You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never playing sober again. Ever.

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
My poker play is just soooo much better drunk. Without any shadow of a doubt. I can rip dym's when drunk as I laugh evily.

My most profitable MTT is The Open because I play it when I'm drunk. I'm Scottish, it's Saturday night, go figure.

1st in an MTT tonight and only bad luck stopped me winning 3.

The paradox is that I go a wee bit too crazy with the bank roll when drunk though. £50 dym's with Ben Nutter? Bring it on. Entire br to prove that I'm as good as lolufold? Bring it on. I've actually performed ok against those heavyweights but the problem is that when I get felted I've no way back. Other than selling my house. And that's not clever.

I need a manager. that can stake me to play when drunk. And then stop me playing when too drunk. Tikay? Dohhhh? It's profitable. Honestly.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Never playing sober again. Ever.:
    My poker play is just soooo much better drunk. Without any shadow of a doubt. I can rip dym's when drunk as I laugh evily. My most profitable MTT is The Open because I play it when I'm drunk. I'm Scottish, it's Saturday night, go figure. 1st in an MTT tonight and only bad luck stopped me winning 3. The paradox is that I go a wee bit too crazy with the bank roll when drunk though. £50 dym's with Ben Nutter? Bring it on. Entire br to prove that I'm as good as lolufold? Bring it on. I've actually performed ok against those heavyweights but the problem is that when I get felted I've no way back. Other than selling my house. And that's not clever. I need a manager. that can stake me to play when drunk. And then stop me playing when too drunk. Tikay? Dohhhh? It's profitable. Honestly.
    Posted by bandini
    This has been doing my head in for years....

My poker sessions always go as follows....

Fist couple of hours, when Im playing sober and gradually getting tipsy,.....I lose....

I start feeling it, and begin to hold my own.

I get drunk, and start winning.

Then theres a "golden" 2/3 hours between 10pm and maybe 1am where Im at "the perfect level of drunken-ness" This is where I normally make or break my sessions. Im in the zone, Im beer-ed up, but not too much. Im playing well, Im reading situations, picking spots, and it's amazing how I seem to run better.

Then.....

I start to get too drunk, normally 1am onwards, Im feeling it big-time and going to the potty and the fridge at least 4 times an hour. This is where Im shoving draws, making ambitious plays, but still within reason and with logic behind them.....

If this session goes well, at 3am....the risk factor goes through the roof.....

I can't see properly without closing 1 eye, the room spins, the fold button becomes redundant, and I normally go to bed having dropped at least 1 buy in within the last hour. Te last beneficiary of this was batkin88, who can testify that I got a tad carried away with pocket jacks on an A K Q all hearts flop!

The key is.....

Limit losses in the first few hours.

Make sure you get as many hands in during the "golden period" as you can.

Try and stay in this period for as long as possible ...(slow down abit)

Then find a way, some-how, to log off before u hit the disaster zone. Obviously you're never gonna do this voluntarily, the last time I did it, the internet failed, I had to re-set the router n puter, and fell asleep before it came back on again.

Thats running good.......
  • edited September 2010
    did you drink too much last night when you suddenly had to go as you were nodding off???

i dont know how you do it????
  • edited September 2010

Hoping to get a few hours kip this afternoon, and get back on it tonight, my first friday & saturday double since I was 22 !!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Never playing sober again. Ever.:
    Hoping to get a few hours kip this afternoon, and get back on it tonight, my first friday & saturday double since I was 22 !!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    stone?  :)

gl later mate
  • edited September 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL
  • edited September 2010
    YOURS POST,S MADE ME LAUGH I REMEMBER A YEAR AGO  I WENT ROUND SOME FRIENDS CAME BACK HOME DRUNK ABOUT 1AM. THINKS TO ME SELF ILL HAVE A GAME OF POKER, LOGED INTO A 10 POUND DYM GAME STARTED,LOOKING AT CARDS THROUGH ONE EYE CAN OF LARGER AT MY SIDE, I COULD,NT DO ANYTHING WRONG SEEMED AS IF I NEW WHAT OTHER PLAYER,S WERE GOING TO DO.HENCE I CAME SECOND,I ALSO THINK THAT THE OTHER PLAYERS HAD NEVER PLAYED ME BEFORE,SO WERE WARY OF ME.NOT DONE IT SINCE MAY BE I SHOULD XXX
  • edited September 2010
    YOURS POST,S MADE ME LAUGH I REMEMBER A YEAR AGO  I WENT ROUND SOME FRIENDS CAME BACK HOME DRUNK ABOUT 1AM. THINKS TO ME SELF ILL HAVE A GAME OF POKER, LOGED INTO A 10 POUND DYM GAME STARTED,LOOKING AT CARDS THROUGH ONE EYE CAN OF LARGER AT MY SIDE, I COULD,NT DO ANYTHING WRONG SEEMED AS IF I NEW WHAT OTHER PLAYER,S WERE GOING TO DO.HENCE I CAME SECOND,I ALSO THINK THAT THE OTHER PLAYERS HAD NEVER PLAYED ME BEFORE,SO WERE WARY OF ME.NOT DONE IT SINCE MAY BE I SHOULD XXX
    Posted by paige55
    Lol ; ) xx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Never playing sober again. Ever.:
    My poker play is just soooo much better drunk. Without any shadow of a doubt. I can rip dym's when drunk as I laugh evily. My most profitable MTT is The Open because I play it when I'm drunk. I'm Scottish, it's Saturday night, go figure. 1st in an MTT tonight and only bad luck stopped me winning 3. The paradox is that I go a wee bit too crazy with the bank roll when drunk though. £50 dym's with Ben Nutter? Bring it on. Entire br to prove that I'm as good as lolufold? Bring it on. I've actually performed ok against those heavyweights but the problem is that when I get felted I've no way back. Other than selling my house. And that's not clever. I need a manager. that can stake me to play when drunk. And then stop me playing when too drunk. Tikay? Dohhhh? It's profitable. Honestly.
    Posted by bandini
    I have you pencilled in for a 50p DYM at 0130 hours on Sunday ;0).

