You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (18th/19th)

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
Bring on the weekend! I've not had a single winner all season so far but I'm hopeful that will change tomorrow.

I've gone for 3 different bets for tomorrow.

Main Acca:

Swansea to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 4/6
Huddersfield to beat Yeovil (H) @ 8/15
Chesterfield to beat Cheltenham (H) @ 8/11
Shrewsbury to beat Northampton (H) @ 10/11

These 4 are paying a very tasty 7/1

At a first glance backing Swansea might look a bit risky but they've won all 3 at the Liberty Stadium so far including an impressive victory over Burnley. Scunny may have walloped Sheffield Utd at Bramall Lane in midweek but they're coming up against a very well organised Swansea outfit who should be too strong for them at home.
Huddersfield's biggest strength in League 1 is their home form & they've nothing to fear from a Yeovil side who really don't travel well. In their 3 games away from Huish Park so far this season they've lost 2 & drawn 1 whilst conceding 6 goals in the process. Huddersfield did the double over them last season & should see them off.
The main reason I'm backing Chesterfield here is because they're at home. So far they've won all 3 games scoring 8 goals in the process. Despite sitting just 2 places behind them in 6th spot in the league, it's Cheltenham's away form that is killing them so far. In their 3 games on the road so far they've yet to win (2 defeats) & have conceded a whopping 10 goals in the process (including 6 at Rotherham). Their last road trip saw them lose 3-1 at lowly Barnet.
Shrewsbury currently occupy 2nd spot in League 2 by virtue of the fact that Torquay have a slightly better goal difference & this price is too big imo. Again, it's at home where they're particularly strong having beaten Rotherham there last time out. They come up against a Northampton side who have yet to win in 3 attempts on the road so far & I can only see one outcome here. Shrewsbury won this fixture 3-0 last season & we could easily see a repeat again tomorrow.

Away Day Special Long Shot:

Burnley to beat Crystal Palace @ 13/8
QPR to beat Leicester @ 7/4
Peterborough to beat Exeter @ 5/4
Rotherham to beat Barnet @ 11/8
Port Vale to beat Macclesfield @ 5/4

These 5 are paying a whopping 86/1. I've had 10 x trebles @ 50p per line plus a £1 acca on all 5. If just 3 come in then at the very least I'll get back my stake back but should all 5 come in then I'll pick up the thick end of £160!

Burnley have yet to win away from Turf Moor so far this season with 2 defeats & a draw but they're up against an inconsistent Palace side who have lost 4 of their 6 games so far.
I didn't back Rangers to win at Portman Road in midweek & I'm gutted that I bottled it cos they were a decent price. Leicester picked up their first win of the season in midweek at home to an injury ravaged Cardiff side but I think Rangers should just edge this.
Peterborough currently occupy top spot in League 1 & whilst they've lost 2 of their 3 games away from London Road they should have just enough about them to pinch the points here. Exeter are decent at St James' but they're certainly not unbeatable there & if Aaron Mclean, George Boyd or Craig Mackail-Smith take their shooting boots down to Devon they can sneak this.
Rotherham are another side who are very hit & miss on the road but if they're to be serious title contenders then a trip to a very poor Barnet side really should hold no fear. They won there last season & as long as Adam Le Fondre is up for it they can do the same this time round too.
Port Vale have made a decent start to the season & currently only sit in 3rd place due to the top 2 having a better goal difference. They've won all 3 away from Vale Park so far this season & they travel to a Macclesfield side who have yet to win in 3 attempts at home so far.

All over 2.5 goals:

Aston Villa/Bolton @ 10/11
Leicester/QPR @ evens
Millwall/Watford @ 10/11
Stevenage/Torquay @ 10/11
Burton/Crewe @ 4/5

These 5 are paying a very healthy 24/1. All of these sides have shown that they've got goals in them & historically these games tend to produce them.

Happy betting peeps

Jay

Comments