You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'm so so unlucky!!!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

hi all,
   iv been playing poker 4 years now, only ever won two tourne's. i have no luck, now really i see and hear of
   people gettin bad beats all the time. and even ones that would only happen in a lifetime happin's me daily...
   its unreal and really stressing me out.. i love poker and everytin about it.. i need to know if its just me or do other people go trough it to..  for example the other night i was playin two cash games and two tourne's
   when i was going trough them i'd ace's on one and kings on another when we went all in they were well behind
   i was defo over 80% to win.. not only did i lose them both.. witheen 5 mins i lost the other two wit better hands then them.. it's getting so stressfull for me as i love poker so much.. stressed pls help!!!

Comments

• edited September 2010

Your stats on sky aren't so bad......

What were the tournys u won? how much did you win?

How many people are in the tournys u usually play?

How hard do u work at your game? do you read books/forums etc? To try and improve? or do you use trial and error?

Or do you already think ur the best, and don't need to improve?
  • edited September 2010
    cooler82 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £81.00
    FlashFlush Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £120.98
      Your hole cards

dub1 Fold        
    sam1986 Fold        
    paul10 Fold        
    cakes1984 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £47.12
    cooler82 Raise   £1.50 £4.00 £79.50
    FlashFlush Call   £1.00 £5.00 £119.98
    cakes1984 Raise   £2.00 £7.00 £45.12
    cooler82 Call   £1.00 £8.00 £78.50
    FlashFlush Call   £1.00 £9.00 £118.98
    Flop

cooler82 Check        
    FlashFlush Check        
    cakes1984 Bet   £1.00 £10.00 £44.12
    cooler82 Raise   £4.00 £14.00 £74.50
    FlashFlush Call   £4.00 £18.00 £114.98
    cakes1984 Raise   £6.00 £24.00 £38.12
    cooler82 Raise   £6.00 £30.00 £68.50
    FlashFlush Raise   £18.00 £48.00 £96.98
    cakes1984 Call   £15.00 £63.00 £23.12
    cooler82 All-in   £68.50 £131.50 £0.00
    FlashFlush Call   £56.50 £188.00 £40.48
    cakes1984 All-in   £23.12 £211.12 £0.00
    cooler82 Show
    • A

FlashFlush Show

cakes1984 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

• A

River

• K

cooler82 Win Full House, 7s and Aces £209.32   £209.32
  • edited September 2010
    That's a nasty way to get beat FF

Didn't one of the sky Players at the WSOP main Event go out in a similar manner this year 
  • edited September 2010
    it happens to everyone mate.
    yesterday had aces beaten by 3s - allin
    today trip 8s after flop and FH after turn beaten by better FH on river - allin 

take a break,do other things
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to i'm so so unlucky!!!:
      hi all,    iv been playing poker 4 years now, only ever won two tourne's. i have no luck, now really i see and hear of    people gettin bad beats all the time. and even ones that would only happen in a lifetime happin's me daily...    its unreal and really stressing me out.. i love poker and everytin about it.. i need to know if its just me or do other people go trough it to..  for example the other night i was playin two cash games and two tourne's    when i was going trough them i'd ace's on one and kings on another when we went all in they were well behind    i was defo over 80% to win.. not only did i lose them both.. witheen 5 mins i lost the other two wit better hands then them.. it's getting so stressfull for me as i love poker so much.. stressed pls help!!!
    Posted by tariii12

EVery time you play a hand of poker there is a greater than zero chance of you getting a beat.

the more you play the more beats you could get. 

DONT PLAY IF YOU DONT WANT BEATS!
  • edited September 2010

listen pal my point is.. if i go into a hand 80% fav.. i should win more then 5%. and i dont im only writing
    cause its nearly unreal. if you seen the beats i keep gettin you'd understand.. i really dont mind beats
    but to constantly keep coming out the worst when im miles ahead its frustrating. just wondering is there any one going through it. and will it change.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: i'm so so unlucky!!!:
    That's a nasty way to get beat FF Didn't one of the sky Players at the WSOP main Event go out in a similar manner this year 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Yeah they did Jock sadly I can't remember the guys real name (sorry! it was the LUFC fan though if memory serves correct). He had A-4 vs A-K, got it all-in on flop of A-A-4, then turn or river came K. Ouch very harsh.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to i'm so so unlucky!!!:

I have'nt been playing as long as you,but my fortunes are similar to yours, I just regard myself as an unlucky player, and I accept that totally. The thing with me is that I only play for fun in low MTTS, and I expect to lose,which is just as well lol, but it does'nt stress me out. I can afford to play and lose, which I suppose is lucky really.     Kind regards