We will take it from there.
  • ACAACA
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Never playing sober again. Ever. : This has been doing my head in for years.... My poker sessions always go as follows.... Fist couple of hours, when Im playing sober and gradually getting tipsy,.....I lose.... I start feeling it, and begin to hold my own. I get drunk, and start winning. Then theres a "golden" 2/3 hours between 10pm and maybe 1am where Im at "the perfect level of drunken-ness" This is where I normally make or break my sessions. Im in the zone, Im beer-ed up, but not too much. Im playing well, Im reading situations, picking spots, and it's amazing how I seem to run better. Then..... I start to get too drunk, normally 1am onwards, Im feeling it big-time and going to the potty and the fridge at least 4 times an hour. This is where Im shoving draws, making ambitious plays, but still within reason and with logic behind them..... If this session goes well, at 3am....the risk factor goes through the roof..... I can't see properly without closing 1 eye, the room spins, the fold button becomes redundant, and I normally go to bed having dropped at least 1 buy in within the last hour. Te last beneficiary of this was batkin88, who can testify that I got a tad carried away with pocket jacks on an A K Q all hearts flop! The key is..... Limit losses in the first few hours. Make sure you get as many hands in during the "golden period" as you can. Try and stay in this period for as long as possible ...(slow down abit) Then find a way, some-how, to log off before u hit the disaster zone. Obviously you're never gonna do this voluntarily, the last time I did it, the internet failed, I had to re-set the router n puter, and fell asleep before it came back on again. Thats running good.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    top top post DOH, I feel as if I've written it myself

without a shadow of doubt I have donked off hundreds/thousands from 1am onwards
    the trouble is when I check how I manged it I dont appear to have done much wrong in the big pots, a few bb's and a few coin tosses lost, then on closer inspection I find I'm playing every pot oop, donking off 2 or 3 bb a hnad which sets up a loose table image and makes other players call and hit light.

I need an 1am off switch

Always a pleasure
    ACA
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Never playing sober again. Ever. : This has been doing my head in for years.... My poker sessions always go as follows.... Fist couple of hours, when Im playing sober and gradually getting tipsy,.....I lose.... I start feeling it, and begin to hold my own. I get drunk, and start winning. Then theres a "golden" 2/3 hours between 10pm and maybe 1am where Im at "the perfect level of drunken-ness" This is where I normally make or break my sessions. Im in the zone, Im beer-ed up, but not too much. Im playing well, Im reading situations, picking spots, and it's amazing how I seem to run better. Then..... I start to get too drunk, normally 1am onwards, Im feeling it big-time and going to the potty and the fridge at least 4 times an hour. This is where Im shoving draws, making ambitious plays, but still within reason and with logic behind them..... If this session goes well, at 3am....the risk factor goes through the roof..... I can't see properly without closing 1 eye, the room spins, the fold button becomes redundant, and I normally go to bed having dropped at least 1 buy in within the last hour. Te last beneficiary of this was batkin88, who can testify that I got a tad carried away with pocket jacks on an A K Q all hearts flop! The key is..... Limit losses in the first few hours. Make sure you get as many hands in during the "golden period" as you can. Try and stay in this period for as long as possible ...(slow down abit) Then find a way, some-how, to log off before u hit the disaster zone. Obviously you're never gonna do this voluntarily, the last time I did it, the internet failed, I had to re-set the router n puter, and fell asleep before it came back on again. Thats running good.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You're me jj, you're me. There has to a solution.
  • edited September 2010

And the dark side of it.

Minced entire br on one cash table at 8 this morning. I had a £200 br for a while too.

lol.

Thank God I was £200 up in last night's live game. Or I'd be crying.

lol, I amuse myself at times.

Now to win it back.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Never playing sober again. Ever. : I have you pencilled in for a 50p DYM at 0130 hours on Sunday ;0). We will take it from there.
    Posted by emilyegg
    lol, close.

I'll just deposit another £100.

And then win Primo.

Sky, you must love me.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    And A4 looks horrendously like AA :-)

lol, it's better than a boring life. The Gods love me because I amuse them. Can't see them being impressed by chaps talking about car engines. No danger. The Gods need to laugh just like us.