You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 monster hands OMAHA

this is the situation, the player in question has been stacking of players left right and centre. so i sit there and wait for a good hand knowing that if i hit he will probably pay me off and this is what happened
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
readem Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £6.14
xxxxxx Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £56.66
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

BURNShurtz Call  £0.20 £0.50 £28.73
classasa Call  £0.20 £0.70 £13.34
Employee Call  £0.20 £0.90 £26.00
THEOCALOT Fold     
readem Fold     
xxxxxx Check     
Flop

• J
  • K
  • J

xxxxxx Check     
BURNShurtz Check     
classasa Check     
Employee Check     
Turn

• A

xxxxxx Check     
BURNShurtz Check     
classasa Check     
Employee Check     
River

xxxxxx Bet  £0.90 £1.80 £55.76
BURNShurtz Raise  £3.60 £5.40 £25.13
classasa Fold     
Employee Fold     
xxxxxx Raise  £10.80 £16.20 £44.96
BURNShurtz All-in  £25.13 £41.33 £0.00
xxxxxx Raise  £34.06 £75.39 £10.90
xxxxxx Unmatched bet  £17.03 £58.36 £27.93
xxxxxx Show
  • J
  • J
  • Q

BURNShurtz Show
  • A
  • A

xxxxxx Win Four Jacks £57.46  £85.39 
i did think that he may of had it when he re-raise but this was my last hand for the night.
what do you think, should i have layed it down or was it an easy all-in as there is only the one hand that can beat you?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    easy stack off.  bet the turn
  • edited September 2010
      This has to rate as just about the worst playing down the streets ever by 2 players in a hand of omaha.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 2 monster hands OMAHA:
      This has to rate as just about the worst playing down the streets ever by 2 players in a hand of omaha.
    Posted by Talon
    Your posts always come across as really arrogant imo, he posted the hand to learn obv. Theres no need to be such a douche, especially when most of the players on this site are still beginners when it comes to omaha.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by Talon
    no point discussing a hand with you is there??,
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 2 monster hands OMAHA : Your posts always come across as really arrogant imo, he posted the hand to learn obv. Theres no need to be such a douche, especially when most of the players on this site are still beginners when it comes to omaha.
    Posted by yb
    thank you
  • edited September 2010
    easy stack off.  bet the turn
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    hi there, the reason i didnt bet turn was some of the players had been quite aggresive so was hoping for the bets to come from some one else, also was pretty sure the player in question would 100% bet river. as it turned out i was dead before that but i dont think betting the turn would of helped much in this situation.  
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by Talon
    pretty arrogant from sum1 who can't beat 2/4p omaha!
  • edited September 2010
    burnshurtz, you said you were 100% sure he would bet the river, how were you certain of this as he has checked twice now in a 4way pot i would be expecting the same on the river.

id bet the turn because simply any Jx is going to call two streets and so is QTxx
  • edited September 2010
    burnshurtz, you said you were 100% sure he would bet the river, how were you certain of this as he has checked twice now in a 4way pot i would be expecting the same on the river. id bet the turn because simply any Jx is going to call two streets and so is QTxx
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    your right in what say,  the only answer i have is after watching the player over his last 15+ hands is that if he seen any weakness he would bet. btw i am taking in everything you say, and its much appreciated
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by Talon
    In Talon's defense he seems to know whats what re omaha - his post recently about how to play omaha was very informative. Thanks a lot m8 must of taken ages.

However maybe a little more constructive critism may have been in order as I think the majority r new to Omaha. (I dont even want to think about hi/lo - Id need 10 mins to work out what i got!)

For example what you would of done?
  • edited September 2010
      To sum up this hand simply after that turn card hits you are going to stack off everytime and i would find it very difficult to lay that hand down under virtually any circumstance.

My comment about the play down the streets was due to his checking both flop and turn and you checking the turn.Slow playing hands is never a great idea because of the fact that all it achieves is to give absolute odds to any draw going. Also this is a pot limit game so the ability to overraise or go allin out of nowhere is not available.So for this reason when you hit big either with a made hand or a big draw you need to build the pot up to make it more substantial for the winning and to chase off people drawing to better hands.In this hand there was only the original 90p in the pot when the river hit which is way too low considering the hands you both had.

So my only problem with the way this hand was played out was not the fact that you ended up all-in but just the the lateness of you ending up all-in.As i said there is virtually no way you can put anyone on pocket jacks and you just have to accept the fact that he had a better hand, but he should have been more aggressive on the turn at least and so should you have.
  • edited September 2010
      To sum up this hand simply after that turn card hits you are going to stack off everytime and i would find it very difficult to lay that hand down under virtually any circumstance.   My comment about the play down the streets was due to his checking both flop and turn and you checking the turn.Slow playing hands is never a great idea because of the fact that all it achieves is to give absolute odds to any draw going. Also this is a pot limit game so the ability to overraise or go allin out of nowhere is not available.So for this reason when you hit big either with a made hand or a big draw you need to build the pot up to make it more substantial for the winning and to chase off people drawing to better hands.In this hand there was only the original 90p in the pot when the river hit which is way too low considering the hands you both had.   So my only problem with the way this hand was played out was not the fact that you ended up all-in but just the the lateness of you ending up all-in.As i said there is virtually no way you can put anyone on pocket jacks and you just have to accept the fact that he had a better hand, but he should have been more aggressive on the turn at least and so should you have.
    Posted by Talon
    thats more like it, good advise thanks