the last one

PS. Liverpool v United isnt really that big a game nowadays :P
  • edited September 2010
    Should be a great game.
    I got a call today by a nice girl at Sky telling me the game was on and asking if i would be playing.  It was almost like she was trying to sign me up for the game.  I asked what was special about the game and if there was anything added which there isn't.  I wish my bankroll allowed me to play in a 1k pullup game but alas it doesn't at the moment.  Am still not sure how i feel about people being called for marketing purposes and advised about a game which for most,  is waaaaay out of their bankrolls.  Afterall, how often does a 5/10 game fill?  Am i being a bit touchy again or right to be wary of lower level players being sucked in? 
    With that said i look forward to watching a good scrap if i'm home.  I take it you'll be participating Tikay?  ;)
  • edited September 2010
    300 is a much more realistic amount than 1k.

with no option for people to be able to win a chance to play this will get pretty stale and pointless imo.
  • edited September 2010

Get James innit ! Get K88Moss innit !! And someone go find HAPPYWILD and get him IN IT !!
  • edited September 2010
    Get Giddens and/or Harris in the cash300 version and i'm sure your numbers will go through the roof, with that kind of value i'd even play!

Infact. hasn't Ed claimed to have played higher than this b4 anyway, get him in this one!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget Man Utd v Liveropool - the BIG GAME is on 865 this week!:
    Should be a great game. I got a call today by a nice girl at Sky telling me the game was on and asking if i would be playing.  It was almost like she was trying to sign me up for the game.  I asked what was special about the game and if there was anything added which there isn't.  I wish my bankroll allowed me to play in a 1k pullup game but alas it doesn't at the moment.  Am still not sure how i feel about people being called for marketing purposes and advised about a game which for most,  is waaaaay out of their bankrolls.  Afterall, how often does a 5/10 game fill?  Am i being a bit touchy again or right to be wary of lower level players being sucked in?  With that said i look forward to watching a good scrap if i'm home.  I take it you'll be participating Tikay?  ;)
    Posted by cottlad
    Behave Cotty!

I cannot play in it because......

1) I am the Analyst on the Show tonight, so that'd make it kinda tricky, especially as "I know NOTHING" Orford is the Presenter.

2) I don't play Online Hold Em Cash, or even Offline Hold Em Cash, at that level. Hi-Lo, Stud, DC, or even Hold Em Tourneys, all those, yeah, count me in, but not Hold Em!
  • edited September 2010
    I really think it would be great for a minor celebrity to play the big game... this would generate alot more interest imo.

Someone with lots of money who loves to play poker but needs to improve their game...

Im sure sky have contacts with some of the previous celebrity guests they had on the open before for example

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget Man Utd v Liveropool - the BIG GAME is on 865 this week!:
    I really think it would be great for a minor celebrity to play the big game... this would generate alot more interest imo. Someone with lots of money who loves to play poker but needs to improve their game... Im sure sky have contacts with some of the previous celebrity guests they had on the open before for example
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    A lot of those boxes would be ticked by Rich Orford, but he's unavailable, as he's tonight's Presenter.
  • edited September 2010
    Rich Orford is being touted for the next series of Celebrity Come Dine with Me!

4 Z listers pop round to the Orfmeister's for a microwave TV dinner then watch The big game on Sky

Great TV !!

Do it Rich you know u want to!
  • edited September 2010
    Rich Orford is being touted for the next series of Celebrity Come Dine with Me! 4 Z listers pop round to the Orfmeister's for a microwave TV dinner then watch The big game on Sky Great TV !! Do it Rich you know u want to!
    Posted by SolarCarro

keep the same voice over guy from the normal show his cutting comments are what make it great tv.