You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Very Confused, pointers anyone?

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
djcosmic Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £49.12
dub1 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £56.40
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

mickjenn1 Raise  £2.50 £3.25 £51.08
kirstii Call  £2.50 £5.75 £88.65
gerrard9 Call  £2.50 £8.25 £51.97
djcosmic Fold     
dub1 Call  £2.00 £10.25 £54.40
Flop

• Q

dub1 Check     
mickjenn1 Check     
kirstii Bet  £6.00 £16.25 £82.65
gerrard9 Call  £6.00 £22.25 £45.97
dub1 Fold     
mickjenn1 Fold     
Turn

• Q

kirstii Check     
gerrard9 Bet  £7.50 £29.75 £38.47
kirstii Fold     
gerrard9 Muck     
gerrard9 Win  £21.14  £59.61
gerrard9 Return  £7.50 £1.11 £67.11

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Got myself into a sticky situation with Jacks, i thought leading out after two checks was the best course of action but after the call really didn't know where i stood or what to do next.
  • edited September 2010
    PF I'd raise to 7ish.  Flop is ok too.

Turn is fine.  Villain here is never turning up with GS/9x.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Very Confused, pointers anyone?:
    PF I'd raise to 7ish.  Flop is ok too. Turn is fine.  Villain here is never turning up with GS/9x.
    Posted by scotty77
    I can see the argument for the PF RR but with jacks i sometimes like to treat them as a small pair, i.e hope for a set or a low board to go broke against kings with lol
  • edited September 2010
    I can't see your stack here but as you normally sit with 40bbs I would be looking to 3 bet with JJ everytime. Especially as villian raise size is always 5x.
  • edited September 2010
    Stack is alot of bbs......but still 3 bet with Jacks.

Why do u treat a big pair like a small pair?

• edited September 2010
    she had well over 100bbs! she had £88

if you click and hold over her hh then drag cursor to the right you can see the rest of it.............
  • edited September 2010
    she had well over 100bbs! she had £88 if you click and hold over her hh then drag cursor to the right you can see the rest of it.............
    Posted by donkeyplop
    obv i just wanted to abuse lol.
  • edited September 2010
    Stack is alot of bbs......but still 3 bet with Jacks. Why do u treat a big pair like a small pair?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not everytime dohhh but just in a bid to mix it up, espec against a reg like gerrard who i've been playing with regular for the past couple of weeks.
  • edited September 2010
    Stack is alot of bbs......but still 3 bet with Jacks. Why do u treat a big pair like a small pair?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    heros stack is but itsnot  effective as everyone is only playing about 100

if a couple of people at the table have 200bb too than a flat a fine
  • edited September 2010
    she had well over 100bbs! she had £88 if you click and hold over her hh then drag cursor to the right you can see the rest of it.............
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Well, I've learnt something today. :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Very Confused, pointers anyone? : obv i just wanted to abuse lol.
    Posted by pryce6
    It clearly failed, jog on.
  • edited September 2010

Yeh but it's Gerrard to act behind......you have no idea what he's gonna do. You have position on mick who opens for 5x, your hand doesn't play well multi way, so a raise to get HU with mick/take it down pre would be my play........

You know Dub in the big blind loves to see flops, the chances are he will call even if Gerrard doesn't. 

I wouldn't like to play jacks 3 handed in "no mans land" (2nd to act of 3), unless you really are gonna check fold any flop with an over-card and no jack....

It seems by flatting ur sitting on the fence....

Mick can open with alot worse than JJ, and theres always the chance of u out-playing him on the flop/down the streets. 

• edited September 2010
    Yeh but it's Gerrard to act behind......you have no idea what he's gonna do. You have position on mick who opens for 5x, your hand doesn't play well multi way, so a raise to get HU with mick/take it down pre would be my play........ You know Dub in the big blind loves to see flops, the chances are he will call even if Gerrard doesn't.  I wouldn't like to play jacks 3 handed in "no mans land" (2nd to act of 3), unless you really are gonna check fold any flop with an over-card and no jack.... It seems by flatting ur sitting on the fence.... Mick can open with alot worse than JJ, and theres always the chance of u out-playing him on the flop/down the streets. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good points made dohhh and i have to agree with them in hindsight. As i said a fair chunk of the time i am re-raising but the odd time i do like to mix it up, defo picked the wrong time me thinks!
  • edited September 2010
    Yeh but it's Gerrard to act behind......you have no idea what he's gonna do.

Super creative Gerrard gonna lag it up pre and squeeze 3bet with air!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Yeh but it's Gerrard to act behind......you have no idea what he's gonna do. Super creative Gerrard gonna lag it up pre and squeeze 3bet with air!
    Posted by scotty77
    loool
  • edited September 2010
    dohh u say you dont want to be in no mans land with JJ pre what if you get 4bet by mick?

his 5x open signals alot of strength i really wouldnt be super thrilled 3betting JJ here for value i think flatting is fine. not played w/ gerrard alot but it a pretty terrible betsize if he does have Qx id probably call turn without any specific reads
  • edited September 2010

If we get 4 bet, fold the hand, we're behind.
  • edited September 2010
    3betting JJ here would be pretty bad espec vs. this V from what I remember (although you should really be blanking out players names). Cawl turn play river.
  • edited September 2010
    I play it the same Kirstii though 'might' check flop. c/snap fold turn.
  • edited September 2010
    I'd call as played, could easily be making this river bet with worse.

i would defo be donk betting the flop too so i can get a better idea, maybe even betting down each street here would be a route i'd go down personally. i think you have been bluffed here by a worser hand but then again i dont play these stakes
  • edited September 2010

he makes every raise 5x btw so his pf raise size doesn't necesarrily mean massive strength

• edited September 2010
    I'd call as played, could easily be making this river bet with worse. i would defo be donk betting the flop too so i can get a better idea, maybe even betting down each street here would be a route i'd go down personally. i think you have been bluffed here by a worser hand but then again i dont play these stakes
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    What makes you think i'm being bluffed by a "worser" hand, i've been playing with him a fair bit and i didn't have a clue as i said, what do you think shows a worse hand?